How Trudeau is winning my vote

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you only smoke very small amounts on a very regular basis (way less than the half a joint "people are talking about smoking") and it therefore does not affect your ability to function productively?

My first response is what's the point?

I think we've had this discussion before. I think a majority of people that consume the drugs are looking for some form of impairment.

Then again many people consume single servings of alcohol without expecting any impairment. They just like the taste.

Edited by Boges

I certainly avoid doing that. It creates a habit. It may not be physically addictive but it's something you grow to expect.

Expect? Like morning coffee for most? Anyway, that wasn't the question asked. You claimed that anyone smoking some weed every day would be equivalent to an alcoholic. Should those millions upon millions, who sip a glass of wine with dinner every day be considered alcoholics? If not, then isn't it possible that someone could use a small amount of weed everyday to control pain, relax, whatever, without leading to the severe family, health, social and financial problems we associate with alcoholism?

Edited by Mighty AC

That wasn't the question asked though. You claimed that anyone smoking some weed every day would be equivalent to an alcoholic. Should those millions upon millions, who sip a glass of wine with dinner every day be considered alcoholics? If not, then isn't it possible that someone could use a small amount of weed everyday to control pain, relax, whatever, without leading to the severe family, health, social and financial problems we associate with alcoholism?

My position is that if you use a substance everyday to feel normal, to relax etc you're probably dependent on it.

I'll fully concede I'm physically addictive, if not dependent on coffee.

My thing about pot is that it takes so little of the product to create an impairment, it's a very potent drug.

Now do I think it should be a criminal offense to use or even produce it? NO. But I'm not going to be convinced to vote for JT on this issue as, where I live anyway, it's already effectively decriminalized and I can't stand how my government handles distribution and regulation of the recreational drugs that are legal.

Now do I think it should be a criminal offense to use or even produce it? NO. But I'm not going to be convinced to vote for JT on this issue as, where I live anyway, it's already effectively decriminalized and I can't stand how my government handles distribution and regulation of the recreational drugs that are legal.

So no MCBO or Weed Store for you then? :D

Edited by Black Dog

I agree completely. This particular issue is just a minor item on a list of many issues that is leading me towards voting for Justin.

Oh there's lots more than MJ to hinge your vote on. How about the never ending stream of scandals issueing from Ottawa under Harper? The latest of course being the Robocalls conviction.

Wait a minute here. If you wanna talk about lies from government Oh boy are we gonna have fun with Harper.

This is one of the cleanest governments we have had in yrs. Nobody will ever be perfect. And the robo calls is one guy and he should be going to jail. The NDP is a lot more corrupt then anyone else.

Edited by PIK

My position is that if you use a substance everyday to feel normal, to relax etc you're probably dependent on it.

Never physically dependent like coffee, but certainly psychologically inclined.

My thing about pot is that it takes so little of the product to create an impairment, it's a very potent drug.

It's not a cigar. Tiny amounts!

... it's already effectively decriminalized...

Tell that to the thousands of people with criminal records for possession.

...and I can't stand how my government handles distribution and regulation of the recreational drugs that are legal.

So you would prefer organized crime in schoolyards? That's ridiculous.

Wait a minute here. If you wanna talk about lies from government Oh boy are we gonna have fun with Harper.

I'm sorry, but I thought the whole idea behind voting in someone like Trudeau was he'd be a breath of fresh air and do everything differently?

Yet it doesn't seem to matter that he's as arrogant and controlling towards his caucus as Harper is, and now it doesn't seem to matter that he's dishonest. Where' this breath of fresh air again?

I don't like marijuana any more than I like alcohol, but the reality is, it's unfair that it's illegal, a it's no more harmful than the other substance I named.

I don't have a problem with legalizing it. But it IS illegal, and everyone knows it, so if you get caught that's hardly being unfair to you.

I think it's stupid that the speed limit on interprovincial highways is 100, and so I go faster than that. If I get caught, well, I get caught. I won't bemoan how unfair it is.

Pot is banned for the same reason as the speed limit is made low, because it's considered to be in society's best interests.

And is breathing tobacco smoke any better? Is alcohol not a little harmful? And here's something to think about, most people who smoke MJ pass a joint around and have a few puffs and done. Lot's of cig smokers do a pack or more a day.

But we've been doing our best to discourage tobacco smokers for decades, and now you want to create a whole new unhealthy habit for everyone to enjoy publicly?

There's no THC in cigarette smoke, which is a mild form of acid.

Your posts would be more credible if you didn't consistently pepper them with complete bullcrap. There is no relation between LSD and THC or between LSD and cigarette smoke (whichever point you were trying to make in that convoluted, probably drunken sentence).