Moncton NB shooting

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the cops will be careful to play everything by the book just so they can't can't give a defense lawyer a way to get evidence thrown out or something.

So far they are. They are even making sure that they don't call the accused a "killer"

Just playing it safe by drumming up sympathy for the fallen officers. Trying to make them look like innocent regular people as much as they can.

Actually they are spending very little time talking about the accused, mostly about the dead cops.

WWWTT

Well a certain member opined that he might get roughed up or even killed.

That would be the worst thing to do to get proper justice for the fallen.

It's pretty hard to imagine exactly what proper justice is for the fallen. There ain't no bringing them back and sadly that's that. Obviously we have to protect ehe rest of society from harm I'm sure there are those who would like to see more violence, but I am not one of them. That biblical eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth is f***ed.

Wait a minute. Apparently you have ignored BC for lo these many months. He's been accused for a reason.

That was a long time ago.

I actually like BC!

After all, he is the senior member on this site and has a vast knowledge of how this forum works and is tactfull!

WWWTT

I think the cops will be careful to play everything by the book just so they can't can't give a defense lawyer a way to get evidence thrown out or something.

That completely and totally misses the point. If he's mistreated then I am suggesting that it will result in his death in a police cell before he gets to prison. I'm not predicting that, I'm just looking at the possibility. If a suicide occurs then we will be well armed to look at the possible reasons why.

Thanks!

However, as you could be aware, when a poster expresses opinions that are not suitably politically correct as I have done,

Politically correct?!?!?!

That's a freekin spun phrase.

Are politicians now the moral standard for everyone to lift themselves up to???

I think in this thread there is media portrait of what happened, and we went against that.

WWWTT

It's pretty hard to imagine exactly what proper justice is for the fallen. There ain't no bringing them back and sadly that's that. Obviously we have to protect ehe rest of society from harm I'm sure there are those who would like to see more violence, but I am not one of them. That biblical eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth is f***ed.

Keep in mind that no civilians died here.

This wasn't a school shooting.

I think it is safe to say that everyone that was shot, was carrying a firearm.

WWWTT

If you don't mind being mired in sarcasm most of the time. Fill your boots. He's mostly ignored nowadays.

Unfair comment.

I actually contemplated reporting you for writing this! But I would be wrong to.

WWWTT

And that makes what kind of difference?

There wasn't an unarmed person shot.

Shooting an unarmed person is not the same as shooting an armed person.

You can see the difference no?

An armed person can shoot you just as you can shoot them.

An unarmed person is at a huge disadvantage against an armed person.

Shooting an unarmed person is a cowardly act.

WWWTT

WWWTT

Shooting anyone to death is murder in this country. Unless of course there is a self defence issue. Clearly not a part of this occurence.

Edited by On Guard for Thee

Shooting anyone to death is murder in this country.

No it's not.

It could be self defence.

How many cops in this country have walked away free after killing someone with a firearm?

I'm sure there are also other cases where people have shot and killed someone in self defence and walked away without any convictions, but I would have to research to back that one.

Anyways I'm off to bed and will pick this debate up time permitting.

Good night

WWWTT

No it's not.

It could be self defence.

How many cops in this country have walked away free after killing someone with a firearm?

I'm sure there are also other cases where people have shot and killed someone in self defence and walked away without any convictions, but I would have to research to back that one.

Anyways I'm off to bed and will pick this debate up time permitting.

Good night

WWWTT

What does all that malarcky have to do with this case?

Only an on duty uniformed one if the accused does not know them.

I remember a case back in the 90's where an undercover cop was killed in his car by two women and the first degree was thrown out by the judge for the lesser second degree because the convicted, then accused killers were unaware he was an policeman.

WWWTT

They were wearing uniforms, and he basically executed one of them.

WWWTT

As I have been sitting here and reading through this travesty of a forum thread I have come to realize just what an incredibly pooorly run and pathetic excuse for a forum this is. Of course that was already clear, when idiots like this and a few others are given the freedom to say any idiotic fucking thing that pops into their small minds, lowering the discussion to the lowest on every occasion. The moderators and owners of this site should be absolutely ashamed that posts like the above have been allowed to remain for any amount of time, this person is off his nut, and you are just as bad for allowing it to make over 5,000 posts here. What a fucking joke.

As I have been sitting here and reading through this travesty of a forum thread I have come to realize just what an incredibly pooorly run and pathetic excuse for a forum this is. Of course that was already clear, when idiots like this and a few others are given the freedom to say any idiotic fucking thing that pops into their small minds, lowering the discussion to the lowest on every occasion. The moderators and owners of this site should be absolutely ashamed that posts like the above have been allowed to remain for any amount of time, this person is off his nut, and you are just as bad for allowing it to make over 5,000 posts here. What a fucking joke.

So is someone twisting your arm to stay?