This week in Islam

kimmy

I note an arrest made but I don’t understand. If we are to accept and respect islam as a “thing”, then why not equally accept a fatwa from an ayatollah as an islam call and order?

We either have freedom of religion or we don’t. How can we cherry pick (like any religion does)?

On 4/30/2014 at 8:39 PM, kimmy said:

In Nigeria, Islamic extremists have kidnapped hundreds of school girls.

Apparently some of the girls are being taken into neighboring countries as brides for extremists. Others might end up becoming sex slaves as per Muslim tradition:

Meanwhile in Syria, Islamists are crucifying people.

And I know that there are people who'll say "yeah, well, Christians did the same kind of stuff in the dark ages, and Islam started 600 years behind Christianity, so they just need a little more time."

But you know, hundreds of years ago when Christian cultures were discovering how to be human, they didn't have the benefit of learning from a global community of more enlightened neighbors. They were figuring it out from scratch.

These dummies, on the other hand, stand on an island surrounded by more enlightened people, and shut their eyes to it. Worse, some of these countries, like Syria and Iran and Afghanistan, are places where more modern ideas used to be embraced, and Islamists said "these ideas of treating women and minorities like humans suck. We should go back to the old ways."

I honestly find it infuriating.

-k

islam Sucks ass.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

The quickest way to reveal that video of the nutty pastor as a radically false equivalency with the Iranian Fatwa is notice the protestors outside the church.

Try that in Iran.

The pastor should and likely will be charged for saying any such thing. You are 100% correct. The difference is that the fatwa was state approved by Iran. We don't throw homosexuals from rooftops with Revolutionary Guard assistance. They do...hang them from cranes...other horrors.

Wacky dude...the pastor. Baptists... Doubt he has a lot of followers. If you check their website, there is another fellow they call their pastor so it's uncertain if the nut-bar is a regular thing or a one-off.

15 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The quickest way to reveal that video of the nutty pastor's call to violence as a radically false equivalency with the Iranian Fatwa to murder enemies of Mohammed is notice the protestors outside the church.

Try that in Iran.

He's also not telling the faithful to go out and kill gays, which is what a fatwa does.

Hate-speech?  Definitely.

A Christian fatwa?  No.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Then there are all those murders in Nigeria.

Christians are 10 times more likely to murdered and 60 times more likely to abducted in Nigeria.

Guess who the perps are behind all that.

Islam is unique in that it claims to be the final word from God and that physical war against the unbeliever is required. Not only that, one can get a fast track to the best part of Heaven (Big Mo's table) by dying fighting in the name of God. Jihad. All one's sins are wiped away. This fellow that attacked Rushdie was likely on such a mission...no Hell for him if he died.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is unique in that it claims to be the final word from God and that physical war against the unbeliever is required. Not only that, one can get a fast track to the best part of Heaven (Big Mo's table) by dying fighting in the name of God. Jihad. All one's sins are wiped away. This fellow that attacked Rushdie was likely on such a mission...no Hell for him if he died.

Any religion that promises hell for the majority of women, just because they are women, unlimited de-flowering of virgins for men and a guaranteed ticket to heaven if they murder, is so obviously MAN-made, it's bizarre to me that it has so many adherents and even more bizarre - so many supporters amongst non-adherents.

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

Any religion that promises hell for the majority of women, just because they are women, unlimited de-flowering of virgins for men and a guaranteed ticket to heaven if they murder, is so obviously MAN-made, it's bizarre to me that it has so many adherents and even more bizarre - so many supporters amongst non-adherents.

Himmler fell in love with Islam and termed it "a warrior's religion". A religion that rewards the soldier for dying in 'holy war'??? Perfect! Thus his incorporation of the Jihadi terror types of the 1940s into the SS.

Some aspects of Islam in the West have been blunted by just being here, but if a majority situation was to occur...France 2.0...you know the tale.

