This week in Islam

kimmy

17 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I know, they could always lie.  But at least then they could be deported without appeal.  It could be written into the document they signed coming in.

Of course, barbaric cultural practices are not restricted to Islam.  It should be made clear to everyone that they won't be tolerated, for fear of going home on the next flight.

True...they are not restricted to Islam...but they generally don't torture and slaughter animals in order to appease their deity. Eid al-Adha...being an example in Islam.

For me...oddly enough...it's how one treats animals. I just adore most critters. Islam doesn't.

Christianity...as a concept...wins the prize for me as it says simply: Go and do thou likewise. Forget all the other BS that was added by the mortal coil types...Turn The Other Cheek...fer Christ's sake.

It was freakin' revolutionary. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

• 4 months later...

So France is warning its people to get out of Pakistan. Why? Because the nutty Muslims there are rioting - have been rioting for SIX MONTHS - because after another crazy Muslim beheaded a French schoolteacher for showing the cartoons of Muhamed to the class in the context of censorship France's prime minister dared to say that people have a right to see and show such cartoons in France.

And they're still rioting six months later.

It is worth noting Pakistan is one of Canada's primary source countries for immigrants, and that none of the prospective immigrants are questioned about their religious or cultural views and values. No one asks, for example "Do you think anyone who shows pictures of Mohamad should be killed." Because that would be rude.

France has urged all its citizens in Pakistan to leave the country temporarily amid violent anti-French protests across the country.

The country's embassy in Pakistan warned of "serious threats to French interests in Pakistan", saying protests were increasing nationwide.

Two police officers died this week in renewed clashes with protesters.

The protests were sparked months ago after France defended the right to show cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

In October last year, French President Emmanuel Macron strongly defended freedom of expression after the beheading of a teacher who showed such cartoons during a class discussion.

This prompted anger in parts of the Muslim worl

France urges citizens to leave Pakistan amid anti-French protests - BBC News

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Religious beliefs are some of the hardest to un-entrench and reform, as they are largely immune to logic and reason and have "God/Allah says" as their "proof".

Large numbers of people with strongly entrenched and harmful/violent religious beliefs are dangerous.  Add in large numbers of others who believe "To each his own" and they become deadly.

• Like 1

I'm not religious...but I do believe evil stalks the land waiting for its chance. What is evil? You know it when you see it, I think. You recoil in horror, perhaps. Or some other drastic emotion.

Certain religions are capable of that horror...as are certain cultures, I believe. Life is cheap to some. Very cheap...

On 4/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, DogOnPorch said:

I'm not religious...but I do believe evil stalks the land waiting for its chance. What is evil? You know it when you see it, I think. You recoil in horror, perhaps. Or some other drastic emotion.

Certain religions are capable of that horror...as are certain cultures, I believe. Life is cheap to some. Very cheap...

If your time scale is eternity in the magic kingdom, what happens on Earth is only important in how it effects your chances of getting there.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:53 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Islam does not believe in turning cheeks...if you were wondering. In fact, certain forms of homicide are permited.

1. To prevent fitnah.

2. To satisfy honor.

And this is why the US allies itself with the most extreme Islamists in the Arab World, who work against secular Arab states like Syria, which tries to keep religion of all types out of government. 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, Argus said:

So France is warning its people to get out of Pakistan. Why? Because the nutty Muslims there are rioting - have been rioting for SIX MONTHS - because after another crazy Muslim beheaded a French schoolteacher for showing the cartoons of Muhamed to the class in the context of censorship France's prime minister dared to say that people have a right to see and show such cartoons in France.

And they're still rioting six months later.

It is worth noting Pakistan is one of Canada's primary source countries for immigrants, and that none of the prospective immigrants are questioned about their religious or cultural views and values. No one asks, for example "Do you think anyone who shows pictures of Mohamad should be killed." Because that would be rude.

France has urged all its citizens in Pakistan to leave the country temporarily amid violent anti-French protests across the country.

The country's embassy in Pakistan warned of "serious threats to French interests in Pakistan", saying protests were increasing nationwide.

