Harper Conservatives 'stifling' innovation

waldo

as I recall, the only thing you've had to say about what Harper Conservatives have actually done relates to tax credits... a credit I believe you claim to have exercised with your, uhhh.... "multi-national company"! Sucking at the teet, hey? :lol:

the critical reports/findings are there for you to continue to ignore: STIC, Conference Board of Canada, World Economic Forum, Canada Research Chair... keep ignoring while you suckle!

Um no...you forgot the whole fact that GERD funding under the Harper watch has gone up 15%. Did I not make that bold enough for you?

That's funny....sucking at the teet. You really don't know what SR&ED is. We pay the money up front and then get reimbursed IF we make money. They don't give you money directly it comes off your taxable income. Its still a risk to the company but you wouldn't have the slightest clue about that as the only risk you face is whether the fruit is still good.

Now....from what I have gathered from your past posts....you live in BC.(Of course, another thing that you are scared to post) I would personally like to thank you as we finished a project there last year funded by the province of BC (ie BC taxpayers like yourself) and it netted just over 300k in profit. RIght out of the ol' waldo's pocket. Of course your contribution might not be that much as Overwaitea isn't paying as much lately.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um no...you forgot the whole fact that GERD funding under the Harper watch has gone up 15%. Did I not make that bold enough for you?

That's funny....sucking at the teet. You really don't know what SR&ED is. We pay the money up front and then get reimbursed IF we make money. They don't give you money directly it comes off your taxable income. Its still a risk to the company but you wouldn't have the slightest clue about that as the only risk you face is whether the fruit is still good.

- basic research funding down under 'the Harper watch'

- R&D funding down under 'the Harper watch' => 2010-2012/2013 (2013 StatCan projection)

time to reinforce the absolute stupidity of your analysis... your psychic analysis:

From that example of your "business expertise/prowess", you presume to lay down definitive and absolute claims... all the while ignoring that any of your claims are predicated upon GDP (which, timing dependent, may itself only be at an estimate/projection level) and R&D funding forecasts, estimates, targets, commitments... all of which may or may not result in actual R&D funding being applied. It's absolutely laughable that your whole premise, your definitive and absolute statements are subject to multiple layers of estimation, of projection. Like I said... you're clearly psychic!

and yes, I purposely highlighted the tax credit... in line with the Canada Research Chair's comment that little progress has been made/little has changed, in regards the fact the bulk of Harper Conservative support for business research has been through indirect mechanisms, such as tax credits; suggesting that more direct measures are needed. Clearly, you're content with the failed status quo! As confirmed by CRA, "the SR&ED Program is the largest single source of federal government support for industrial R&D".

Now....from what I have gathered from your past posts....you live in BC.(Of course, another thing that you are scared to post) I would personally like to thank you as we finished a project there last year funded by the province of BC (ie BC taxpayers like yourself) and it netted just over 300k in profit. RIght out of the ol' waldo's pocket. Of course your contribution might not be that much as Overwaitea isn't paying as much lately.

more of your continued insults, hey?

note: in the spirit of moving this thread away from the purposeful distraction and avoidance of the actual STIC report findings, I have provided recent posts that also speak to review and critical assessment on Canada's innovation performance/standing... posts relative to the Conference Board of Canada, to the World Economic Forum and a personal assessment from the Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law.

Edited by waldo

note: in the spirit of moving this thread away from the purposeful distraction and avoidance of the actual STIC report findings, I have provided recent posts that also speak to review and critical assessment on Canada's innovation performance/standing... posts relative to the Conference Board of Canada, to the World Economic Forum and a personal assessment from the Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law.

as I recall, the only thing you've had to say about what Harper Conservatives have actually done relates to tax credits... a credit I believe you claim to have exercised with your, uhhh.... "multi-national company"! Sucking at the teet, hey? :lol:

the critical reports/findings are there for you to continue to ignore: STIC, Conference Board of Canada, World Economic Forum, Canada Research Chair... keep ignoring while you suckle!

Edited by Accountability Now

If this was a heavy weight fight, the ref woulda stopped this one a long time ago. Somebody help waldo off the mat, for God's sake!

:lol: your assessment certainly carries weight on the board! Don't hesitate to actually comment on the STIC report, on the Conference Board of Canada findings, on the World Economic Forum survey/findings, on the personal assessment from the Canada Research Chair.

will the 3rd time be the charm?