This week in Islam

kimmy

Not a single "Western Country" has stepped-up to offer Asia Bibi sanctuary due to "security concerns" (translation: Islam is violent and we're frightened).

This would include cowardly Canada with its 'sensitive discussions' with Asia Bibi's Islamic oppressors...ineffectual...but hey, "we tried to save her"...we can say.

Losers all...

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not a single "Western Country" has stepped-up to offer Asia Bibi sanctuary due to security concerns.

This would include cowardly Canada with its 'sensitive discussions' with Asia Bibi's Islamic oppressors...ineffectual...but hey, "we tried to save her"...we can say.

Losers all...

This has to be the most disgusting moment yet for the virtue-signalling PM. Let's hope that voters take note.

• Thanks 1

Totally agree, hard to believe that the West is so subservient to Islam  that they can't help a genuine person needing asylum.    Any chance there are secret negotiations going on to bring her here so he can say  ta da   look what I did with a good photo op?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Totally agree, hard to believe that the West is so subservient to Islam  that they can't help a genuine person needing asylum.    Any chance there are secret negotiations going on to bring her here so he can say  ta da   look what I did with a good photo op?

I found this, but no updates so who knows?

Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has indicated the country he represents is trying to work out an offer of asylum for Bibi with the Pakistani government.

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I found this, but no updates so who knows?

Thanks...   hope they are successful.

Meanwhile in Sweden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5654845/Swedish-woman-raped-sexually-assaulted-Afghan-migrant-teenagers-met-outside-bar.html?fbclid=IwAR066plwA-h8Eq7cZe1UVs0Kehh-wqZ5W6f94onNc3ggsrF6vroKihxVaGU

Woman who campaigns against the deportation of migrants from Sweden was raped and sexually assaulted by two Afghan teenagers she met outside a bar

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Not a single "Western Country" has stepped-up to offer Asia Bibi sanctuary due to "security concerns" (translation: Islam is violent and we're frightened).

Losers all...

Yeah, The UK acted miserably there.  Cowardly bastards.  Tories too!

Last I heard France and Spain were stepping up, bless them.

54 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Thanks...   hope they are successful.

Meanwhile in Sweden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5654845/Swedish-woman-raped-sexually-assaulted-Afghan-migrant-teenagers-met-outside-bar.html?fbclid=IwAR066plwA-h8Eq7cZe1UVs0Kehh-wqZ5W6f94onNc3ggsrF6vroKihxVaGU

Woman who campaigns against the deportation of migrants from Sweden was raped and sexually assaulted by two Afghan teenagers she met outside a bar

15 months in prison?  They really don't care about rape in Sweden, do they?

Edit>  Julian Assange should have given himself up long ago.  For what he is accused of, he would probably have just been fined.

Edited by bcsapper

12 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

15 months in prison?  They really don't care about rape in Sweden, do they?

Edit>  Julian Assange should have given himself up long ago.  For what he is accused of, he would probably have just been fined.

Apparently not, especially if you are of a certain religion which gives you a pass...  cultural differences doncha know....       From what I've read Assange didn't rape anyone...  

• Like 1

Just now, scribblet said:

Apparently not, especially if you are of a certain religion which gives you a pass...  cultural differences doncha know....       From what I've read Assange didn't rape anyone...  

I heard he was accused of molesting someone.  Community service?

On 11/17/2018 at 4:45 PM, DogOnPorch said:

Losers all...

To be fair, she is not allowed to leave Pakistan at the moment, and nobody is likely to announce an acceptance until she and her family are actually safe wherever it is they're going to.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Argus said:

To be fair, she is not allowed to leave Pakistan at the moment, and nobody is likely to announce an acceptance until she and her family are actually safe wherever it is they're going to.

True...but I was more commenting on what eyeball would call the mealy-mouthed word salads coming from our so-called leaders with few exceptions. Sensitive discussions with a lynch mob...right.

in Canada  https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4911463?   

Last month, Irshad was supposed to appear in court for a sentencing hearing. At that time, prosecutor Melissa Bond and defence lawyer David Chow appeared before Justice Michele Hollins and indicated that not only had Irshad missed a pre-sentence psychiatric assessment appointment, he had also travelled to Pakistan to visit family.

in Florida, the largest food stamp fraud.. I`m sure others do it too but this is the biggest bust in history

https://www.tapainfo.com/2018/11/19/florida-largest-food-stamp-fraud-bust-in-history-20m-muslim-store-owners-arrested/

and in Canada again with a liberal judge - fortunately for us, the appeal court found the lower court judge “imposed an artificial sentence” to prevent Yare from being deported, and raised his total sentence to 13 months and 10 days, acknowledging the punishment “will affect his right of appeal … and may result in his deportation.” Yare had already served the jail time prior to the appeal hearing.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/judge-gave-excessively-light-sentence-to-avert-deportation-of-refugee-who-threatened-to-kill-police-appeal-court

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/11/20/female-genital-mutilation-michigan/1991712002/

I had been following this case and am very disappointed in this ruling.

In a major blow to the federal government, a judge in Detroit has declared America's female genital mutilation law unconstitutional, thereby dismissing the key charges against two Michigan doctors and six others accused of subjecting at least nine minor girls to the cutting procedure in the nation's first FGM case.