Two police officers died this week in renewed clashes with protesters.

The protests were sparked months ago after France defended the right to show cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

In October last year, French President Emmanuel Macron strongly defended freedom of expression after the beheading of a teacher who showed such cartoons during a class discussion.

This prompted anger in parts of the Muslim worl

France urges citizens to leave Pakistan amid anti-French protests - BBC News

Any chance France will get its military forces and corporate interests out of West Africa? Where these leeches haven't belonged for 300 years.

6 hours ago, Right To Left said:

And this is why the US allies itself with the most extreme Islamists in the Arab World, who work against secular Arab states like Syria, which tries to keep religion of all types out of government. 

That would be the Neocons and Neodems and their endless pursuit of war. You can pretend Trump is part of that if you must.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

That would be the Neocons and Neodems and their endless pursuit of war. You can pretend Trump is part of that if you must.

That would suggest Trump knew or cared about anything which didn't personal affect him, which of course, he doesn't and never has.

10 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Over recent decades, the Dems have tended to be more in favor of applying war as part of diplomacy than Republicans have. But then there's George W Bush!  If he was trying to end the wars he started in Afghanistan and Iraq, he failed. Good thing Barack came along to expand Bush's wars from two to seven! But Obama knew how to do fist bumps and mic drops at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner:

th?id=OIP.mhmd_v67VPWFW6LJWTVa0AHaFj%26p

So, all CNN and MSNBC could do was gush and swoon about how wonderful he was.......drone killer or not! It sure proved we live in an age of style over substance!

Anyway, Donald was supposed to end Barack's 7 wars, and he did seem to make a little bit of effort at it, BUT he hired murderous assholes like John Bolton, a first year cabinet stocked with ex-generals, and even the evil, despicable Elliot Abrams...whose apparent job was try to force through a bloody regime change in Venezuela....another place America has no business being in!  

And even the places Trump wanted to get US troops out of, like Afghanistan and Syria, Trump was so disconnected from what was going on that he wasn't even made aware of exactly how many US troops were in these and other nations. 

For example, the retiring US diplomat - James Jeffrey thought it was a big joke when he said openly during an interview that he and others lied to the president and laughed about how they kept moving troops around in Syria and no actual reductions in numbers were being done at all! It was just a game to fool the president! 

Deep State Diplomat Lied To Trump About Syria On Behalf Of Military-Industrial Complex

NOVEMBER 13, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

“We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” Jeffrey said in an interview.

While President Donald Trump announced late in 2018 that he would be withdrawing troops from Syria following the defeat of the Islamic State, Jeffrey, whose term ended on Sunday, and his team continually found reasons to prevent total removal from the region.

“What Syria withdrawal? There was never a Syria withdrawal,” Jeffrey said. “When the situation in northeast Syria had been fairly stable after we defeated ISIS, [Trump] was inclined to pull out. In each case, we then decided to come up with five better arguments for why we needed to stay, and we succeeded both times. That’s the story.”

A Tunisian migrant took exception to a French woman working for the police and murdered her the other day, while shouting the traditional greeting Muslim greeting for infidels "Allahu Akbar!" He's been rendered harmless and the French are questioning several of his colleagues.

Three questioned in terror probe after murder of French policewoman (yahoo.com)

• 2 months later...

Ayaan Hirsi Ali reminds us that not all Islamists use bombs and bullets to get their way, and that they're perfectly willing to cooperate - temporarily - with the woke crowd in order to grow their power base in the West.

In a cynical way, Islamists achieve far more through dawa than when they confine themselves to simply blowing things up and stabbing people to death. The threat is not as obvious. Jihad and the use of violence tend to provoke an immediate response. With dawa, on the other hand, it is possible to talk about charity, spirituality and religion — and then compare it to normal religious proselytising missions. In a free society, what reasonable person would take issue with that?

But dawa is also about building networks: local, regional and international. In The Call, Krithika Varagur revealed both the enormous global scale and opaque nature of these efforts. Saudi Arabia, in particular, has channelled billions of dollars into dawa — with much of it directed into the US.

