This week in Islam

kimmy

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

Not exactly, no — just an explanation. I thought that's what you wanted. Or were you just looking to argue?

No, I already had an explanation.  Some religious people think that their religion ought to apply to people other than themselves.  I was just curious as to your view of that position.

13 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Sure in most situations, but I don't think it is a women's rights issue over here

Sounds awfully hypocritical, to say the least.

13 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

I don't see any religious requirement for wearing them.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/11774/ruling-on-covering-the-face-with-detailed-evidence

12 hours ago, bcsapper said:

No, I already had an explanation.

Then what on earth are you asking me for? If a heart surgeon explained to you why you should have them operate on your 2-year-old, would you after that ask me why you should do that?

12 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

But her neighbours what?

I don't know. I was half expecting excuses about how they don't do this and that and therefore she doesn't think it part of Islam. Aren't they the authority on what Islam is and is not?

Edited by Marocc

As to this:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/11774/ruling-on-covering-the-face-with-detailed-evidence

I was talking full, masked, burkas and that's a pretty confusing translation.

This one's better:

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms [in public] beyond what may [decently] be apparent thereof; hence, let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms. 

I don't see why that has to be a demand for a full, masked burka. A girl could zip up a hoody and meet those criteria.

But if they don't want to go Western and still want to meet the confines of that particular verse there are other options:

http://thehijabstore2u.com/product/abaya-dubai-7/

They don't need a mask.

Speaking of hypocrisy though why are some Muslims demanding flexibility when somebody mentions say Surah 9.5 but wanting a rigid acceptance of the female dress restrictions verse as they choose to translate it.

4 hours ago, Marocc said:

Then what on earth are you asking me for? If a heart surgeon explained to you why you should have them operate on your 2-year-old, would you after that ask me why you should do that?

The heart surgeon wouldn't invoke supernatural beings and talk utter nonsense.  If she did, I wouldn't have them go within a mile of my child.

I didn't say the explanation I had was a satisfying one.  It's just an explanation.  I'm sure the idiot who murdered the teacher in France could explain why he did it.  It would still be nonsense.

I was just curious as to your views of the Iranian restrictions on women's dress.

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

I don't know. I was half expecting excuses about how they don't do this and that and therefore she doesn't think it part of Islam. Aren't they the authority on what Islam is and is not?

I'm guessing you are talking about me?  Anyway, my neighbor wears hijab and abaya when out of the house.  My sister wears abayas,  pants, skirts, and tops depending on her mood or whatever, and does not cover her hair, unless she goes to a Mosque.  They both consider themselves Muslim. 

Perhaps, like DoP, you feel justified in declaring who is or isn't Muslim, based on your own beliefs about what Islam teaches.  But like any religion, Islam is full of stuff that can be intrepreted different ways.  So, while the killer in France and DoP believe that death to non-believers is the only Islamic option, neither my sister, my neighbor or their husbands believe either forcing Islam on people or murder is an option for Muslims. 

That's three lifelong Muslims, all raised in Muslim countries (and one Western convert) who believe Islam really does teach peacefulness and tolerance and who have different views on appropriate female dress.  

Point being, Muslims are not a monolithic group who all believe and act exactly the same.  

Edited by dialamah

So the "Muslim world" is up in arms yet again (are they ever not?). This time over French president Macron talking about how he's going to deal with foreign influence on France's Muslims and attack Islamists. It's worth noting that much of the Muslim world has spent the last year licking the feet of China's leader and praising him for his human rights record while ignoring that he's put a million Muslims into concentration camps to get them to abandon Islam.

Turkey's would-be new Sultan has led the charge, as he's hoping to take up the mantle of great defender of Islam. He's certainly well on his way to establishing an Islamic state given he's destroyed all democratic freedoms in his country and thrown tens of thousands into prison and murdered hundreds of people. Now Muslims in places like Jordan and Egypt and Syria are boycotting French goods and making threats against France and Frenchmen, and no doubt soon there'll be more Muslim terrorism in France. Which, it seems to me, is just going to further harden France towards Islam and Muslims.

I wonder if there will ever be a respectable Muslim government during my lifetime. I mean, there's fifty of them. You'd think one or two might be democratic, care a little about human rights, be competent and honest. But so far in the history of the world, nope. Every Muslim country continues to be bastions of intolerance, violence, and governmental corruption.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20201028-turkey-blasts-charlie-hebdo-s-immoral-caricature-of-erdogan

• Like 2

A high court ruling in Pakistan has accepted that Sharia law allows a 43 year old man to abduct, rape, marry and forcbly convert a 14 year old Christian girl. Note, forced conversion to Islam is not illegal in Pakistan.

https://www.eternitynews.com.au/opinion/pakistan-court-validates-forced-conversion-marriage-of-christian-girl/

A reminder that Pakistan is one of Canada's main immigration source countries, and that we do not do interviews or perform any other action to screen potential immigrants for their social or cultural values, views, bigotry or intolerance.

Edit: This was actually a different case. I had been thinking it was this one, which I had just read about elsewhere about a 13 year old Christian girl who suffered the same fate. I guess this sort of thing is quite common in Pakistan.

