This week in Islam

kimmy

22 hours ago, Goddess said:

You know that Muslims have been killing and fighting each other for centuries, right?

Do we want to help change that? Or let them keep on killing each other while supporting both sides so they can continue to kill each other? We have become complicit in them killing each other.

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

So it's the motive, not the opinion that you take issue with?  

I was just commenting on the opinion. 

I think it pretty much goes without saying that most parents treasure their children above all else. That was not the issue.

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

Do we want to help change that? Or let them keep on killing each other while supporting both sides so they can continue to kill each other? We have become complicit in them killing each other.

I think we (as Western society/culture/whatever) really should just remove ourselves from the political/military machinations in the Middle East.    We don't need to 'save' people or the world for democracy or social justice or whatever has been claimed in the past; the only time we should engage militarily is if/when someone directly threatens us.   If we focused on bettering our own society and let them focus on bettering (or not) their society, we'd all be better off.   I think we can still provide humanitarian aid, and engage in trade without also engaging in all the other BS.    We could start by reducing and removing our reliance on ME oil.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

I think it pretty much goes without saying that most parents treasure their children above all else. That was not the issue.

I assumed it was meant in a more general sense.

Just now, bcsapper said:

I assumed it was meant in a more general sense.

I'm sure it was too.   It's easy not to care about the kids in Syria who suffer due to the ongoing conflict; it's barely covered on the news and certainly, no Western world leaders stand with Syrians or put their flags to half-mast to honor and grieve the victims.   British and French children are much closer, ideologically at least and as we're not the least bit complicit in their deaths, they can become 'ours' in a way Syrian kids never could hope to.  

57 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I think we (as Western society/culture/whatever) really should just remove ourselves from the political/military machinations in the Middle East.    We don't need to 'save' people or the world for democracy or social justice or whatever has been claimed in the past; the only time we should engage militarily is if/when someone directly threatens us.   If we focused on bettering our own society and let them focus on bettering (or not) their society, we'd all be better off.   I think we can still provide humanitarian aid, and engage in trade without also engaging in all the other BS.    We could start by reducing and removing our reliance on ME oil.  

That might have worked in the past. Maybe...

However, nuclear weapons and nerve agents are not to be taken lightly. You want a nightmare? One litre of VX agent is enough to render the heart of a city unlivable for your lifetime. Be it Damascus or Montreal.

It is not possible to leave them to better...or not...their crappy societies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

That might have worked in the past. Maybe...

However, nuclear weapons and nerve agents are not to be taken lightly. You want a nightmare? One litre of VX agent is enough to render the heart of a city unlivable for your lifetime. Be it Damascus or Montreal.

It is not possible to leave them to better...or not...their crappy societies.

I can't imagine a more galvanizing assessment from a terrorist's point of view.

I know I certainly don't see any difference between dropping nerve agents a nuke or a dictator on another society. Any electorate that would allow or encourage the government's they elect to do so deserves the same.

Nobody is getting out of this horror show unscathed.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Human nature has nothing to do with this at all. It's called selective optics. Those who support this failed war on terror creating more terror via foreign policy is only making us more susceptible to attacks. Once you care about over there, then we can solve the problem here MUCH MUCH easier.

We were clearly pretty susceptible to attacks BEFORE the war on terror, thus nine eleven. Which, in case you've forgotten it, begat the war on terror.

Edited by Argus

7 hours ago, GostHacked said:

How do you imagine we could change it? By not selling them weapons? They'll get them from the Russians and Chinese. By letting them slaughter the Jews? By letting all the governments there be converted to Islamic theocracies?

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

I think we (as Western society/culture/whatever) really should just remove ourselves from the political/military machinations in the Middle East. 

That would leave the field clear for the Russians and Chinese to interfere instead. Which they're already doing and would do more of. Do you really think that would make things better?

2 hours ago, Argus said:

We were clearly pretty susceptible to attacks BEFORE the war on terror, thus nine eleven. Which, in case you've forgotten it, begat the war on terror.

No it wasn't, 9/11 was simply in retaliation for decades of the west's rape, murder and pillage throughout much of the Muslim world.

We were susceptible to this because we allowed our governments to put us in harm's way.

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

No it wasn't, 9/11 was simply in retaliation for decades of the west's rape, murder and pillage throughout much of the Muslim world.

And yet Muslim terrorists kill other Muslims in far greater numbers, constantly. It's not exclusively the fault of the west.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

And yet Muslim terrorists kill other Muslims in far greater numbers, constantly. It's not exclusively the fault of the west.

How exactly does this apology get the west off the hook for its complicity and crimes?

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

It isn't even partially the fault of the West. Muslims have been slaughtering everyone around them since Islam came into being. The worst slaughters in human history were perpetrated by Muslims, easily outdoing Hitler and Stalin combined.

Muslim historian Firishta [full name Muhammad Qasim Hindu Shah, born in 1560 and died in 1620], the author of the Tarikh-i Firishta and the Gulshan-i Ibrahim, was the first to give an idea to the medieval bloodbath that was India during Muslim rule, when he declared that over 400 million Hindus got slaughtered during the Muslim invasion and occupation of India. Survivors got enslaved and castrated. India’s population is said to have been around 600 million at the time of Muslim invasion. By the mid 1500’s the Hindu population was 200 million.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/islamic-invasion-of-india-the-greatest-genocide-in-history/

Edited by Argus

Islam's latest atrocity: 80+ dead and 350+(!) wounded as a water-tanker truck is used as a bomb to enlighten the Apostates in Afghanistan.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/kabul-blast-biggest-terror-attack-in-afghanistan-capitals-diplomatic-district-leaves-80-dead-350-wounded-3501733.html

Target Green Zone...but the murderer didn't make it that far.

As this didn't happen in the West, the media will do its best to ignore.

Let's face it...you didn't hear it from them this morning...

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I heard it from MSM this morning, news and FB page.   Your echo-chamber serms to be isolating you from reality.

Exactly what you do.

Your religion just offed a whole pile of people and your battle is with me.

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your religion just offed a whole pile of people and your battle is with me.

My battle is with those who pursue an agenda to create or increase hatred and fear regardless of religion or nationality.

I feel the same way about the innocent people who die due to terrorists as I do about the innocent people who died in Iraq or who are dying in Syria due to coalition bombings.   No civilian is an acceptable casuality as far as I'm concerned.