This week in Islam

kimmy

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Do you not understand what racism is?

Here. I'll pose you a question. If I say I would rather have 10,000 Arab Christians come to Canada than 1,000 Arab Muslims, is that racism?

Would you brand a white Islamist a terrorist?  

Or how about this guy?

muhammad_ali_photo_by_stanley_weston_arc

Honestly I'd run like hell from that guy, but not because I might think he is a terrorist.  

17 hours ago, Goddess said:

Fortunately she was able to get out of it.   Meanwhile disturbing problems in France, which begs the question, is this happening elsewhere, U.K. for instance. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/guns-taken-from-paris-police-amid-islamist-fears-z7ffdrn7r

Seven Paris police officers have been ordered to hand over their weapons and one has been suspended after being suspected of Islamic radicalism.

The orders were issued amid a climate of fear within the Paris police after a Muslim officer stabbed to death four colleagues and injured two more at the force’s headquarters on October 3.

The stabbings by Mickaël Harpon, 45, an IT expert who worked at the police intelligence unit, prompted claims that Islamism had reached the heart of France. Harpon was shot dead.

and in the U.Shttps://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/10/29/feds-brothers-with-ties-to-hezbollah-tried-to-export-drone-tech/

Edited by scribblet

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

This is clearly unfair to bona fida racists. I suggest we simply and more accurately refer to Islamophobes as just a bunch of ignorant assholes.

You and dialamah are free to kiss Islam's ass. Just don't expect the rest of us to pucker-up so willingly to a Jew hating death cult no matter how attractive you two find that notion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

You and dialamah are free to kiss Islam's ass. Just don't expect the rest of us to pucker-up so willingly to a Jew hating death cult no matter how attractive you two find that notion.

The religion does make it more difficult to separate the beliefs - from the people who follow it.  Since pretty much everything is allowable in Islam, from honor killing, subjugation of women/girls and FGM to hating on Jews, dogs, music, gays and anyone not Muslim  - it's hard to know what beliefs individual Muslims hold and will act on. 

I'm sure the Muslim police guy in France who killed 4 of his coworkers, would have been described by Dialamah and Eyeball as a wonderful example of a peaceful Muslim who integrated beautifully - prior to him acting on his beliefs.  Ted Bundy was described in glowing terms by people who did not know what he really believed.  While this can be true of everyone - no one can say for certainty when or how individual people will act on their beliefs, Islamic beliefs seem to lay like a dormant virus until the opportunity to act on them arises for individuals.

Same with JW's - they all officially will let their child die before they give them a blood transfusion.  That is their core belief and teaching.  Very few are actually put in the position of having to make that choice though.  And when they are - some may not follow through on the religion's teachings.  But most do.

I see the same thing in Islam.  Many of the core beliefs are harmful.  This is a fact.  Proven in the news every day.  The desperate attempts to re-brand it as  "religion of peace" are not fooling most people any more.

Given the opportunity to act on those teachings, we have no idea what individual Muslims will do.  Dia insists she knows what all Muslims will do, but she doesn't. But like the JW's, I think far more are willing to do what they are taught to please their God than some here are willing to admit.  And sorrynotsorry, but platitudes of "Don't worry, most Muslims don't even follow their faith" or accusing everyone of Islamophobia and racism for distrusting the religion, really are not reassuring.  

Remember when Dia chastised us by saying she had a new Muslim neighbor who was just so wonderful and Dia said she would rather have her for a neighbor than any of us?  Dia knows nothing about what this woman actually believes, yet just based on the fact that she is Muslim - that makes her better in Dia's books than anyone else, no matter what her actual beliefs are. I meet people all the time that seem nice.  But if after getting to know them, I find they believe Jews are filth or agree that anyone who leaves Islam should be killed too bad we can't do it here in Canada......those are dangerous beliefs.  Dangerous beliefs that they pass on to their children.  Dangerous beliefs that lay like a dormant virus until an opportunity arises to act on them.

I am 100% on board with giving the benefit of the doubt and treating everyone I meet with respect and dignity and that includes  individual Muslims.  But I also do remember that they follow a religion that is volatile, violent and has cornered the market on harmful beliefs and practices.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

The religion does make it more difficult to separate the beliefs - from the people who follow it.  Since pretty much everything is allowable in Islam, from honor killing, subjugation of women/girls and FGM to hating on Jews, dogs, music, gays and anyone not Muslim  - it's hard to know what beliefs individual Muslims hold and will act on. 

