If Andrea Horwath does go, who is next for the Ontario NDP?

I think Andrea will try to hang on, but with a leadership review coming up I think chances are good she might not survive it (e.g. not reach the Joe Clark threshold)...

Who will take up the banner? I think there will be a strong push by Toronto dippers to take control back of the party and obviously my MPP (DiNovo) and Tabuns would be likely carriers of that banner.

If Olivia is unsuccessful at Mayor, would she try?

Edited by ParkdaleCon

That's a good question. I don't really know enough of the party. I think what really needs to change for them is their strategy. Their "Stop Hudak" nonsense was ridiculous. Ok, they stopped Hudak. He wasn't in power when they were trying to "stop" him, and he isn't in power now. They may want to actually try running against office holders in the future. I don't know who's strategy that was in the current or now past election campaign, but it was absurd. No wonder they're constantly in third place.

The NDP took 2 Seats from the Liberals.

How many seats did the PCs take from the Liberals?

The NDP took seats in Working Class Ridings, All 3 seat pickups were in working class ridings.

The NDP lost seats in Toronto ridings where the Liberals were targeting their seats with a campaign that said...

IF YOU WANT TO STOP TIM HUDAK VOTE LIBERAL!!!!

The counter to that attack was if you want to stop Tim Hudak, vote NDP....

Unfortuneately for everyone, the PCs ran a SHIT campaign with an incompetent and mathematically challenged goof who appeared DANGEROUS to everyone , including many PC voting Tories....

When Tories campaign like radicals or in this case (batshitcrazy radicals), you get a radical response. THe public made the decision, not the NDP and the Public mindset was to STOP HUDAK... and then they had TWO CHOICES...

A party mired in corruption...promising and promising and promising...

or a party proposing pragmatic realism that was affordable compared to fantasies of two parties, a million promises vs a million jobs, however, that didn't connect with the voters who wanted to STOP HUDAK!!!

The people chose.. and considering the smear jobs of the media against the NDP, I am surprised they did as well as they did.

And considering the BOOSTING of the RIGHT WING MEDIA towards the PCs, its clear, NOTHING could save them, not one wanted to believe the cheerleaders...

Andrea will stay on,

She gain the NDP vote by some 170000 , came 2nd in more ridings then anytime in the last 20 years. Growth of the NDP is still going up.

Certainly its dissapointing, but one could argue, if the Tories didn't run such a delusional campaign with a poorly developed radical leader, that perhaps people may have been more open to expressing their choice for change in government instead of circling the wagons to stop the Lunatics from running the asylum....

The Tories are dead... they are going to contine to shed ground, even with a new leader...

The Libs.. they are going to be a tough nut to crack.. .. although, I don't believe they have learned anything, I just believe people ahve

hardened up to the idea, that the Liberals are going ot take a billion here and an billion there adn waste it...

THe NDP will have to claw there way back into Toronto... but will be in better position then the Tories who appear in all circumstances to be the barbarians at the gates.

I recall hearing one person comment regarding Sun Media... who would ever believe a newspaper run by Separatists....

Fact is, no matter where I went, people were talking more about stopping hudak, or not being able to vote for him....

Now we have the unfortuneate situation of a Liberal Government, free at the helm..

the PCs cried for 3 years , starting the very day they were defeated in 2011 for an election.

They got what they wanted...

You have to wonder...after losing all those bi elections, if that wasn't an indicator, that the people had no interest in the PCs....

Then when it came down to the real deal....

Doug Holiday lost directly to the Liberals...

It had nothing to do with the NDP saying stop hudak, the NDP on the ground where hearing what everyone was talking about...

Stop the nutcase... So if you are going door to door and the vast majority of people are saying they want to stop the nutcase, anyparty would say the same thing...

Vote for Their party.... You want to stop the NUT, vote NDP, Vote Liberal, Vote Green, Vote Liberatarian.... They all heard it.

And thus the Liberals slip slided to victory..... again...

Why did Tim Hudak come off like a radical nut to the public....?

Just look at the platform and you have your answer..

So...

The NDP took 2 Liberal Seats

How many Liberal Seats did the PCs take...?

Ya OK Madmax, I get it, you're a Horwath supporter.

You know that the ONDP is now split.

Convention is coming up October/November? Not sure yet.

It's going to hit the fan at the convention centre buddy and you know it!

I'm not going to say much here on this thread because I don't trust the motives here.

WWWTT