Gov. Sarah Palin's Keynote at CPAC 2014

...The conclusion: your intelligence as a child correlates strongly with socially liberal views. People with low IQs tend to be more in favour of harsh punishments, more homophobic and more likely to be racist.

This remark is discriminatory and racist IMHO, stereotyping and insulting many different types of people with developmental disabilities, access to education, abuse victims, socio-economic class, cultural differences, etc. It is the worst kind of elitist tripe often trotted out by "liberals", and has fortunately fallen in disfavor. Keep such studies in Canada, where apparently they are very important to some psychologists.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it's not their solution. You can find health care legislative proposals at GOP.gov,

You'll have to help me find that. I'm at that website right now, and all I can find is this:

Lowering Health Care Costs & Bolstering Research

Repealing ObamaCare, enacting patient-centered reforms, and eliminating wasteful government spending so we can focus on disease and disorder research will improve care, and bring down the costs that strain families and make it harder for small businesses to hire.

That's not a policy, that's a sound-bite. Where's the actual policy?

but again, CPAC is not affiliated with the Republican Party. I'm not sure why that so hard for some of you to understand. Just as the net roots conference which is a platform for progressives that often invites several democrats to speak isn't affiliated with the DNC. It's a privately organized entity. Some of you are stuck on stupid.

yeah yeah, CPAC isn't affiliated with the Republican Party, but most of these prominent speakers are. There were at least 5 guys on the podium who might or will be contending for the 2016 nomination, and I think it's reasonable to expect them to to talk about some actual policies. They talked about policies in other areas. They're unanimous on repealing the ACA, but not a peep about what they would replace it with.

-k

He was one of the highest lobbyist paid politicians during his time in the office. Why give any credibility to what this prostitute says?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

-k

Not affilliated with the republican party? That nonsense but of course there is more to it than that. When your line up of speakers has included the likes of not only Sarah, but also Michelle Bachman, Dich Cheney, George Bush, Newt Gingrich, and the really shining stars, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanaa, Glenn Beck, and one of my favs., Anne Coulter, I'd say you must not only include republican party, but also the Tea party, and the real right wing whacko's as well. Let's give credit where it's due.

Well, if that be the measure of membership and party affiliation, I give you none other than American Gov. Howard Dean at the Liberal Party of Canada's 2006 leadership convention (keynote speaker):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNY5sX9CL4

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Well, if that be the measure of membership and party affiliation, I give you none other than American Gov. Howard Dean at the Liberal Party of Canada's 2006 leadership convention (keynote speaker):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNY5sX9CL4

Thanks for the link. If you want to have some fun go click on the Bill Maher link to "Crazy Stupid Politics". now do you guys still really think Obama is a Muslim?

This remark is discriminatory and racist IMHO, stereotyping and insulting many different types of people with developmental disabilities, access to education, abuse victims, socio-economic class, cultural differences, etc. It is the worst kind of elitist tripe often trotted out by "liberals", and has fortunately fallen in disfavor. Keep such studies in Canada, where apparently they are very important to some psychologists.

We know reoublicans are just as smart as everyone else. Just a quick question, which one of them said the thing about english being good enough for Jesus?

Complete and utter nonsense and projection. Just more oversimplification and intellectual laziness. If you don't even want to try to understand these subjects, it might be best to just stay out of them. Because you're just acting like a child.

A child who's still forgotten more about the subject than you will ever be capable of understanding. :lol: :lol:

Did she say words or a couple of lines were lifted?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-origin-palins-green-eggs-ham-poem

I recall her specific acknowledgement that the rhyming content came from the "Internet", communicating to the listener that the words were not her own.

It's in the CPAC video soon after the lines were delivered.

it's sometimes tough to hear the truth. it's okay. some are able to get past the denial stage.

i have a hard time not agreeing with the research done in the article Hudson posted after seeing what some of the posters on this forum write.

Edited by bud

it's sometimes tough to hear the truth sometimes. it's okay. some are able to get past the denial stage.

If one wishes to support the historic misuse and abuse of IQ measurement for wholesale discrimination for entire classes of people for some ideological agenda, that is their twisted choice. Dovetails nicely with Gov. Palin's advocacy against those who would discriminate against Down syndrome children.

A child who's still forgotten more about the subject than you will ever be capable of understanding. :lol: :lol:

I don't think that's true. Most of your posts regarding American politics are either outdated, wrong, or just blog type opinions. Take for instance tax increases. Republicans agreed to raise the top tax rate last year. How many years in a row would you like them to raise taxes? And if they adopt that position, which party in Washington will represent those who think taxes shouldn't be raised? Like I said before, you may be more comfortable with the progressive net roots conference that involves progressive speakers and democrats. They talk mostly about increasing taxes, increasing spending, abortion and gay topics on an equally unspecific platform.

If one wishes to support the historic misuse and abuse of IQ measurement for wholesale discrimination for entire classes of people for some ideological agenda, that is their twisted choice. Dovetails nicely with Gov. Palin's advocacy against those who would discriminate against Down syndrome children.

are you comparing right wingers to people with down syndrome?

you're right though.. people with ideological agendas and who discriminate against entire classes, should learn from u.s. right wingers/neo-cons, who are generally very classy people.

Edited by bud

...and Democrats agreed to leave in place all other marginal tax rates cuts from the Republicans (Bush tax cuts).

Ya actually this picture pretty much sums it up perfectly!

1920151_721093907934659_852961250_n.jpg

This is pretty much why I give a rats ass about what happens in the US political travelling road side freak show circus.

Wake me up when the drone strikes stop, public health care is established and post secondary education funding skyrockets.

Sorry if I sound cynical, but there's a good reason why the US is the greatest threat to world peace and the most backwards industrialized nation!

WWWTT

I recall her specific acknowledgement that the rhyming content came from the "Internet", communicating to the listener that the words were not her own.

It's in the CPAC video soon after the lines were delivered.

Hardly, she implied that it was a couple of lines. And her intro to it implied that she had read it so often to her other 4 children she had to spice it up for Trig.