U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman concluded that "as despicable as this practice may be," Congress did not have the authority to pass the 22-year-old federal law that criminalizes female genital mutilation, and that FGM is for the states to regulate. FGM is banned worldwide and has been outlawed in more than 30 countries, though the U.S. statute had never been tested before this case. 

"As laudable as the prohibition of a particular type of abuse of girls may be ... federalism concerns deprive Congress of the power to enact this statute," Friedman wrote in his 28-page opinion, noting: "Congress overstepped its bounds by legislating to prohibit FGM ... FGM is a 'local criminal activity' which, in keeping with long-standing tradition and our federal system of government, is for the states to regulate, not Congress." 

For FGM survivor and social activist Mariya Taher, who heads a campaign out of Cambridge, Massachusetts, to ban FGM worldwide, Friedman's ruling was a punch to the gut.

"Oh my God, this is crazy,"  said Taher, stressing she fears the ruling will put more young women in harm's way. "Unfortunately, this is going to embolden those who believe that this must be continued ... they’ll feel that this is permission, that it’s OK to do this."

Taher, who, at 7, was subjected to the same type of religious cutting procedure that's at issue in the Michigan case, said she doesn't expect laws alone to end FGM. But they are needed, she stressed.

"This is a violation of one person’s human rights. It's  a form of gender violence. … This is cultural violence," 35-year-old Taher said. 

Yasmeen Hassan, executive global director for Equality Now, an international women's rights organization,  agreed, saying the ruling sends a disturbing message to women and girls.

"It says you are not important," Hassan said, calling the ruling a "federal blessing" for FGM.

"In this day and age, for FGM to still occur — and a federal government can’t regulate this with a human rights violation — is very bizarre," she said. "This is not what I expected. It's so not what I expected."

Really, really disappointing to see democracy and Western values used against us in this way.

Kudos to Islam and their idiotic Western progressive supporters.  They got what they wanted - women's and children's rights are going down the outhouse hole and we can't make laws fast enough to stop it.

“The law was never debated on the floor of either chamber of Congress nor was there ever any legislative hearing addressing the justification or need for the federal law. Instead, all that exists is the criminal statute itself,” defense lawyers have argued in court documents, claiming the driving force behind the legislation was one lawmaker's belief that the prohibited conduct was 'repulsive and cruel.' "

They are actually saying that this practice needs to be "debated". And that the only reason for the law is because some might possibly find the practice cruel and repulsive.

I'm in shock and scared for women.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 3

On 11/26/2018 at 10:29 AM, Goddess said:

Really, really disappointing to see democracy and Western values used against us in this way.

In this case wouldn't that be America's Founding Fathers?

Its not like this is the first time that taking them too seriously has only helped to confuse and confound things even more.

What's really sad is that there were no Founding Mothers.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

I suppose if there were an Internet in Nazi Germany, there would have been threads like this one about Jews. Disgusting the efforts people go to to demonize their neighbours.

Yeah, that's pretty dumb.  The old refuge of a lefty who simply doesn't like what is being said, because it's being said about one of the groups they are uncomfortable finding fault with.

Argue points if you have a contrary position. 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:29 AM, Goddess said:

I had been following this case and am very disappointed in this ruling.

I was disappointed about this as well; it makes no sense to me why a law forbidding FGM would be at all suspect.  

I am disappointed in the outcome as I said.  On the other hand, part of the strength of our democracy is that laws can be challenged and made better.   Let us hope that happens here, too.

But ultimately this is a failure of a system that should have been able to offer justice to these girls.

25 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, that's pretty dumb.  The old refuge of a lefty who simply doesn't like what is being said, because it's being said about one of the groups they are uncomfortable finding fault with.

Thats bullshit.  Whatever the intention of the OP, this thread has simply become a repository of every Muslim misdeed, true or not, adding fuel to bigotry and Islamophibia.  Scribblet's story, true or not, of gays being threatened with death happens everywhere with remarkable regularity - but is there a thread specifically catering to non-Muslims behaving badly?  Nope.  If the Uber driver were a Ugandan Christian would it have rated any kind of comment anywhere?  Probably not: its only Muslims that require special mention for every instance of violent or criminal behavior.  In that sense, Jonas comment is accurate: the Nazis would have loved a forum such as this to demonize Jews.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Thats bullshit.  Whatever the intention of the OP, this thread has simply become a repository of every Muslim misdeed, true or not, adding fuel to bigotry and Islamophibia.  Scribblet's story, true or not, of gays being threatened with death happens everywhere with remarkable regularity - but is there a thread specifically catering to non-Muslims behaving badly?  Nope.  If the Uber driver were a Ugandan Christian would it have rated any kind of comment anywhere?  Probably not: its only Muslims that require special mention for every instance of violent or criminal behavior.  In that sense, Jonas comment is accurate: the Nazis would have loved a forum such as this to demonize Jews.

No, that's bullshit.  If there is something that is not true on this thread, say so, and let the poster defend it.  If it is true, it belongs on this thread.   If you don't like that, even though it's true, you should ask yourself why.  But only if you want to.  I wouldn't presume to dictate.

As for Jonas's comment, did the Nazis tell the truth about Jews much?  Did the Jews have as much to tell about as Islam?