This week in Islam

kimmy

From Tarek Fatah at the Toronto Sun:

The fear of many Muslims that the mixing of state and religion would cause irreparable damage to our society, and that the loudspeaker had absolutely nothing to do with Islam, fell on deaf ears. We Muslims who stood up to some of the medievalists within our ranks found ourselves being labelled as ‘Islamophobes’ by the country’s left-liberal and even conservative political establishments.

We didn’t have to wait too long for our worst fears to be realized.

On May 16, one Firas Al Najim gave his own call to prayer using a loudspeaker in the parking lot of the Jaffari Islamic Centre in the City of Vaughan, where he promoted the views of the Iraqi cleric Ayatollah al-Sistani and then launched into tirade against “Zionists.”

Al Najim claimed that at the Jaffari Islamic Centre, “the majority of the followers, they follow (Ayatollah) Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani.” Quoting the Ayatollah, Al Najim proclaimed: “It is illegal, it is forbidden for any Muslim … to do any business transaction with any Zionist business.”

Firas Al Najim didn’t stop there. He basically asked for the end of the State of Israel, claiming: “The holy land of Muslims, Christians and Jews has been occupied for over 72 years … We need to stand with the Palestinian people. We need to be firm and we need to talk to our MPs, talk to the government officials, the prime minister over and over again.”

This is what Muslims who have fled the tyranny of Islamic regimes such as Iran and Pakistan had feared. And it happened sooner than anyone expected: the use of megaphones around mosques to spread hatred and to do so under the protection of city by-laws rushed through by a scared bunch of politicians worried that they might be slurred by the obnoxious word Islamophobia that is simply a sword of Damocles hanging over the head of anyone who dare critique the actions of certain Muslims or their clergy.

The Jaffari Centre reacted through its Vice President Shafiq Ebrahim, who instead of denouncing the message of hate mixed with the call to prayer, stated: “We do not know the individual who recorded himself on our premises.”

That claim, however, does not appear to be true...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/fatah-islamic-call-to-prayer-turns-ugly

Islam is very much a religion based on intolerance towards others. Towards women, towards other religions, towards gays and lesbians, towards anyone not like them. Given it was created by a murderous medieval Arab prince, that's hardly surprising.

Arab Prince?

Where did that come from?

Before Mohammed was a self-appointed prophet he was a  caravan trader. He got the trader gig (moving up from caravan worker) through his uncle.  His uncle (who was his guardian as Mohammed was an orphan) knew a rich old heiress, 2-time widow. She outfitted caravans. She hired Mohammed to trade her caravan goods and Mohammed later married her.

You got the murderous part right though.

Edited by Infidel Dog

11 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Arab Prince?

Before Mohammed was a self-appointed prophet he was a  caravan trader. He got the trader gig (moving up from caravan worker) through his uncle.  His uncle (who was his guardian as Mohammed was an orphan) knew a rich old heiress, 2-time widow. She outfitted caravans. She hired Mohammed to trade her caravan goods and Mohammed later married her.

You got the murderous part right though.

And like every abusive, narcissistic man before him and after him - he was fine with powerful, competent, independent women.  Until he "got" them and married them - then he had to devalue and discredit them.

Almost all his pronouncements against women were in response to issues he had with his wives.

"Mohammed,  this decision you are making is not in the best interests of the family business."

"Oh yeah?   Well, God told ME that you only have half a brain."

"Mohammed, I'm sick of picking up your underwear - put it in the laundry."

"Oh yeah?  Well, God told ME that you have to cover your face if you want to leave the tent."

13 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Arab Prince?

Warlord, then. Princely titles came and went a lot back then depending on what conquerors wanted to call themselves. I suppose his ambition was even greater than calling himself a prince, as he said he was a prophet of God instead and then proceeded to murder everyone who disagreed.

Small wonder what sort of religion that inspired.

Girl, 13, is ‘beheaded by her father while she slept in Iranian honour killing’

A 13-year-old Iranian girl has been beheaded in an honour killing by her father while she was sleeping, local media have claimed. 

Romina Ashrafi was killed with a farming sickle in her family home in Hovigh, Talesh county, as a form of 'punishment', reports said. 

She had planned to run away with an older man she had fallen in love with, Iran International TV said. 

The teenage girl initially fled the family home with 34-year-old Bahamn Khavari after her father expressed outrage at their plans to get married. 

But both of their families contacted authorities, leading security forces to conduct a five-day hunt before detaining the couple and taking Romina home. 

Local media reported that although Romina told authorities she would be in danger at home and feared for her life, they handed her back as required by Islamic Republic laws. 

[cut]

Romina's father will escape the death penalty because he was Romina's 'guardian', and Islamic Penal Code means he is exempt from 'qisas', or 'retaliation in kind', Al Arabiya reported.

