cybercoma

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, the burden to realize these "publics" is yours.

All I can do, really, is yap about it. It will happen, or it won't.

I represent the status quo, a far easier perch to cackle from. Ultimately, I think that individual motives and actions are more important than the false promise of collective mediocrity and class envy.

Collective mediocrity IS the status quo - see Bill O'Reilly's election night lament about the status quo of class envy in the US. I'm looking for something that fosters excellence.

The proletarian drips that you seem to think will be in the publics, will likely not be included as they tend to complain at the margins. You have to actively opt-in and participate, ie. work, if you're part of the public. Even posting on a web forum is work, to a point.

I grok that it's more about squeezing power out of the powerful but I just don't see how you expect to accomplish that.

No. It's about aligning power with the involved publics. A world where left- and right- wingers both complain is a sign of a misalignment.

I keep pointing out on this thread that power has shifted, and even to the lowers earners, and even in (somewhat) recent history, but you'd rather not see that. It's true that things seldom change, but also they DO change eventually.

A lot more power still needs to be wrested away from a certain public it's already been long and closely aligned with. I just don't see how that will be accomplished without a fight.

I am very well aware of how things change and how power can shift, I live next door to a native village in the heart of a very active First Nation and I don't think you are aware of just how sweeping change can be. You and a lot of other Canadians are settling for way too less than you should be and it's been cramping and chafing my style for a long time now.

BTW what's the difference between griping about the system and griping about those who do so ? Maybe you and I aren't that different after all. In any case my real beef is with that public of sycophants and authoritarian submissives that seem to think the present alignment of power and wealth is like a piece of heaven come to Earth.

Collective mediocrity IS the status quo - see Bill O'Reilly's election night lament about the status quo of class envy in the US. I'm looking for something that fosters excellence.

I'm not...perfect is the enemy of good enough. O'Reilly is trying to sell books and ad time, not change the U.S.

The proletarian drips that you seem to think will be in the publics, will likely not be included as they tend to complain at the margins. You have to actively opt-in and participate, ie. work, if you're part of the public. Even posting on a web forum is work, to a point.

No, they would just disassociate into smaller interest groups. Look at what happened to the "Occupy" movement. It's like trying to organize anarchists....herd cats.

A lot more power still needs to be wrested away from a certain public it's already been long and closely aligned with. I just don't see how that will be accomplished without a fight.

Fights only happen when one side or another believes it has a chance of winning. Take a look at the "fight" for same-sex marriage as an example... as the opponents aged and dropped off the earth the fight didn't materialize into much of a battle at all.

BTW what's the difference between griping about the system and griping about those who do so ? Maybe you and I aren't that different after all. In any case my real beef is with that public of sycophants and authoritarian submissives that seem to think the present alignment of power and wealth is like a piece of heaven come to Earth.

I don't think you and I are very different at all. We have different realities, though, because I work with all kinds of different stakeholders all the time including people who can't see change ever coming. It does come at some point.