cybercoma

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How patronizing....how do you know what other members believe or do not believe ? The topic is rich people, not rich trolls.

I'm not sure what I meant by my own post there. I do believe that you believe your own posts. If I didn't believe that, then I would have to at least purport to believe it in absence of evidence to the contrary.

I'm not sure what I meant by my own post there. I do believe that you believe your own posts. If I didn't believe that, then I would have to at least purport to believe it in absence of evidence to the contrary.

Look, I am more than happy to play this game as member equals without any extra psychological baggage. Topics get tee'd up and we have our way with them. I ignore members who routinely melt down into pools of angry self-pity and paranoia because they are casualties of war, unable to fend for themselves here or in the "cruel hard world". Rich people ? Yeah, they are real and don't feel too sorry for us either.

But there must be a point at which even you would say that the system has too many barriers to the lower and middle earners. Individual store owners can barely make it a go anymore, for example, because of big chains. I'm asking honestly here if there are aspects of that that bother you.

I don't consider competition a barrier.

There is no competition. The entire MO of corporations and the wealthy elite is to eliminate competition. That you two can't see that tells me you don't really understand how the game works at all.

Yes there absolutely is competition. But corporations come in all shapes and sizes. It's weird to me that when you people reference corporations, you automatically think of or stereotype them as all big powerful institutions. For every one big economically powerful corporation, there are ten thousand small to medium ones. In Ontario it costs $360 dollars to incorporation a business. There are many corporations that are just a few people in size, even just single person entities. However, it's true that in general business looks to minimize their competition. That's where certain anti-trust laws etc need to be enforced. They're already on the books. See Microsoft, etc.

Competition yields winners and losers...not trophies and ribbons just for showing up.

LOL man that's freakin hilarious!!!

From one troll to another!!!

I'm starting to believe you really believe the Bill Gates does the world a service BS. You do, I honestly believe you do!

Here's the link for you to savour and enjoy!

http://ca.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0LEVjxxNulSAU8ARBkXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnV2cXQwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=140e2apek/EXP=1391044337/**http%3a//arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/08/bill-gates-still-helping-known-patent-trolls-obtain-more-patents/

WWWTT

There is no competition. The entire MO of corporations and the wealthy elite is to eliminate competition. That you two can't see that tells me you don't really understand how the game works at all.

I believe that they didn't see the evidence, or refuse to. You pick!

It is very clear that no one is worth that staggering amount of wealth.

I can see 10 or 20 bill. but 70-80???? Cmon, that's just screaming that there's something wrong with the system!

WWWTT

Bill Gates doesn't do anything for the world, but his capital does. Praise Jesus for Bill and Melinda's capital.

You mean the capital that he extracted from the working class actually helps the world???

You ever try to go into any depth to explain your comments?

Or will you just move on to another rambling incoherent comment in an attempt to deflect from the first?

WWWTT

You mean the capital that he extracted from the working class actually helps the world???

You ever try to go into any depth to explain your comments?

Or will you just move on to another rambling incoherent comment in an attempt to deflect from the first?

I don't dwell too long on the obvious...this...I leave to you.

No, the wealth that he created. It's not a zero sum game.

LOL man that's freakin hilarious!!!

From one troll to another!!!

I'm starting to believe you really believe the Bill Gates does the world a service BS. You do, I honestly believe you do!

Here's the link for you to savour and enjoy!

http://ca.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0LEVjxxNulSAU8ARBkXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnV2cXQwBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=140e2apek/EXP=1391044337/**http%3a//arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/08/bill-gates-still-helping-known-patent-trolls-obtain-more-patents/

WWWTT

Nope sorry, already have made my point that this Gates character is not worth the money.

He is taking advantage of laws that have not yet evolved to encompass the reality.

WWWTT

Monopolistic ? Friends of the government getting favours ? People who use the legal system in whatever way they can (ethical/unethical) to gain favour in terms of intellectual property etc. ?

If you insist on injecting your own personal values on such a system, only disappointment can follow. Attacking intellectual property rights is just icing on a sad cake.

If you insist on injecting your own personal values on such a system, only disappointment can follow. Attacking intellectual property rights is just icing on a sad cake.

Yep, when people start attacking private property rights, were getting to a very scary point of discussion. One that gets down to basic freedom and liberty.

Attacking intellectual property rights is just icing on a sad cake.

How can I attack intellectual property rights when asking a question ? I was asking about people who abuse the system in terms of such rights. One example may be patent trolls.

Unfortunately, I already know in advance that you'll be 'cool with it' and maybe the last sentence of your post is as much of a rise as we'll ever get out of you about anything.

How can I attack intellectual property rights when asking a question ? I was asking about people who abuse the system in terms of such rights. One example may be patent trolls.

Unfortunately, I already know in advance that you'll be 'cool with it' and maybe the last sentence of your post is as much of a rise as we'll ever get out of you about anything.

Either we have property rights or we don't, and that includes "patent trolls". If you insist on injecting your version of what is fair or "abuse" then there will be disagreement.