All They Need is a Handgun.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collection DUH!

+1 Thank you for such a logical and common sense response. At least somebody understands such things.

logo.png

9.2.1.8 (08-22-2013)

Firearms Qualification and Training Standards

1. Before special agents are authorized to carry or use any IRS-owned weapon, they must successfully complete firearms training provided during the CITP and SABT at the FLETC. Thereafter, special agents assigned either to a field office or HQ must successfully complete the firearms standards as described below in paragraph (3) in the field office or HQ. Special agents must also have successfully demonstrated proficiency with their weapon and attained a qualifying score within the time limits specified in paragraph (3) for handguns. Long gun cadre special agents must also meet the requirements set forth in paragraph (3) for authorization to carry shotguns and rifles on enforcement operations.

2. All special agents must have their badge and pocket commission on their person when carrying a firearm, except under unusual circumstances relating to special assignments with the approval of the SAC. The SSA must be assured that each special agent is clearly familiar with Treasury policy and guidelines for weapons use.

3. All special agents must meet the following annual standards with their assigned IRS-issued firearm:

1. HANDGUN

• Qualify bi-annually in non-consecutive quarters with assigned IRS-CI issued handgun

• Annually participate and demonstrate proficiency with tactical equipment, ballistic vest, concealed weapon draw, flashlight/low-light techniques, and any approved alternative holster 9.2.1.8(6)

• Attain a score of at least 75% while firing the CI approved semiautomatic pistol qualification course (Exhibit 9.2.1-5)

2. SHOTGUN

• Participate annually in shotgun familiarization, including review of the shotgun's function, operation, safe handling, and live-fire exercises

3. RIFLE

• Participate annually in rifle familiarization, including review of the long gun's function, operation, safe handling, and live-fire exercises

4. LONG GUN CADRE

• The SAC, with DFO concurrence, will determine the appropriate make up of agents participating in the long gun cadre, based on the needs of the field office

• Cadre members, as soon as practical, must attend the IRS M&P 15 Firearms Instructor Training that is facilitated by certified IRS-CI Sub-Machine Gun (SMG) instructors

• Cadre members will receive two additional training days (16 hours annually) to maintain skills and necessary proficiency

• Cadre members must attain a score of 90% or better in both the CI approved Shotgun Qualification Course (Exhibits 9.2.1-1 & 9.1.1-2) and the CI approved Rifle Qualification Course (Exhibit 9.2.1-4)

• Qualify bi-annually in non-consecutive quarters

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The 2nd Amendment doesn't disturb me as much as the fact that so many Americans very much like to exercise that right in such large numbers. US gun laws aren't as disturbing as US gun culture.

The "gun culture" is very much regional and rural. Wildlife is a concern in these areas, and shooting at "targets" is not nearly as destructive as target shooting in an urban area.

I can understand people who like to hunt, or people who live in wilderness who need guns for protection from mammals, but i'll never understand the people who collect and shoot targets with certain guns because they're "cool", makes them feel tough, makes them feel secure against thugs and robbers. Those people make the world a worse and more dangerous place.

I personally feel that robbers should worry that the brave man behind the counter is armed. These are small businesses that are usually the victim of late-night holdups; bodegas (small family-owned grocery stores), gas stations and the like. They are not wealthy and perform a real service by keeping New York City humming 24/7. I rather prefer the small businessman's or his/her employees' life to the life of a punk who robs people for a living.

Or maybe not.

Some posters only have one agenda - eg, creating Can-US bickering.

It gets boring ... and frustrating when newbies keep feeding the troll and ALL topics end up being one topic ... ad nauseam.

Are you referring to my posts? If so, please do not make personal attacks on me. I have always been civil.

The "gun culture" is very much regional and rural. Wildlife is a concern in these areas, and shooting at "targets" is not nearly as destructive as target shooting in an urban area.

There is stronger gun culture in some regions than others. But there is still strong gun culture pretty much everywhere in the states compared to Canada or other rich democracies.

I personally feel that robbers should worry that the brave man behind the counter is armed. These are small businesses that are usually the victim of late-night holdups; bodegas (small family-owned grocery stores), gas stations and the like. They are not wealthy and perform a real service by keeping New York City humming 24/7. I rather prefer the small businessman's or his/her employees' life to the life of a punk who robs people for a living.