I've been listening to Trudeau's paid media this morning. They're really worried. Apparently there have been many more Ukrainian immigrants than Afghani come to Canada lately.

The concern seems to be on all three cable channels. Like it was handed down from above. Apparently this is a horrific thing in Prog world.

They claim this is because the Taliban is holding up the process. It's almost like Muslims don't want their flock running to the West.

I'd say it's also because there are many Ukrainian Christians and their organizations in Canada assisting in the process. It's cultural. 

Justin's secretarial pool in his paid media doesn't like it. It's like, "An indigenous western culture?! Here in Canada?! Pfft, pshaw, phooey..."

Ukrainians are Christian, Western, and too many damned blondes. Can't have that.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Himmler fell in love with Islam and termed it "a warrior's religion". A religion that rewards the soldier for dying in 'holy war'??? Perfect! Thus his incorporation of the Jihadi terror types of the 1940s into the SS.

Some aspects of Islam in the West have been blunted by just being here, but if a majority situation was to occur...France 2.0...you know the tale.

France 2.0?

No more good wine? No more pomposity? Will the English still be able to make fun of 'em?

11 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

France 2.0?

No more good wine? No more pomposity? Will the English still be able to make fun of 'em?

Once mainstream Islam (Sunni or Shia) reaches a certain percentage of the population, it starts lobbying for preferred treatment. The greater that percentage is, the more it will demand. Once a threshold of about 10-20% occurs, open warfare against the unbeliever starts. Bombings etc. This has been repeated in countless countries/communities. Wherever Islam goes, trouble for the unbeliever eventually follows. France is just an example. No Charles Martel this time around.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

He's also not telling the faithful to go out and kill gays, which is what a fatwa does.

No, he just says they should be tried and executed. 

Do you think he might want the “faithful” to be part of that jury to convict them of being gay?  

So, what’s worse….  Calling for the death of 1 person, or calling for the death of thousands?

7 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

No, he just says they should be tried and executed. 

Do you think he might want the “faithful” to be part of that jury to convict them of being gay?  

So, what’s worse….  Calling for the death of 1 person, or calling for the death of thousands?

If you wanna believe that video is of a pastor issuing a Christian version of an Islamic fatwa and giving the go-ahead order for the faithful to "go forth and kill" gays.......knock yourself out.

47 minutes ago, Goddess said:

If you wanna believe that video is of a pastor issuing a Christian version of an Islamic fatwa and giving the go-ahead order for the faithful to "go forth and kill" gays.......knock yourself out.

Do you think ant-gay hate speech by religious leaders can lead to increased violence against gay people?

15 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think ant-gay hate speech by religious leaders can lead to increased violence against gay people?

If you wanna believe that video is a Christian fatwa, go right ahead.

The differences I see are:

Christians are waiting for Jesus to come and take care of wrongs in the world.

Muslims are told that God expects THEM to take care of wrongs in the world.

Nobody's heard of that pastor.  I doubt other than some in his congregation, nobody heard what he said - although thanks to you, we all now have.

An Islamic fatwa goes out to all the faithful worldwide.

The whole world knows Rushdie had a fatwa on him.  Any Muslim, anywhere in the world, had not just the authorization, but the duty.....to take him out.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

If you wanna believe that video is a Christian fatwa, go right ahead.

The differences I see are:

Christians are waiting for Jesus to come and take care of wrongs in the world.

Muslims are told that God expects THEM to take care of wrongs in the world.

Nobody's heard of that pastor.  I doubt other than some in his congregation, nobody heard what he said - although thanks to you, we all now have.

An Islamic fatwa goes out to all the faithful worldwide.

The whole world knows Rushdie had a fatwa on him.  Any Muslim, anywhere in the world, had not just the authorization, but the duty.....to take him out.

I know what a fatwa is.   What percent of Muslims do you think would be willing to kill Rushdie for the fatwa?

You avoided my question. 

Edited by TreeBeard