Edited by Argus

6 hours ago, Argus said:

A high court ruling in Pakistan has accepted that Sharia law allows a 43 year old man to abduct, rape, marry and forcbly convert a 14 year old Christian girl. Note, forced conversion to Islam is not illegal in Pakistan.

https://www.eternitynews.com.au/opinion/pakistan-court-validates-forced-conversion-marriage-of-christian-girl/

A reminder that Pakistan is one of Canada's main immigration source countries, and that we do not do interviews or perform any other action to screen potential immigrants for their social or cultural values, views, bigotry or intolerance.

Edit: This was actually a different case. I had been thinking it was this one, which I had just read about elsewhere about a 13 year old Christian girl who suffered the same fate. I guess this sort of thing is quite common in Pakistan.

Pakistan was just re-elected to the UN Human Rights Council, too.

Are there two Pakistans? 

Of course, China is on there too.  Maybe it's the Bizarro Human Rights Council.

Edited by bcsapper

Another little item from Pakistan, one of Canada's main source countries for immigrants. And a reminder that Canada does no screening for immigrants' values, views, beliefs or thoughts on things like uh, beheading those who insult the prophet. This is from a school in Islamabad, the Capital of Pakistan, not some rural shithole. Little children are being taught to behead those who insult the prophet, including Samuel Paty.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

So this is the kind of guy who gets to come live in Canada when you don't do any screening.

A Jewish propaganda source posts someone saying something mean. Is that really the worst insult you've heard? You are a sensitive crowed — in contradiction to the insults you spit while you speak.

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Hahaha, pot, meet kettle.  He describes himself perfectly.

So you agree.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

Another little item from Pakistan, one of Canada's main source countries for immigrants. And a reminder that Canada does no screening for immigrants' values, views, beliefs or thoughts on things like uh, beheading those who insult the prophet. This is from a school in Islamabad, the Capital of Pakistan, not some rural shithole. Little children are being taught to behead those who insult the prophet, including Samuel Paty.

It's not like you could become less tolerant, lolol, right?

This forum, I hope, is not the representation of Canadians as a nation. If it was, it would be doomed as one of the stupidest nations in existence. There are no words for the idiocy present here — for the dogmatism, racism, intolerance, arrogance, pride, vanity, pretentiousness and malevolence that just oozes out of the posters, like puss from a nasty infection, when they open their  soiled mouths.

Edited by Marocc

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

This forum, I hope, is not the representation of Canadians as a nation. If it was, it would be doomed as one of the stupidest nations in existence. There are no words for the idiocy present here — for the dogmatism, racism, intolerance, arrogance, pride, vanity, pretentiousness and malevolence that just oozes out of the posters, like puss from a nasty infection, when they open their  soiled mouths.

The posters here are not representative of all Canadians.  Most Canadians are more tolerant and accepting than Argus, DogonPorch, Infidel Dog, Scribblet, Betsy or you.

No non-Muslim Canadian is going to support the death penalty for pictures of your prophet, or for blashemy, or for being gay.  Most Muslim-Canadians will not, either.

You play games with words, hiding behind the Koran, but you seem to be one of those Muslims who have so little regard for non-Muslim lives that death to non-believers is acceptable for cartoons you disapprove of. 

Given your support for beheading of a teacher, I'd say you have no room to accuse others of intolerance; in fact, I've never seen any of those people support murdering Muslims - only that they do not come to Canada because such extremism and intolerance is not welcome. 

6 hours ago, Marocc said:

A Jewish propaganda source posts someone saying something mean. Is that really the worst insult you've heard? You are a sensitive crowed — in contradiction to the insults you spit while you speak.

Oh yeah, it's all the Jews' fault, right? This is the same clown who wants to kill atheists. The same clown who said wishing someone merry Christmas was worse than murder. Why do we let vermin like this stay in our country?

“If a person were to commit every major sin — committing adultery, dealing with interest, lying, murder … If a person were to do all of those major sins, they are nothing compared to the sin of congratulating and greeting the non-Muslims on their false festivals,” the man says.

Clearly he's YOUR kind of Muslim.

https://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/video-calling-christmas-a-false-festival-viewed-globally-1.23578412

https://www.bnaibrith.ca/b_c_imam_calls_for_elimination_of_atheists_victory_for_jihad

• Like 1

This forum, I hope, is not the representation of Canadians as a nation.

It is! So you should LEAVE! Go live in one of those Muslim shitholes around the world. There are certainly enough of of them. Over fifty Muslim majority states and every one a shithole of ignorance, poverty, backwardness and violence. Even the ones which have money - due to oil found by westerners, developed by westerners, and produced by westerners, are still brutal tyranical shitholes.

Because that seems all your cult seems capable of creating.

• Like 1

You are simply a vile representative of your religion.  One who feels they have the right to control the behaviour of someone other than themselves, even unto committing violence to ensure they do.  You are the same as the Imam. A Cursed, Evil-Spirited, Filthy Excuse for a Human-Being. 

Not to worry.  You can still come on here and be reviled.