Moderating Mapleafweb's Moderation

Argus

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

Your post was grossly off-topic and could only derail the thread. 

This is absolute nonsense.  WTF is going on these days?

Someone who claims to be a 16 year old girl gets to post completely asinine things that must go unchallenged by the rest of the forum?   :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

Someone who claims to be a 16 year old girl gets to post completely asinine things that must go unchallenged by the rest of the forum?   :rolleyes:

Look at it this way. Either she is who she claims or she is not.

In the second instance, you are allowing yourself to become aggravated and angry by a troll posting nonsense because they WANT to aggravate you.

In the first instance you are allowing yourself to become aggravated and angry by a 16yo living in an autocratic country without a free press and indoctrinated by both Islam, her school and her government to believe what she believes.

Edited by Argus

31 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

I've had my posts edited by Mike H, and when I complained about the other ones Altai posted, his response is that they were not reported.  The real sad thing here is that my post was not reported either, but Mike felt the need to modify it. Changed it from a video to a link and said he would leave it because it was on topic. I reported the links and he did nothing.

And after a heated back and forth he deferred to Greg saying he would not take anymore action until he gets word. And at that time I again stressed that membership has had enough with the inconsistency of how moderators apply the 'rules' on the board. 

Take a look when this thread was started, how far have we come?

3 hours ago, BC_chick said:

Personal jab eh?  I mention that Turkey is an uncivilized country for killing people for flag crimes (on a thread about flag burning) and that is somehow a 'personal' jab?  

Because Altai is Turkey.

What a joke.  :lol:

I agree with you on this one, but I don't expect Charles Anthony to be reasonable either.

38 minutes ago, Argus said:

Look at it this way. Either she is who she claims or she is not.

In the second instance, you are allowing yourself to become aggravated and angry by a troll posting nonsense because they WANT to aggravate you.

In the first instance you are allowing yourself to become aggravated and angry by a 16yo living in an autocratic country without a free press and indoctrinated by both Islam, her school and her government to believe what she believes.

I could care less what "she" says...   the issue is the mods not allowing debate and not dealing with an obvious troll.

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't understand... is it not mandatory to inform the user if their post is deleted by a mod?. That would only seem fair.

No.  We try to do it but in most cases it should be obvious, if you put an insult in there or didn't add any content and just used an emoji for example.  In this case, it was a jab not just a casual comment so we can presume the poster wouldn't be surprised whether they were or not. 

What jab?  That she must be proud of her country for killing people for committing a flag crime??

That's not a jab, that's the truth, that's nothing to be proud of.  

You have a poster discussing Turkey's barbaric nonsense on a board about US outlawing flag burning, but somehow you didn't consider that derailing a thread.  

Point out that KILLING people for committing a crime against a flag is barbaric and no wonder the country isn't allowed to sit with the civilized nations and that's somehow a 'jab' and derailing???

FFS.

Thanks msj and cybercoma, I don't think this place is worth coming to anymore.  Wouldn't want to upset Altai and all her glorious insight.

Dead pets and hot Muslim athletes.  Have at her...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

In this case, it was a jab not just a casual comment so we can presume the poster wouldn't be surprised whether they were or not. 

If jabs at countries are not allowed, then BC_2004 must get 90% of his posts deleted!  :blink:

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

No.  We try to do it but in most cases it should be obvious, if you put an insult in there or didn't add any content and just used an emoji for example.  In this case, it was a jab not just a casual comment so we can presume the poster wouldn't be surprised whether they were or not. 

I see. But if they're not informed, they might not even know it's been deleted. For example if someone makes several posts in one day, and you deem it necessary to delete one of those, they might not know that the post was deleted. Unless a person goes back and checks that the post still exists, they would be unaware that they were caught committing an infraction. Telling them is to your benefit as a mod as well.

1 hour ago, BC_chick said:

Point out that KILLING people for committing a crime against a flag is barbaric and no wonder the country isn't allowed to sit with the civilized nations and that's somehow a 'jab' and derailing???

Meanwhile, posters have called people from the Middle East as "illiterate goat herders" without having their posts deleted:

if that second cousin is an illiterate goat herder, well, then we get to pay for his upkeep (including housing, clothes, food, heat, hydro, etc., and health care) for the next forty or fifty years or so.

On 10/14/2010 at 3:54 PM, Argus said:

I don't like a spineless PM who will kowtow to every third world goat herder out there.

On 1/14/2014 at 1:51 PM, TimG said:

If he really wanted to demonstrate his commitment to a non-fossil fuel economy he would take up life as a goat herder in Somalia. 

On 9/9/2010 at 0:29 AM, wyly said:

911 is but a fraction killed by christian USA around the world, all the terror attacks combined are a drop in the bucket compared to innocents the USA has killed...but then we aren't targeted by the USA so we don't readily see that...as long as it's some anonymous goat herder or farmer in a third world country no one really cares...

On 12/9/2015 at 10:25 PM, DogOnPorch said:

Eid is a colouful holiday. Good for the kids. Bring yer own goat.

Epithets here are perfectly fine, as long as it's directed towards Muslims.

31 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

Meanwhile, posters have called people from the Middle East as "illiterate goat herders" without having their posts deleted:

Or  other posters "racist pieces of shit".  That didn't get deleted.  All sorts of stuff gets past the mods.

Edit>  For the record, I'm certainly not advocating it be deleted.

Edited by bcsapper

16 hours ago, cybercoma said:

Epithets here are perfectly fine, as long as it's directed towards Muslims.

We could always sign MLW up for 'Troll Trace', Rick. Maybe bomb Denmark...

:lol:

19 hours ago, Bryan said:

Why would that get deleted?

Because to social justice warriors any unflattering description of any group considered to be in some way a protected minority is evil and the person who does it must be silenced, and if possible imprisoned.

Edited by Argus

• Forum Admin

This thread is a waste of my time.

If you have a question about moderation, consult the rules and guidelines.  If after consulting the rules and guidelines, you still can't figure out what the issue was, send a note to one of the moderators.

If you don't like the answer you receive or you don't like the level or quality of moderation, go some where else.

This constant whining and bitching about the moderation and other members stops now.

• Greg locked this topic