I personally feel that the state should have a monopoly on the use of violence. A robber should worry that the police will eventually get him if he robs the man behind the counter. Works in Canada, doesn't seem to work too well in the US, as the brave (and often stupid and under-trained) armed man behind the counter is at a high risk of getting shot himself (and so is the robber and onlookers of course) when he flashes a gun. The stats show that your stance isn't good for a society and causes more death and violence, less not more security, and fear for everyone. In Canada, I can drive down the highway in most parts of any city in the country and flip someone the bird for tailgating me without fear of a gun coming out of the glove compartment in response. Freedom & security.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

What gun culture are you talking about?

Don't you find it all interesting that, despite the high rate of gun ownership and the relative ease of access to guns, that guns are seldom used in self defence (at least as far as we know: it's almost impossible to get any decent data on guns in the states because the NRA howls bloody murder at the mere suggestion of such things).

What gun culture are you talking about?

See the post to which I was responding.

Don't you find it all interesting that, despite the high rate of gun ownership and the relative ease of access to guns, that guns are seldom used in self defence (at least as far as we know: it's almost impossible to get any decent data on guns in the states because the NRA howls bloody murder at the mere suggestion of such things).

Hopefully they don't need to be "used" in self-defense; the knowledge that they may be easily handy should be enough of a deterrent.

See the post to which I was responding.

I did. Have no idea how that led tyo your claim that gun culture is a rural phenomenon.

Hopefully they don't need to be "used" in self-defense; the knowledge that they may be easily handy should be enough of a deterrent.

But it's not.

A new paper from the Violence Policy Center states that “for the five-year period 2007 through 2011, the total number of self-protective behaviors involving a firearm by victims of attempted or completed violent crimes or property crimes totaled only 338,700.” That comes to an annual average of 67,740 — not nothing, but nowhere near the N.R.A.’s 2 million or 2.5 million.

The V.P.C. also found that in 2010 “there were only 230 justifiable homicides involving a private citizen using a firearm” reported to the F.B.I.’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program. Compare that with the number of criminal gun homicides in the same year: 8,275. (That’s not counting gun suicides or unintentional shootings.)

I can understand people who like to hunt, or people who live in wilderness who need guns for protection from mammals, but i'll never understand the people who collect and shoot targets with certain guns because they're "cool", makes them feel tough, makes them feel secure against thugs and robbers. Those people make the world a worse and more dangerous place.

Maybe you don't understand it because your projecting your own failings upon them and in reality that isn't why they do those things, but carry on.

I personally feel that the state should have a monopoly on the use of violence. A robber should worry that the police will eventually get him if he robs the man behind the counter. Works in Canada.

Yea, i bet there are a lot of people from histroy that would disagree with that, and no, im not suggesting no restrictions on firearms, and it works in Canada...says who exactly? There are no roberies in Canada? No violence in Canada? No unsolved cases in Canada? Seriously.

Yea, i bet there are a lot of people from histroy that would disagree with that, and no, im not suggesting no restrictions on firearms, and it works in Canada...says who exactly? There are no roberies in Canada? No violence in Canada? No unsolved cases in Canada? Seriously.

Of course there are all of those things in Canada, but check the ratios. US loses big time. Herer's one I just read today, for every 1 time a homeowner gun is used to stop a home robbery, there are 7 incidents of either assault or suicide using that same homeowner gun.

I did. Have no idea how that led tyo your claim that gun culture is a rural phenomenon.

But it's not.

Actually we have no way of knowing how many crimes are deterred because they never happen. If a would-be robber imagines himself in a shootout rather than making an easy score is it possible the robber doesn't bother?

If it ever happens, though, we won't hear the end of it.

It happens from time to time. It's front page news at Breitbart when it happens (which isn't very often.)

-k

Says statistics.

Indeed. For all the hand-wringing some in Canada do regarding firearms, the statistics indicate that firearms violence and firearms accidents in this country are insignificant in number compared to more mundane causes of death.

-k

Indeed. For all the hand-wringing some in Canada do regarding firearms, the statistics indicate that firearms violence and firearms accidents in this country are insignificant in number compared to more mundane causes of death.

Honestly the U.S. is not much different.

Actually we have no way of knowing how many crimes are deterred because they never happen. If a would-be robber imagines himself in a shootout rather than making an easy score is it possible the robber doesn't bother?

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: Thats specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesnt work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: Its just a stupid rock.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: But I dont see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

Honestly the U.S. is not much different.

One key difference is no other country has a large, well-funded lobby working to oppose any measures to make cars safer or reduce incidences of disease.