This week in Islam

kimmy

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Do you think fatwas issued from Imams increases violence against those the fatwas are issued for?

Absolutely!  They’re terrible and vile proclamations by vile people speaking for a brand of religion that is hateful and goes against tenets such as free expression, religious freedom, which we should all hold dear.  

Just now, Goddess said:

Do you see the difference between saying:

"Rushdie should die for writing that book."

and

"I order you to go kill Rushdie. If you do, you get a guaranteed ticket to heaven where you can rape virgins for all eternity."

Both are vile. So is calling for the execution of gay people. 

38 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I don't think this guy has anywhere near the same political power and influence as the Ayatollah. What do you suppose the Ayatollah's in Iran do to gays?

Terrible things.  The Christian pastor, and many like him, can only dream of being able to do the terrible things to gay people that they can in many parts of the Muslim world.  (And some parts of the Christin world.)

Do you think that the rhetoric by the Christian pastor leads to more violence in America against gay people, despite not being state sanctioned?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2014 at 7:02 PM, waldo said:

shouldn't the thread title be changed to reflect something along the lines of "This week in Islamic extremism"? Just sayin.

What is learned about the Nigerian followers of Allah when one consults the Koran, Hadith and Sira?

Until we know that, we can't assume to know if Allah or the Prophet Mohammed would call the Nigerian's actions extreme or not.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, Aristides said:

One thing almost all Iranian immigrants have in common. They wanted to get the hell out of Iran.

Good point.  I’m not sure what the conspiracy is with them coming to America….  They come from a Muslim country, therefor want to kill Christians?  Fly planes into buildings?  

I don’t recall the same panic with people fleeing communist block countries. 

14 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Good point.  I’m not sure what the conspiracy is with them coming to America….  They come from a Muslim country, therefor want to kill Christians?  Fly planes into buildings?  

I don’t recall the same panic with people fleeing communist block countries. 

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

Quran 8:39