I'm sure the Muslim police guy in France who killed 4 of his coworkers, would have been described by Dialamah and Eyeball as a wonderful example of a peaceful Muslim - prior to him acting on his beliefs. 

Good post.

The concept in Islam is called Al Wala' Wal Bara'....Loyalty and disavowal: loving what Allah loves and hating what Allah hates. It is virtuous. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

Islamic studies scholar Ghulam Rasool Dehlvi explains, "It (the verse) actually means: Al wallah - loyalty with Muslims; and wal barra enmity against all non- Muslims. He refers to certain verses in the Quran, which say 'do not make friends with Jews and Christians'.

19 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I am 100% on board with giving the benefit of the doubt and treating everyone I meet with respect and dignity and that includes  individual Muslims.  But I also do remember that they follow a religion that is volatile, violent and has cornered the market on harmful beliefs and practices.

This is where it gets confusing to some folks. Islam is the dogma while a Muslim is a follower of the dogma. These are TWO different things. I call it the Oskar Schindler was a Good Nazi fallacy...but I believe it's informally called counting the hits and forgetting the misses....aka postdiction. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

Kuwait, which is one of the more 'modern' Muslim states - if you can use that term about Muslim states - has just been prodded by the BBC to do something about their on-line slave markets where slaves were openly advertised for sale by their owners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50266663

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

Kuwait, which is one of the more 'modern' Muslim states - if you can use that term about Muslim states - has just been prodded by the BBC to do something about their on-line slave markets where slaves were openly advertised for sale by their owners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50266663

Authorities say those involved have been ordered to take down their ads.

They have also been compelled to sign a legal commitment, promising no longer to participate in this activity.

Hahaha, who needs a civil war, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

This is dated, but speaks to the issue of how fear of being called racist or 'Islamophobic' even goes as far as allowing election fraud to take place, and points to the gov't  state of denial

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/11/election-fraud-allowed-to-take-place-in-muslim-communities-becau

Election fraud has been allowed to take place in Muslim communities because of “political correctness”, a major report finds as it calls for unprecedented reforms to the British voting system.

In a report commissioned by the Government, Sir Eric Pickles, the former Conservative Cabinet minister, today warns that the authorities are in a “state of denial” and are “turning a blind eye” to election fraud.

He said that there is evidence of voter fraud “especially in communities of Pakistani and Bangladeshi background” but that the cases have been ignored because of “over-sensitivities about ethnicity and religion”.

Sir Eric warns that “challenging issues” over community cohesion should never be an “excuse” for failing to “uphold the rule of law and protect British liberties”.

Sir Eric also sharply criticises the Metropolitan Police for failing to follow up the election court’s ruling with any criminal charges.

He says that the force’s inaction “sends a worrying signal that the police are soft on tackling and prosecuting electoral fraud, when faced with competing operational demands”.

Writing in The Telegraph, Sir Eric says that following his investigation, he now believes “electoral malpractice is far more common than just one isolated London borough thanks to th

Edited by scribblet

image.png.a6b0e6fe7c557f583b15a9568501d591.png

This book ^^^ has been distributed to Muslims and others in downtown squares in Toronto and York.

https://clarionproject.org/trybeatingmelightly-wife-beating-toronto-pakistan-0-25/

Excerpts from the book:

“Islam forbids beating women and warns strictly against it. The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) never beat any of his wives or servants, as his wife Aishah (may Allah exalt their mention) reported in an authentic tradition (Bukhari #2328). Women are, in general, weaker than men in their physique and stamina. Women are often unable to defend themselves against violence. Although beating of women is generally forbidden, Islam permits the beating of wives in a restricted and limited sense only as a final solution and acceptable valid reason when all else fails. This is analogous to spanking children when all else fails and they must learn a lesson in obedience for their own protection and success.

Hmmm.  "Strictly against" beating women, then proceeds to instruct how to beat your wife in an acceptable way.

In Islam, wives are not adults in a consensual relationship. They are children who can be spanked.  And good, submissive Muslim wives are apparently masochists who enjoy being beaten.

This treatment is proved to be very effective with two types of women, as psychologists have determined:

“The first type: Strong willed, demanding and commandeering women. These are the type of women who like to control, master and run the affairs of their husbands by pushing them around, commanding them and giving them orders.

