What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

Maybe because he is Charles Anthony? Or Greg? Or Michael Hardner?

Keep in mind, this is their site and they will do as they please.

But without US, they are only three guys looking at each other on a Friday night asking each other "what's next?"

I personally give a ratt's ass what they do with this site.

Life goes on without it! Maybe even a little better without it!

WWWTT

I've thought that too at times ... maybe if this board stayed a one trick pony, it would die of boredom.

I've thought that too at times ... maybe if this board stayed a one trick pony, it would die of boredom.

Exactly. What would be the point of frequenting an internet forum where everone agreed with you?

Never visit the site!

If everyone did this for a month, you'll see some changes around here fast!

You first, make it two months and we will see how much better it gets,

It actually was pretty good for a week or two.....say werent you gone for somewhere around that time?

Maybe you are on to something.

You first, make it two months and we will see how much better it gets,

It actually was pretty good for a week or two.....say werent you gone for somewhere around that time?

Maybe you are on to something.

LOL!

If you feel that strong about MLW, then maybe MLW is all you got going in your life buddy?

There are a few of you that I have seen that cling on to this site like it's all you have in your life.

WWWTT

When you come back to read comments, but not sign in, you are still supporting this site by keeping the traffic up!

Want to send the mods a message?

Never visit the site!

WWWTT

OK get on with that will ya. Let us know how it turns out, but we are in no hurry to hear. See ya.

When you come back to read comments, but not sign in, you are still supporting this site by keeping the traffic up!

Want to send the mods a message?

Never visit the site!

WWWTT

I don't check the comments regularily. I visit the site maybe once every 2-3 months, not log in, just see what's up.

In the faint hope that it might improve. It has not...

And to be honest, it's not you flks that bother me the most, though many of you are childish and rude, or seem to enjoy playing sock-puppet which is kinda boring.

By the way other forums don't have this problem, because they are properly managed.

Adieu

(Manny was here)

I honestly don't understand the abhorrence that has been displayed towards suggestions for categories such as:

Women in Politics or

Women in Science and Technologies

Surely, the men here can understand the unique challenges that women face in these industries and many others. Let's say that these categories attract more women to this forum. Is that a bad thing or good thing? I would suggest it is a good thing.

We have categories of 'Religion' which is certainly a minority of Canadians, whereas women make up at least 50% of the Canadian population. Shouldn't the categories here reflect the population of Canada?

Doing what we can to encourage women to join this forum is certainly not silly.

Now, I expect some of the men here will come back with 'start a topic in the regular categories'. Well, I did that and did anyone notice the responses? They were clearly sexist and did not contribute at all to the topic being raised.

We have 2 women actively posting here, Jaycee and Kimmy. BC Chick from time to time. And all of them contribute valuable content to this forum and this forum would decline without their contributions. I just wish that BC Chick would contribute more and I would ask that she post her reasons why she doesn't contribute more. Perhaps we can learn from her answers.

If we can attract more women to this forum to discuss 'women in politics' or 'women in science and technology' is that a bad thing. And it is clearly not forcing women to contribute through artificial means. It is attracting women through web content, nothing else. There is nothing sinister going on here with my suggestion. I am not suggesting we cut off the balls of the men here. I'm not suggesting that women get a list of lesbian bars or a thread that discusses why women hate men.

Honestly, it's pretty innocent with no sinister thoughts towards men.

Doing what we can to encourage women to join this forum is certainly not silly.

You haven't made us understand anything about that. Women don't only want to talk about 'women's issues' (whatever that is) if they're interested in politics. People interested in politics want to...talk abut politics.

You haven't made us understand anything about that. Women don't only want to talk about 'women's issues' (whatever that is) if they're interested in politics. People interested in politics want to...talk abut politics.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you elaborate? And did I mention 'women's issues'. No, I didn't. I mentioned 'women in politics' and 'women in science and technology'. Men don't have to contribute to these categories if they won't want to. No one is forcing anyone to contribute. The idea is to attract more women for other women like us can converse with them. Do you get it?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you elaborate? And did I mention 'women's issues'. No, I didn't. I mentioned 'women in politics' and 'women in science and technology'.

I don't understand the purpose or why anyone would care to discuss those subjects. It's as if you think women can't stand on their own as individuals unless you take out men.

Honestly, we don't want to take you guys out, nor do we want to cut your balls off. I just want more women contributing to this forum.

Me too. Get them interested in politics, and I'm sure they'll come. There's (still) nowhere better.

If there is no where better, why aren't they here? I'm pretty sure plenty of women are interested in politics, don't be so condescending.

I'm not so sure they are (at least not the same way that men are). I've even shown you studies that show they're not as interested as men.

I'm not so sure they are (at least not the same way that men are). I've even shown you studies that show they're not as interested as men.

You've shown me studies. Good for you! You are an expert on women in politics. Forgive me if I ignore your studies. You have been led down the garden path by members here who assume that women are not interested in politics.

As I have said previously, I can find just as many studies that show the opposite so I refuse to engage in this ridiculous argument with you.

As I have said previously, I can find just as many studies that show the opposite so I refuse to engage in this ridiculous argument with you.

You didn't do that though. You just dismissed the studies out of hand because....?

Why do you look for studies to see if women are interested in politics?

You said they were. I had remembered happening upon a study that said the exact opposite. When I went to look for it to challenging what I saw as your misguided beliefs, I found that there was more than one.

You said they were. I had remembered happening upon a study that said the exact opposite. When I went to look for it to challenging what I saw as your misguided beliefs, I found that there was more than one.

Right, so you believe that women don't care about politics? Is that your belief? And why would you care that I said they were and why would you question it?