Gov. Sarah Palin's Keynote at CPAC 2014

It would if you knew the reason why. But democrats rely on low information voters to win elections. You know, the people that follow Justin Bieber, watch American Idol and vote for Obama to give them free stuff. Btw, the filibuster in congress was last year.

And I'll bet a lot of low information (are there any other kind) Republican voters enjoyed the hell out of it. Justin included.

Yeah, Republican voters tend to very well-off (which means they know very well why they're voting Republican) or no knowledge folks who think fighting queers and abortion, and making sure every home has a dozen machineguns, is far and away more important than jobs or fair taxation or foreign policy or any of that other convoluted stuff they don't understand.

They don't know what an economy is anyway. They do know that God doesn't like teenagers to have rubbers on their peckers though.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might also think that those bible thumping Tea Party folks, since it is their schtick aftr all, would be a tad more informed than to make statements such as "If English was a good enough language for Jesus, it's good enough for us" That was hilatious.

I don't think you can be a Tea Party member and be a Christian, any more than you can be a conserative.

Sure they can...certainly just as much as any liberal who loves abortion rights can be a Christian.

In the strictest sense, since, as far as I'm aware, virtually all Christian sects oppose abortion, no you can't. Perhaps a lapsed Christian who ignores what his or her church teaches on the issue.

But the bible is pretty clear on the responsibility of Christians to take care of the poor, downtrodden and sick, and the Tea Party feels no such responsibility. The Tea Party says "Let them die as long as I get low taxes". How would you make that statement to Jesus Christ?

In the strictest sense, since, as far as I'm aware, virtually all Christian sects oppose abortion, no you can't. Perhaps a lapsed Christian who ignores what his or her church teaches on the issue.

Plenty of Christians have abortions each year...in the strictest sense.

But the bible is pretty clear on the responsibility of Christians to take care of the poor, downtrodden and sick, and the Tea Party feels no such responsibility. The Tea Party says "Let them die as long as I get low taxes". How would you make that statement to Jesus Christ?

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's".

Nothing about the poor, downtrodden, and sick.

Stay on topic.

It is on topic...Gov. Palin talks about such things all the time.

Palin is opposed to abortion in almost all cases, including rape and incest, but not if the life of the mother is endangered. In 2006, while running for governor, Palin was asked what she would do if her own daughter were raped and became pregnant; she responded that she would "choose life."

Edited by bush_cheney2004

It is on topic...Gov. Palin talks about such things all the time.

Palin is opposed to abortion in almost all cases, including rape and incest, but not if the life of the mother is endangered. In 2006, while running for governor, Palin was asked what she would do if her own daughter were raped and became pregnant; she responded that she would "choose life."

Did anybody think to ask the daughter?

The daughter would have no such choice to begin with. The moment she became pregnant, her life was made up. It had nothing to do with her choice or what she wanted in her life. However, it had everything to do with the church her parents belonged to. No one asked the daughter.

Luckily here in Canada we have the good sense to actually seperate church and state. Probably one of the reasons we don't put people to death anymore. And why people like Palin never get a lot of traction this side of the border. Thank God.

Uh, we stopped putting people to death because the political class wanted it stopped. The people didn't. In that sense the US was more democratic than Canada.

In any event, I continue to find it absurd how people can support abortion but oppose the death penalty on moral or religious grounds, just as I find it absurd how many people support the death penalty but oppose abortion. At least the Catholics aren't hypocritical on these issues.

Edited by Argus

Uh, we stopped putting people to death because the political class wanted it stopped. The people didn't. In that sense the US was more democratic than Canada.

In any event, I continue to find it absurd how people can support abortion but oppose the death penalty on moral or religious grounds, just as I find it absurd how many people support the death penalty but oppose abortion. At least the Catholics aren't hypocritical on these issues.

What about practical grounds?

What about practical grounds?

I oppose capital punishment myself on practical grounds. But most of those who oppose capital punishment make a big deal about life being sacred, even though they enthusiastically support abortion on demand at any stage. Likewise, most of those who insist life is sacred and begins at conception seem to support the death penalty, which I find inexplicable.