The Magnanimity of Sudanese Islamic Courts

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/sudan/10837365/Islamic-court-permits-pregnant-woman-to-give-birth-before-she-is-hanged.html

A pregnant Muslim woman has been sentenced to death by hanging for the "horrific" crime of marrying a Christian. The court, however, will allow her to give birth to her child before they murder her for apostasy. Her marriage is not recognized by the courts, since her husband is Christian. She insists that she too is a Christian. Since her father is Muslim though, the courts don't recognize that she self-identifies as a Christian. Her father's a Muslim, she's a Muslim. Since she married a Christian man and their marriage is not recognized, she will also be whipped for adultery.

How does the UN not intervene when he entire "justice" system is a sham. It completely violates the International Human Rights Declaration.

Gee, maybe someone ought to complain to the UN...

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-wins-top-spots-on-u-n-human-rights-committees/

Somebody needs to help her flee the country.

I'm not being cynical here but all too often "the persecuted Christians" after they have been allowed to settle into a western country all of a sudden they become muslims again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/sudan/10837365/Islamic-court-permits-pregnant-woman-to-give-birth-before-she-is-hanged.html

A pregnant Muslim woman has been sentenced to death by hanging for the "horrific" crime of marrying a Christian. The court, however, will allow her to give birth to her child before they murder her for apostasy. Her marriage is not recognized by the courts, since her husband is Christian. She insists that she too is a Christian. Since her father is Muslim though, the courts don't recognize that she self-identifies as a Christian. Her father's a Muslim, she's a Muslim. Since she married a Christian man and their marriage is not recognized, she will also be whipped for adultery.

This story makes my blood boil and brings back nightmares of things I personally witnessed while working in some Islamic counties. Sharia law is about as sick and twisted concept as the human brain can conjure. I make no bones about the fact I don't follow any religion, but I'd put a bullet in Allah's head and then go for a cold beer without a flinch.

I'm not being cynical here but all too often "the persecuted Christians" after they have been allowed to settle into a western country all of a sudden they become muslims again.

Do you have anything to back this up? Are you suggesting this persecuted christian woman has ulterior motives to settle into a western country and become a terrorist muslim. Please!!! Don't be so ridiculous.

This woman is the daughter of a Muslim man and a Christian woman. The man left his family when the woman was an ifant, and she was raised as a Christian by her mother..

Sharia law requires that all children adopt the religion of their father. It also requires that women can never marry outside their faith and the penalty is death. This is the law this woman is condemned under: she was nominally a Muslim and 'married' a Christian. That marriage never happened under the law, so having onbe child and being pregnant with another means she is automatically adulterous too.

Muslim men are permitted to marry women outside their faith.

Do you have anything to back this up? Are you suggesting this persecuted christian woman has ulterior motives to settle into a western country and become a terrorist muslim. Please!!! Don't be so ridiculous.

I've looked long and hard, even used mirrors and my children's activity books on codes, ciphers and secret writing, and I can't find where he said terrorist.

Some people like to gloss over the egregious behavior of a barbaric religion by pretending that all criticism of that religion alludes to terrorism. Most of it doesn't.

Edited by bcsapper

One work-mate of mine bought himself a wife from Egypt. Well, not in the strict sense bought but practically yes. Obviously he had to convert to islam too but that was no problem for him. He's always been a bit of a nutter.

Somebody needs to help her flee the country.

I would need to see what procedures Sudanese courts use to determine guilt or innocence before condemning the indigenous culture of an independent country or interfering with their internal affairs.

How does the UN not intervene when he entire "justice" system is a sham. It completely violates the International Human Rights Declaration.

The U.N. is correctly directing its focus to Israel since Israel's racist existence provokes this activity.

Interesting op, cybercoma.

there appears to be a rough hierarchy of oppression amongst the more extremist countries; with "apostate women" being roughly at the bottom of the acid pit.

Afghan MP Malalai Joya, who knows something of this hierarchy first-hand (her own startling political success notwithstanding) has had much to say on this matter.

But, cybercoma, I think she would also be wary of international intervention...unless, perhaps, it were to take local dissidents and peaceful rebels as the proper people with whom to negotiate and power-share.

And that's simply not the way we prefer to do business.

For example, she has spent her adult life battling both the Taliban and the Warlords; but she also knows full well that Afghans (and by extrapolation Sudan and others) simply cannot trust Western forces as exemplified by NATO.