In the West, these regimes are not given much thought, nor is the Islamist infrastructure in the United States. Nonetheless, Islamism is spreading within Western institutions, and it’s largely thanks to an unlikely alliance: dawa has recognised the alluring power of “woke”, and has started to adopt the language of civil rights and multiculturalism.

https://unherd.com/2021/07/why-islamism-became-woke/

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Ayaan Hirsi Ali reminds us that not all Islamists use bombs and bullets to get their way, and that they're perfectly willing to cooperate - temporarily - with the woke crowd in order to grow their power base in the West.

In a cynical way, Islamists achieve far more through dawa than when they confine themselves to simply blowing things up and stabbing people to death. The threat is not as obvious. Jihad and the use of violence tend to provoke an immediate response. With dawa, on the other hand, it is possible to talk about charity, spirituality and religion — and then compare it to normal religious proselytising missions. In a free society, what reasonable person would take issue with that?

But dawa is also about building networks: local, regional and international. In The Call, Krithika Varagur revealed both the enormous global scale and opaque nature of these efforts. Saudi Arabia, in particular, has channelled billions of dollars into dawa — with much of it directed into the US.

In the West, these regimes are not given much thought, nor is the Islamist infrastructure in the United States. Nonetheless, Islamism is spreading within Western institutions, and it’s largely thanks to an unlikely alliance: dawa has recognised the alluring power of “woke”, and has started to adopt the language of civil rights and multiculturalism.

https://unherd.com/2021/07/why-islamism-became-woke/

Meanwhile, Linda Sarsour, a feminist organiser and co-chair of the “Women’s March”, has made her support for Islamism more explicit: “You’ll know when you’re living under Shariah law if suddenly all your loans and credit cards become interest-free. Sounds nice, doesn’t it?”

This woman is obviously not the brainless, drooling moron this comment indicates she is, so it does appear to confim exactly what Hirsi Ali is saying.

Edited by bcsapper

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, Goddess said:

Religious beliefs are some of the hardest to un-entrench and reform, as they are largely immune to logic and reason and have "God/Allah says" as their "proof".

Large numbers of people with strongly entrenched and harmful/violent religious beliefs are dangerous.  Add in large numbers of others who believe "To each his own" and they become deadly.

This is true. Religion & religious folks tend to walk through life with blinders on. But not all religious folks are like this. There are religious people out there who need more than faith, more than what a book says, more than what mom and dad taught.

Time has a funny way of changing how we see things (E.g : We no longer pray in schools). Not to date myself, but when I was going to school we used to sing the national anthem & say the Lords Prayer every day. I think I was in grade 7 or 8 when they stopped playing the Lords Prayer over the intercom.

I still remember the uproar. LMAO. *Deep Sigh* Good times.

For a person to believe in any god, without proof of his goodness, would not be the best thinking or choice.

It would kill the ability to chose another who might be better.

Goodness is the foundation of godliness. Yahweh is demonstrably evil, yet has a large following who never dare discuss morals and resort to inquisition and jihad type of insults to their brighter, non-supernatural god brethren.

If being a decent citizen was based on the desires of destroying the majority who are not like them, real life would be hell, as many would not be able to stop the antics of the young who kill. The young know that we love war and too many oblige, even as the numbers are better than ever.

Yet we thing those who pray for Armageddon are good decent people.

I say to hell with all who want to end my life just for thinking in a more moral way than  my poor delusional brethren.

I say that because, as an idol worshiper, you have given up your free will. 

You have damned yourself to hell, by doing such a harm to your mind, --- and running away from facing the morals that have you using inquisition and jihad tactics for mind control.

Bishop Spong foretold that the savior belief, because of all it's immoral tenets would be what kills Christianity as a whole.

He was wrong. It will kill all religions that respect that and that is most of them, be they have a supernatural god or not.

I invite Jesus believers to argue.

If there is goodness in you or your genocidal god, then come and explain why he always kills, when Jesus, alias Yahweh of The Terrible Trinity shame, come and learn the evil you adore and why your religion had to grow with murder, as your ancients as well as yourself, if you could, were to morally corrupt to convert with love.