Sharia law says that only 'blood owners' - immediate family members - are allowed to demand execution for the murder of a relative.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8361083/Girl-13-beheaded-father-slept-Iranian-honour-killing.html

The article goes on to claim the president of Iran wants to push for harsher laws in honour killings but I suspect that's just talk. It's a theocracy that likes its Sharia law. Maybe though. Who knows. Iran is so many different kinds of wacky who knows which end is up over there.

• 4 weeks later...

Tell me, is anyone surprised? When you heard about riots in a German town, did anyone have this strange notion that perhaps the rioters weren't exactly, well... Germans?

Looters chant 'Allahu Akbar' during Stuttgart's worst ever riots that turned the city into 'a battlefield' - as police reveal those involved were 'mainly young people with a migration background'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8446441/Rioters-turned-Stuttgart-battlefield-chanted-Allahu-Akbar.html

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You need to quit your day job.

1. I never said comedy was my day job.

2. 10 months ago is a long time.

3. Discussion on this topic requires precision and seriousness, or it won't work.

4. If you are paying attention, I am well aware of this statement by lead liberals, and in fact have started a whole thread supporting it.

On 7/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I never said comedy was my day job.

2. 10 months ago is a long time.

3. Discussion on this topic requires precision and seriousness, or it won't work.

4. If you are paying attention, I am well aware of this statement by lead liberals, and in fact have started a whole thread supporting it.

1. I see. That makes a lot of sense, judging by your sense of humour around here.

2. It's just taken that long for it to come to the forefront of the argument. Or else I guess that makes me a great visionary, then.

3. This is entirely not on topic. Too bad. But I see you try to contend with the same or similar issues elsewhere. Good luck in your most heroic and noble effort to defend these things.

4.For some reason I only remember you dissing Jerry Seinfeld's comedy as sub-par.

Thanks,

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see we've been giving Islam a pass...must have become peaceful while the Presidential race is on. Well...not really.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/07/france-muslims-purposefully-hit-23-yeaqr-old-woman-with-car-drag-her-800-meters-to-her-death

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/09/france-muslim-migrants-kill-man-try-to-slit-his-throat-local-media-explains-that-alcohol-can-drive-you-crazy

Their excuses? Ignorance that one has a woman stuck in one's wheel-well after running her and her dog over...and too much booze. Well then, nothing to see here...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

the Muslim haters are still going off to France & Iran for their evidence that this religion is inhuman.

This is what I have been talking about the absolute refusal for people in the west to reflect on their own culture and themselves.  That should be your #1 job generally in life, improving yourself and your community.  NOT finding stories in Iran to justify your hate of foreigners.

Guilherme 'William' Von Neutegem, 34, is accused of stabbing 58-year-old Mohamed-Aslim Zafis outside mosque, followed a hate group online

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mosque-stabbing-suspect-1.5732078

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

the Muslim haters are still going off to France & Iran for their evidence that this religion is inhuman.

You're free to paint Islam with any brush you'd like. 

Describe for me if you can the things you admire most about this particular religion. Or can you?

I think you can NOT.

• Like 1

It's easy enough to check. Even Google can't hide it if you do an image search. There's tons of pictures of Axelle Dorier, the woman who was hit, with links to articles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Axelle+Dorier&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQwK6ji4DsAhVIgp4KHTd0DhAQ_AUoAXoECA8QAw&biw=1440&bih=761

There doesn't seem to be a lot of mainstream English interest in the story but according to what appears to be smaller French media and translated media there doesn't appear to be much doubt a woman was walking her dog when she got hit and dragged.

There seems to be debate on the how the events happened and I think somebody on Twitter may have posted a fake photo of the supposed perp.

And as if these multiple tragedies were not enough, the death of Axelle Dorier has been added to the list of martyrs of this very sad summer in France. Aged 23, the caregiver died in Lyon, after being struck by the car of her immigrant attackers and then dragged on the ground under the vehicle for more than 800 meters.

Shocked by the incredible violence of the murder of the young woman who had simply been out walking a dog, many Internet users have flooded social networks to hold the attackers to account when the media tried to hide their identity.

Shortly after Dorier’s death, a hashtag emerged on Twitter: #On veut les noms [We want names]. The names have since been released. They are: “Youcef T and Mohamed Y”. Galvanized by this revelation which has confirmed the suspicion of an immigrant involvement, press releases and hashtags have multiplied: #Justice pour Axelle  and #La racaille tue. Translated, the latter means “scum kills”. The term “scum” is being used in France to circumvent ethnic or religious descriptions such as Arab, African or Muslim.