“The second type: Submissive or subdued women. These women may even enjoy being beaten at times as a sign of love and concern

So basically, no matter what kind of wife you have - beat her!

On Honor Killings:

In some traditional and tribal custom based societies, custom gives the male such a dominant role that if the honor of his womenfolk are perceived, even without proper verification, to have been violated by an action of promiscuity on her part, the man kills her to protect his honor. This situation has been hyped up in the media because some unscrupulous people who continue to do this and others who allow it to continue.

The answer to this is simple. To begin with, people are not allowed to take the law into their own hands and punish in this manner based on unverified accusations of promiscuity, as the rules of testimony in Islam are very strict. Therefore, this is a direct violation of the Islamic law. If the court assesses the case as an outright premeditated murder, after considering all circumstances and receiving proofs conclusively, it becomes punishable by the Islamic law of equity and retribution in cases of premeditated murder.

The unfortunate reality is that because secular laws are in place in these countries, and because politicians appease tribal and other leaders for political advantages, these unjust customs are allowed to continue. If the Islamic laws were established and executed, the severe punishments for fornication, adultery, murder, etc, would satisfy the Muslim population; that justice has been done, and this would curtail the sense of vengeance that one needs to have recourse to.

See?  If Canadians would just let them kill adulterers and gays, they wouldn't have to break the law to adhere to Islamic values. 

The book also explains why polygamy is good (for men,  NOT for women), why the hijab is mandatory, why women should never be allowed to go anywhere without a (male) babysitter and reiterates throughout the book that men are far superior to women and therefore, entitled to be in charge and obeyed.

Edited by Goddess

Guest PPC2019

I'm very happy the Muslims aren't bombing lately. Maybe Islam is starting to reform itself, or Trump has done an amazing job defeating ISIS. I feel like there is some change in the air. It gives me hope.

Edited by PPC2019

The U.K. has really lost it, this is illegal and yet they allow it to continue.  The law has spoken on this one, there is no conflict between the law and religious freedom here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2019/01/30/muslim-school-will-not-allow-girls-eat-lunch-boys-have-finished/

He said that Al-Hijrah school was enforcing a “very strict gender segregation” which included “denying the girls to have their lunch until the boys had had theirs”. “And we had some very discriminatory texts for instance, encouraging violence against women,” he said.

Mr Tryl said that Ofsted welcomed the Court of Appeal's ruling that gender segregation within the school fell foul of equalities laws, but despite the case concluding in mid-2017 the school has still not de-segregated.

3 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

Islamophobes promote the sentiment that leads to these horrific attacks. 

They should be held accountable for their bigoted hate mongering and dehumanizing discourse.

Well, certainly the guy who beat her up should.  I would throw away the key, and I didn't even watch the video.

But you can't hold all people who find fault with Islam responsible for the actions of a few.  That's right isn't it?

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Well, certainly the guy who beat her up should.  I would throw away the key, and I didn't even watch the video.

But you can't hold all people who find fault with Islam responsible for the actions of a few.  That's right isn't it?

Looks targeted, frankly...not random. Why go for the furthest girl if your aim is to punch a Muslim at random?

7 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

Islamophobes promote the sentiment that leads to these horrific attacks. 

They should be held accountable for their bigoted hate mongering and dehumanizing discourse.

And Muslim Imams and Mullahs promote the sentiment that leads to tens of thousands of violent and murderous terrorist attacks.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Argus said:

And Muslim Imams and Mullahs promote the sentiment that leads to tens of thousands of violent and murderous terrorist attacks.

Zijad Delić. He's a good man. I was just in the mood to say something positive. My prostate told me to. It has a mind of its own.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, Argus said:

Agreed, bigoted hatemongering and dehumanizing discourse should be called out and condemned.  This applies whether its Imams and Mullahs calling Westerners evil, or Westerners referring to Muslims as barbaric and ignorant or refugees as backwards goat herders.

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

Agreed, bigoted hatemongering and dehumanizing discourse should be called out and condemned.  This applies whether its Imams and Mullahs calling Westerners evil, or Westerners referring to Muslims as barbaric and ignorant or refugees as backwards goat herders.

Not if the Westerners really are evil or the Muslims really are barbaric. Or vice versa, for that matter.

Edited by bcsapper

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

You might find a little space in the above for truth. Well, others would, maybe not you...

• Like 1