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ayaan Hirsi Ali points out what most conservatives already know. The biggest allies of Islamism in the west are the progressives. They're also the biggest obstacle to reforming and modernizing Islam. 

Part of this defeatism has been dominant since I fled Somalia as a teenager. Islamism, in essence, is a political philosophy, one that is rooted in jihad but seeks to describe how society should be run. It is more than an irrational and violent ideology: it is an attack on liberalism itself.

But for the past three decades, the West’s response has been one of cowardice masked by arrogance. We needn’t fight back; it’s much better, we’re told, to stay quiet in the hope that, one day, those who hold competing ideologies will come through and see things from our side. Evidently, it is not working.

More concerning, though, is the rise of a new type of defeatism — this time disguised as a progressive form of self-flagellation. Imagine you are a young British Muslim. At school and university, you’re repeatedly warned about Britain’s colonial roots; that the country your parents fled to, in the hope of escaping persecution and anarchy, is the cause of it all. And then you’re told: don’t worry, it’s not your fault. You are merely a victim; evil white people are all to blame.

This dispiriting approach to education, which has taken hold on both sides of the Atlantic, is often justified using the rhetoric of “equality” and “diversity”. In practice, however, I suspect it is more helpful to view it in the context of something called “dawa”. In Arabic, the term simply denotes a centuries-old, non-violent call to Islam — though in practice, it has become a tool used by Islamists to encourage Muslims to embrace their extreme ideology and disavow the West. More often than not, this is achieved by branding Western society as ungodly and sinful, as something that needs to be either reformed or destroyed. In other words, you have two choices: either come and join us, or we’ll need to wage a holy war.

https://unherd.com/2021/10/progressives-are-a-gift-to-islamism/

50 minutes ago, Argus said:

The biggest allies of Islamism in the west are the progressives.

Correct, because the conservative right wings of religions and governments are basically the same fascist people who foolishly believe in a real supernatural realm and God. 

Hating the dreaded, --- other gods---, is what makes all the various denominations in the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Muslim and Jewish, etc., all want to use inquisitions and jihads on each other.

If it was not for the left wings of politics and religions, along with the gains of secularism and modernization, the right wings would have us all at at war.

The liberal West had to bring Christianity to heel, and we and the rest of the world seem to be bringing it's evil twin, Islam, to heel as well.

We should still fight against our vile mainstream religious and political right wings, --- who do not believe in equality, --- even as we thank the left wings for dragging us all morally forwards, where gays and women, and their souls, are not valued less than a man's.

Regards

DL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, French Patriot said:

The liberal West had to bring Christianity to heel, and we and the rest of the world seem to be bringing it's evil twin, Islam, to heel as well.

Really? We seem to be? What are the indications of this. Because I think Ayaan Hirsi Ali follows this sort of things more closely than you do and seems unconvinced.

Edited by Argus

On 10/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Argus said:

Really? We seem to be? What are the indications of this. Because I think Ayaan Hirsi Ali follows this sort of things more closely than you do and seems unconvinced.

Islam will be subject to modernization and civilized behavior towards women and gays.

The stats are clear.

They are as obtuse as all supernatural believers are.

They cannot afford to live in a mental fantasy land while the rest of the world lives in reality.

Check the gains and wedge that Laïcité brought France.

That does not mean that those you mentioned, who are on our, side are downplaying the remaining putrid religious ethic perpetrated against better more moral secular communities.

All they have ever had to use are inquisitions and jihads, even the lower key homophobia and misogyny.

Regards

DL. 

Edited by French Patriot

• 9 months later...

Well it looks like Rushdie has come close with numerous stab wounds.

Anyone who allows, respects and accepts the death cult islam in western society must also accept and embrace the ayatollah’s fatwa and the cash reward.

islam must be irradicated. 

4 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Anyone who allows, respects and accepts the death cult islam in western society must also accept and embrace the ayatollah’s fatwa and the cash reward.

I guess the fatwa is still in effect.

6 hours ago, RedDog said:

Do you hold the same for violence by Christians?