In the political sphere, the anger of Internet users has met with a certain echo among conservatives. Jean Messiha, member of the National Rally, said in a Twitter statement, attaching a photo of the deceased to his text: “Here is the face of Axelle Dorier, caregiver and girl from France, overturned, dragged over 800m and torn to pieces. The French have the right to know who are the bastards who did that! #WeWantNames!”

https://freewestmedia.com/2020/07/23/will-the-death-of-axelle-dorier-in-france-ignite-the-identity-powder-keg/

They say this is Axelle:

EdZOVZmXYAAj-Nt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why not?  There are extremists in Islam, as you well know.  Why would you automatically assume this isn't true?  At least you should provide some contradictory evidence.

It's actually for Robert Spencer there to provide evidence. I looked it up. Two sources 1. Robert Spencer 2. Never heard. If the woman was dragged a km and got her hand ripped off, I would have found an article or two more.

19 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

It's easy enough to check. Even Google can't hide it if you do an image search. There's tons of pictures of Axelle Dorier, the woman who was hit, with links to articles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Axelle+Dorier&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQwK6ji4DsAhVIgp4KHTd0DhAQ_AUoAXoECA8QAw&biw=1440&bih=761

There doesn't seem to be a lot of mainstream English interest in the story but according to what appears to be smaller French media and translated media there doesn't appear to be much doubt a woman was walking her dog when she got hit and dragged.

There seems to be debate on the how the events happened and I think somebody on Twitter may have posted a fake photo of the supposed perp.

A woman existed? How could it be?!

10 minutes ago, Marocc said:

A woman existed? How could it be?!

Yes she was hit and dragged 800 metres by a group in a vehicle - one of them named Mohammed. That much does not appear to be under dispute.

I'm not going to spend the rest of the day translating articles to get the sourced details though.

Unless, of course you want to continue being snotty. In which case get used to idea you'll be hearing every nitty gritty little detail

Edited by Infidel Dog

Here ya go, Marocc. I had a little time so I found one, ran it through Google translate and it will give you a better idea of what actually happened. (And yes, she was dismembered.")

According to Le Progrès, around 3:40 a.m., in the 5th arrondissement of Lyon, rue de l'Antiquaille, near the Parc des Hauteurs, a group of four young women, leaving a party, would have hit the dog in the car. a participant of the evening, causing heated altercations. Axelle Dorier, a 23-year-old nurse who is also taking part in the party, steps in and faces another car, a Golf which follows the young women. The driver of the Volkswagen, cornered and a priori confused, sets off with a bang and knocks down the young woman, then drags her for nearly 800 meters. The firefighters arrive shortly after this horrific scene, and can only report the death, the victim having been dismembered. The driver then fled.

Suspects deny intentionality
A few hours later. Several young people went to the police station, claiming to be the cause of the accident. The first elements of the investigation do not allow us to draw a general lesson from the situation. Did the driver intentionally hit the young woman? If this is not the case, 800 meters to drag someone under his chassis is still quite excessive ... Under the influence of emotion, did he realize it?

Loading ...
The level of consciousness of the alleged culprits remains to be determined. The driver's and passenger's blood alcohol tests came back negative. This Monday evening, the driver, 21, was remanded in custody and indicted for willful violence with a weapon (the vehicle) which resulted in death as well as hit and run. One of the passengers, aged 19, was indicted for failing to assist a person in danger and placed under judicial supervision. A third person, initially placed in police custody, was exonerated.

The driver explained "having panicked and wanted to leave the scene, while a young girl was positioned in front of his vehicle," detailed the prosecution. He admitted to hitting the young woman but claims he did not realize that she got stuck in the vehicle.

According to our information, the district in which this dark affair took place is not a so-called “popular” district, nor a district where delinquency reigns. Nonetheless, this new footage is testament to the enslavement of French society, where the death of a 23-year-old nurse is completely trivialized.

#WantNames
On the web, Internet users were quick to react. Shocked by this tragedy, many called for the identities of the alleged culprits to be revealed. The hashtag #OnVeutLesNoms flourished on Twitter, as did #JusticepourAxelle and #LaRacailleTue. These positions illustrate the fed up with part of the population, which continues to see some of their fellow citizens disappear horribly. This Tuesday, July 21, we learn a little more about these defendants: LyonMag, informed by sources close to the case, indicates their first names. The driver would be called Youcef T. and his passenger Mohamed Y .. In addition, LyonMag announces a second piece of information concerning one of the accused, Youssef T. According to the local newspaper, he was driving when his driving license had been previously canceled.

https://www.europe-israel.org/2020/07/axelle-dorier-morte-apres-avoir-ete-trainee-pendant-800-metres-a-lyon-le-conducteur-sappellerait-youcef-t-et-son-passager-mohamed-y/