Canada's Justice Minister - "No Compromise"?

waldo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will some time, just not this time. And if trudeau does not win ,it could be a very long time.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Keep in mind there are a number of chickens coming home to roost for Harper. One in particular is the very next day after the fall sitting commences comes the first day of the Duffy trial. If you think Harper's polls look bad now, just wait for that saga to begin unfolding. QP should be fun, or will he just try to prorogue yet again?

Gotta love it, the lefties trying everything they can to conjure up a scandal. Well when the liberals do get back in power, you will then have your scandals.

Of course, every government and party has them eventually. They don't need to be conjured up, they happen on their own.

• 3 weeks later...

A indirect jab directed at the Trudeau Liberals:

"We have ensured owners of those guns will not face prosecution," Harper said.

"We will take all actions necessary to ensure bureaucrats cannot bring back the long-gun registry through the back door!"

Will the Trudeau Liberals respond? Layout their own firearms policy? Or will they support the Governments "Common sense" firearms legislation?

Remember the words of Liberal MP Wayne Easter at the Liberal policy convention:

• 7 months later...

Surprisingly, outside an initial influx of new members and donations after the reclassifications, the relevance of the NFA has been diminishing (post LGR binning) with their apparent inability to understand political realities and gain influence (unlike the CSSA), coupled by long-time members/donators, gun retailers, hunting & shooting clubs etc distancing themselves at a greater rate after their inane response during the then ongoing Moncton shootings.

And less then a year later, the implosion has begun........Like I said last Summer:

the NFA’s methodology towards lobbying, media communications and stated endgame certainly leaves a lot to be desired….And not only won’t achieve positive results, but could very possibly have the opposite effect.

It would be akin to the NRA being run by college students with a Facebook, that alienate not only Democrats, but Republicans too……….Though I did purchase a lifetime membership several years ago with the org, I no longer intend to support the NFA with further donations, which I curtailed last year and stopped earlier this summer………and I am far from alone, with many members, gun clubs, hunting groups, retailers and industry doing the like………

At the end of the day, why would anyone continue to financially reward not only poor performance, but counterproductive policies and wholesale embarrassment…….though the squeaky wheel gets the grease, the warped wheel gets replaced.