As for the UN...they have been tools of the US/Canadian/French imperial ambitions in Haiti over the past decade--and explicitly so. It's not even concealed. So UN "intervention" has to be taken with a fat grain of salt, too.

Edited by bleeding heart

As for the UN...they have been tools of the US/Canadian/French imperial ambitions in Haiti over the past decade--and explicitly so. It's not even concealed. So UN "intervention" has to be taken with a fat grain of salt, too.

Imperial ambition? To rule... Haiti? :lol:

The only ambition anyone has for Haiti is for the place to disapear off the face of the earth.

Imperial ambition? To rule... Haiti? :lol:

The only ambition anyone has for Haiti is for the place to disapear off the face of the earth.

Exactly. But in this situation, it's very hard to blame "the west" for something, which is the ultimate goal.

Well, the noble leaders of the US/Canada/France collation disagree with you, Argus; they much preferred to join the rich Haitian elite, including remnants of the old Duvalier dynasty, in overthrowing the popularly-elected President and replacing him with a dictatorship more amenable to a preferred political and investment climate.

And Shady, your post is equally as non-responsive. If you have any insights to add, feel free.

I suppose if I had merely mentioned "France," and left out the glorious and benevolent "US and Canada," you two would have been nodding along sagely.

But your patriotic defensiveness interests me no more than any other intellectual and moral weaknesses.

Well, the noble leaders of the US/Canada/France collation disagree with you, Argus; they much preferred to join the rich Haitian elite, including remnants of the old Duvalier dynasty, in overthrowing the popularly-elected President and replacing him with a dictatorship more amenable to a preferred political and investment climate.

And Shady, your post is equally as non-responsive. If you have any insights to add, feel free.

I suppose if I had merely mentioned "France," and left out the glorious and benevolent "US and Canada," you two would have been nodding along sagely.

But your patriotic defensiveness interests me no more than any other intellectual and moral weaknesses.

No patriotic defensiveness is necessary. The perpetrators of this instance is the Sudanese government, and has zero to do with the west. It just goes to show the lengths at which your blame the west mentality will go to do just that. It's unbecoming.

What's unbecoming is your refusing to read posts before you respond to them.

I was answering a post about how useful a UN intervention might be...based on looking at specific cases of UN intervention.

As for "blame the West mentality"...again, you want a discussion about how "unbecoming" it is to criticize the behavior of my country and its allies.

So, yes, it's obviously all about patriotism...and its attendant weaknesses.

I note you don't answer the charges themselves....but choose rather to avoid them completely, and concentrate on my apparently baleful attitude.

Haiti and the Dominican Republic share one tiny island between themselves. The DR is relatively well-off by Latin-American standards when as Haiti is the worst country in the western hemisphere, at least many surveys have concluded so. satellite images of the island speak volumes, lush and green on one side and totally barren on the other. No need to say it really that the border is heavily patrolled.

No patriotic defensiveness is necessary. The perpetrators of this instance is the Sudanese government, and has zero to do with the west. It just goes to show the lengths at which your blame the west mentality will go to do just that. It's unbecoming.

Actually it's Israel's fault. They create the feeling of hopelessness and despair.

Lot of western countries making big bucks investing in Haiti, huh? :P

I'm not sure why people keep bringing the west into these discussions anyway.

Smallc the focusing away from the issue is done by people who are anti American and anti Israel. In their take on foreign policy there is selectivity and they ignore the actual practices that are arising in the world in the name of Islam and how such values are in direct conflict with Western values and not simply the US or Israel as nations or for that matter Jews because they choose to be a collective through a state or in this specific case, with the woman, Christian.

I know you asked that as a rhetorical question and are fully aware of the answer, but you know me, anything to remind the same silent people on this thread who seem to pop up to talk about the evil US, Israel or colonial West but never Sudan and other Islamic extremist behaviour in Syria,Nigeria, Iran, etc.

The selectivity and silence speaks for itself.

Sudan has been engaging in this kind of Islamic lawsince Numeiri seized powe in a military coups and now this current regime.

It would appear that South Sudan has separated, they are looking for more Christians to attack within their new borders.

I hate all fundamentalist extremist interpretations of religions equally. I would like these anti Americans or Israelis just once to criticize

this extremist fundamentalist approach to Islam just once and condemn it for what it is and admit it is ignored and treated with a different standard then when criticizing the US or Israel.

I can't wait for Iolo to clarify how this issue is not as a result of Islamic fundamentalism.