This week in Islam

kimmy

Canada apparently had another terrorist attack last week, though I suspect it will get little publicity.

A Pakistani immigrant has now been charged with murder and terrorist activity in the death of a woman he killed in a brutal hammer attack in Toronto on Friday.

https://nationalpost.com/news/toronto/toronto-man-faces-terrorism-charge-after-allegedly-killing-woman-on-street-with-hammer

Edited by Argus

On 2/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, Marocc said:

Macron fearing Islam. Wants to supervise Muslims more.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200219-macron-unveils-curbs-on-foreign-imams-in-france-in-bid-to-combat-separatism

"Macron said he plans to end a programme created in 1977 that allowed nine countries to send imams and teachers to France to provide foreign language and culture classes without any supervision from French authorities."

About time he woke up.    Austria has also been closing mosques and kicking out Imams, wonder why.

3 hours ago, Marocc said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/islamophobia-british-muslims-brexit-hate-crimes-boris-johnson-a9356531.html

Here it says islamophobia and attacks against minorities have increased significantly in UK and that many Muslims are leaving UK to live somewhere safer.

I don't know where you get the idea that any people are immune from backlash when members of their group continue to act violently, but that's never been the case throughout human history. Muslims in the UK have acted abominably, and no one can make a case for them having contributed anything so far during their stay but violence and civil strife. Few of them work, and those who do don't earn much, which means they're not paying taxes. They have not integrated, not adapted to British ways, and have turned areas into mini Muslim states. They have many religious extremists who unreservedly and publicly declare their hatred for non-Muslims and their desire for sharia, and there are constant terrorist attacks in the name of Islam.

Why in God's name (pun intended) would the British people like Muslims?

7 hours ago, Marocc said:

Which is suppodly useful because it gets him a sentence of at least 25 years without having to prove it was planned.

(I don't believe in long jail sentences.)

You believe in decapitation instead, right?

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

@Charles Anthony I do not understand why you'd let this type of garbage comment remain on this forum.   

What's wrong with it? Decapitation is a standard punishment in many Muslim states for severe crimes. Also, you didn't wait for him to answer the question. Since he's said before he agrees with Sharia laws and punishments he probably isn't the least offended.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Argus said:

I don't know where you get the idea that any people are immune from backlash

On 2/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Argus said:

would the British people like Muslims?

You're jumping to a topic I'm not interested in much and one I didn't initiate. Surely there is no need to be triggered by my comment.

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

You're jumping to a topic I'm not interested in much and one I didn't initiate. Surely there is no need to be triggered by my comment.

Hmm. I was directly responding to you posting that story alleging British Muslims were facing harassment and leaving the  UK. If you had no interest why did you post it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkyHigh said:

Granted, I've only been on this forum a few months, but based on the interjections I've seen him make, seems pretty obvious to me

He agrees with such opinions

I agree with the remarks I make? Why, you really are perceptive!

Just now, SkyHigh said:

Son, learn to read, wasn't talking about you, was referring to  the moderator

Ah, perhaps, then, you should be more clear. Though if you intend to insult the moderator with the same consistency you insult everyone else I suppose it doesn't matter as you'll be gone soon.

23 minutes ago, Argus said:

Ah, perhaps, then, you should be more clear. Though if you intend to insult the moderator with the same consistency you insult everyone else I suppose it doesn't matter as you'll be gone soon.

Silly little man, read the name written in the comment i quoted

Insult? You can play the victim all you want, but I simply point out your ignorance, you're the one that likes throwing around insults. You're the one who continuously crys anti conservative bias whenever your faulty logic is put on display

Suggesting someone has a political bias  is not an insult to those who rely on reason and not emotion, you of course are the latter

Edited by SkyHigh

2 hours ago, SkyHigh said:

Granted, I've only been on this forum a few months, but based on the interjections I've seen him make, seems pretty obvious to me

He agrees with such opinions

I've been wondering about that, given that this thread has been allowed while other threads are shut down after much less in the way of insulting and flaming.  I think moderating is a difficult and thankless task, and I hesitate to draw conclusions about someone based only on one aspect that I can see.   But it's weird, imo.   And I'm not claiming to be any better than anyone here when it comes to letting my emotions overrule my better judgement,  but when comments implying someone is in favor of decapitation because they are Muslim is allowed to stand, I really wonder about the bias of the moderator. 

Edited by dialamah

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I've been wondering about that, given that this thread has been allowed while other threads are shut down after much less in the way of insulting and flaming.  I think moderating is a difficult and thankless task, and I hesitate to draw conclusions about someone based only on one aspect that I can see.   But it's weird, imo.   And I'm not claiming to be any better than anyone here, but when comments implying someone is in favor of decapitation because they are Muslim is allowed to stand, I really wonder about the bias of the moderator. 

Like i said i can only base my opinion on what I've seen, I don't know the man.

He can, of course, express any political opinion he chooses, and overall I think this forum is well run (never participated in another one, but perused a few before deciding which to sign up for) but again, based solely on my limited experience, he does seem to interject in favor of those expressing one particular ideology over another

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

I've been wondering about that, given that this thread has been allowed while other threads are shut down after much less in the way of insulting and flaming.  I\

Perhaps its because people like you are the ones who do the flaming and  insulting in an effort to shut down this thread.
And perhaps it's because were it not for this thread the same discussion would be taking place across a dozen others instead.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Argus said:

And perhaps it's because were it not for this thread the same discussion would be taking place across a dozen others instead.

You mean people demonizing Muslims as being fanatics and terrorists, claiming they don't mean "all Muslims" and then accusing a poster of preferring to behead people, because the poster is Muslim.

If you were a Muslim man, Argus, you'd be the type to call women who didn"t cover whores and claim they deserved being raped, and being stoned if they were raped outside of marriage.  You'd be the type to support jail or death for gays and apostates, and driving Jews out of Isreal.  Intolerant, xenophobic, arrogant people such as yourself are what makes this world so inhumane, regardless of culture, religion or race.

56 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You mean people demonizing Muslims as being fanatics and terrorists, claiming they don't mean "all Muslims" and then accusing a poster of preferring to behead people, because the poster is Muslim.

He has expressed views which clearly support beheading.

56 minutes ago, dialamah said:

If you were a Muslim man, Argus, you'd be the type to call women who didn"t cover whores and claim they deserved being raped, and being stoned if they were raped outside of marriage.  You'd be the type to support jail or death for gays and apostates, and driving Jews out of Isreal.  Intolerant, xenophobic, arrogant people such as yourself are what makes this world so inhumane, regardless of culture, religion or race.

You're frothing at the mouth again. What's the matter? No one have your burka in the right size?

On 2/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, dialamah said:

Clearly you don't know that and clearly you are making sh.t up as Argus and others are not in favour of such behaviour as this thread is calling out such behaviour.