A Muslim immigrant's letter to South Vancouver MP Wai Young's

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fine. I get it. You're conservative. I can deduce as much from your posts. But, take away the references that seem to offend you and you would agree that my treatment has been unfair correct?

You're conservative???? That nails it right their, something else to blame harper, you are a troll and should be treated as such.

You're conservative???? That nails it right their, something else to blame harper, you are a troll and should be treated as such.

Yep, this is a total troll thread, probably by one of the many banned members, a few of which come to mind.

Just because someone doesn't like conservatives that does not make them a troll. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

But on something like this that can't be proved and all it is ,is hearsay. Sorry but that is trolling. I could easily start one ,ripping liberals and If I could not prove it I would be banned for about the 12th time.

But on something like this that can't be proved and all it is ,is hearsay. Sorry but that is trolling. I could easily start one ,ripping liberals and If I could not prove it I would be banned for about the 12th time.

This is not trolling unless the poster made it all up, along with his character. And frankly, it doesn't read that way to me. He's not agressive enough, argumentative enough or insulting enough. Nothing he says is outrageous or likely to provoke anger.

He's the one that compared his delay to Japanese internment.

I think that what has happened is similar to what happened to the Japanese during the Second World War, though on a much more humane scale. I am not comparing the internment of the Japanese during that time to my treatment. So please don't go off on that.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Guyser2

I think that what has happened is similar to what happened to the Japanese during the Second World War, though on a much more humane scale. I am not comparing the internment of the Japanese during that time to my treatment. So please don't go off on that. :rolleyes:

I think that what had happened is similar to the Jews during the Second World War. Though on a much more humane level. I am not comparing the concentration camps of the Jews during that time to my treatment.

It works with everything! LOL!

By the way, there are some really odd things about Obama's birth certificate, but I'm not saying that he isn't a citizen, so please don't go off on that.

I think that what had happened is similar to the Jews during the Second World War. Though on a much more humane level. I am not comparing the concentration camps of the Jews during that time to my treatment.

By the way, there are some really odd things about Obama's birth certificate, but I'm not saying that he isn't a citizen, so please don't go off on that.

Truth Detector, you just made my point for me. I did not compare my situation to the holocaust or something that drastic or tragic. I compared it to Japanese internment, which was far, far more humane, and on top of that I added that my situation is far more humane than Japanese internment. But I guess subtlety is not a strong suite when it comes to Harper supporters. Big surprise there.

The point I was trying to make was that the generalization of characteristics based on the actions of unaffiliated people is wrong. I am a Muslim. I have been told by immigration officials that my application is undergoing a "security background check." Fine. No problems with that. But, I think there should be some parameters, some accountability, some time line. It has been almost five years now. What is the hold up? What is the reason? Am I entitled to some kind of resolution? Please read the letter that I posted at the beginning of this thread. I would appreciate a little fairness on your part. Ok, you didn't like my invoking Japanese internment. The reason I did so was because it was relatively humane. On top of that, I've added the fact my case has been handled in a far more humane manner than Japanese internment. But, the basic characteristic of

a) generalizing a group of people based on actions of a few

b> impunity when it comes to dealing with such people due to biased public opinion

c) lack of concern for the individuals involved, the impact on their families etc.

The points above pertaining to my situation are all similar to the treatment and classification of Japanese during the Second World War in the U.S. but on a far more humane level. (I've bolded that for you "truth detector," so you don't miss it. I gather nuance is not a strong suite, but please try). You may disagree with me, but that does not make my case untenable.

I love how angered you are by my situation. As if I'm at fault! Have you bothered to read the letter i posted at the beginning of this thread? You are so quick to accuse others of lying, so quick to look down upon them, so quick to be "repulsed" by them because they dare to be forceful in making their case or use analogous situations that apply. I think that's a terrible way to live life. You should love your fellow human beings more and give the benefit of doubt to people. Don't assume someone is lying by default. Are you projecting? I am not a liar. Plus, think about it: What possible reason or motivation could I have for doing so on this thread? I just want to vent, to hear possible solutions that people may have to offer. Empathy means putting yourself in other people's shoes. Empathy and compassion are integral to spiritual maturity. I'm afraid you don't score high in either empathy or compassion from where I stand. I hope you never have to experience discrimination or being judged based on your ethnicity or creed, neither of which you have much control over. I wish you a happy life and peace.

Edited by hardworker786

Are you in Canada or the US now?

If in the US, what Canadian consulate? Embassy in Washington?

Have you had your interview yet?

Your sponsor is the one who should be writing your MP. Also get your sponsor to go to your MP's office in person.

Your MP's party affiliation also makes a difference.

Good luck!

WWWTT

I've been in Canada since 2009.

No. I have not had an interview yet.

My wife is the one who initiated the contact with Wai Young's office. I was accompanying her, and the letter posted at the beginning of the thread is in response to an email sent to my inbox.

My wife has been to the office in person. My anger was at the run around they were giving her.

Yes: I fully agree. I think party affiliation is a big factor, however much it may anger some people on this thread who are accusing me of being a troll.

I just melded two posts into one. Please look above for my response.

Edited by hardworker786

I was a U.S. citizen since 1999, and a resident since 1994. I had been in the U.S. about 15 years before I move to Canada. I was not born in the U.S. I was born in India.

So you're currently a US citizen? Do you hold citizenship in India still?

So you're currently a US citizen? Do you hold citizenship in India still?

I do not have Indian citizenship. I left India when I was 6 months old and grew up in England. The past tense in reference to my U.S. citizenship was a typo. I have a valid U.S. passport.

Edited by hardworker786

hmm. good question. i don't think so. i think its similar to the U.S. or Canada, as in you can apply for citizenship at some point in your life based on your birthright.

No, born in canada you are automatically a Canadian citizen.

Same as the US.

In some minor cases it can change but rare are those. (Diplomats children and the like)