Parliament employees face a lifetime ban on revealing information

An article in the Toronto Star this morning December 12, 2013 reveals the Harper administration for what it is - crooks looking to hide their less than stellar activities from ever being made public.

In particular Stephen Harper may have the largest stake in this as his office staff likely are privy to things he'd prefer were never made public.

Who else can we think of in that same pickle?

The name Dalton McGuinty comes to mind.

I've spent a lot of time investigating his activities and they read like he orchestrated a crime wave against Ontario.

Harper seems to have his own skeletons in the closet and the last thing he wants are those skeletons out walking around and blabbing.

The issue though is larger than this. Preventing MP staff from ever talking sends the message that there is something to hide whether or not there is.

Do we have another institution already in place running along those same lines?

Yes we do. It's called the Medical Sector. It is made up of highly educated individuals whose morals, ethics and motives are no different than anyone else's on a demographic basis.

What is different is that they are protected almost totally from public scrutiny. They are a large group of people who have access to large amounts of public money. They can write their own cheques with large numbers on them without interference or supervision. They can kill and maim people at will and never get caught. When they commit such infractions, they're protected by the regulatory body - the College of Physicians and Surgeons Ontario. There are similar bodies in other provinces. As a sector, there is more crime and corruption than in any other sector on the planet.

When a medical crime is committed, it's almost always investigated by the regulatory body first, not the police. Kiss valuable evidence goodbye. No one in any medical regulatory is trained in forensics, nor does that body have jurisdiction when a crime has been committed. No one wants to believe a colleague has committed a crime. So deaf ears are turned enmass. The doctor who got blow jobs right in the operating room from immobilized patients is a great example if you need one. The patient accounts were discredited for years.

That is what the Harper Government is trying to steer parliament towards.

It's already tough enough to nail these people when they commit crimes without making it worse.

It's a way of providing a sanctioned protection so powerful it would take an armed revolution to overthrow.

It's a large step away from transparency and democracy.

Millions of people have fought long and hard to give us democracy. The Harper government is trying to diminish the power of the electorate with this bid to gag people who not only work for us, they are our legal pipeline into what really goes on. They are an important line of defense that keeps our politicians somewhat honest.

If you enjoy democracy, don't want a dictatorship, write a letter to your MP and tell that person this term in office will be their last if this initiative is successful.

To read the article, cut and paste the title of this thread into your browser and click on it.

In my view, this initiative is against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms Sections 1 and Section 2, line item b.

By protesting to your MP you'll be validating the time you've invested in this site and also that of its original creator. Exercise your democratic rights in a way that really will count. Go for it right now.

Edited by gullyfourmyle

Maybe if other PM's controlled thier MP's a little better we would have had alot less real scandals. And since you brought up dalton. I just don't get it how people put harper and dalton together. Harper is a honest man, the most honest we have had in decades. Dalton started to lie to us in the 1st words that came out of his mouth. He never came thru with anything and destroyed the economic engine of canada, and we don't have the quebec mob making headlines about stealing everything they could get thier hands on and people want to go back to that with trudeau. And your remarks about harper steering us toward people like doctors getting away with stuff, makes me wonder what planet you are from . If you think all this stuff takes place since harper came around is a crock of shit. Harper is cracking down on people that have been enjoying huge entitlements that the rest of us could only dream about. And why don't you worry about the real people with real problems like the elderly shutting down thier heat, because of the hydro bills? You must work for the goverment in some capacity to write such crap as this.

Edited by PIK

You didn't provide a link......but you DO know of course that this is not a Harper/Conservative initiative? It's an all-party Parliamentary internal committee and as the article says:

The agreement, first reported by CBC News, was quietly approved in March by the all-party board of internal economy, which oversees the budgets and operations of MPs’ offices.

If it was such a big deal, the NDP and Liberals would have been up in arms - but they obviously went along with it. That's because it's not a big deal.

Here's the link: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/12/11/parliament_employees_face_lifetime_ban_on_revealing_information.html

I could be wrong on this but CTV's Bob Fife, has a commerical telling Canadians that he gets much of his information in the halls of Parliament and this is what triggered the founding of the Senate Scandal.

I remember that topaz and I was wondering did he just get some people fired. lol Edited by PIK

It is also the toronto star, the same paper that said mulroney had little to do with ending aparthied except to make money off of it. But mandela himself had a lot of praise for how mulroney helped end aparthied.When it comes to harper or any other conservative, don't bel;ieve what the star has to say. Why are they not making a scene out of what just happened in caladonia.

You two still upset they were dead on right about your boy Ford huh?

Wheres caladonia? Never heard of it.

Caledonia. Sorry. But the only thing that bothered me about ford was the way the media wnet about it. Now I hope this reporter goes thru with his case against ford. Because I think ford will win that hands down.

But the only thing that bothered me about ford was the way the media wnet about it. Now I hope this reporter goes thru with his case against ford. Because I think ford will win that hands down.

Agreed , printing truth, facts,honest to goodness quotes....damn media.

aint nobody got time for truth and facts !

BTW , Ford cant win, he can only lose

There's a lot of noise around this issue but when you break it down, a neighbour phoned Ford to tell him that someone was sneaking around the back of his house. Regardless of why Dale said he was there, it is not acceptable for anyone - including a journalist - to be sneaking around someone's backyard in the evening. Any homeowner would be concerned - and upset. It is outside the bounds of responsible journalisn - and any sane court will arrive at that conclusion - and Ford's ramblings will be understood as rightful frustration, if not anger.

Edited by Keepitsimple

From now? It's been a major part of their mandate for decades.

Agreed....but it's reached rediculous levels with their college reporters inserting opinions in just about every "news" article. Editorials and opinions should be in that section - not insinuated into every news article. They are a desperate "newspaper", deteriorating into a Left wing tabloid/rag.

It is also the toronto star, the same paper that said mulroney had little to do with ending aparthied except to make money off of it. But mandela himself had a lot of praise for how mulroney helped end aparthied.When it comes to harper or any other conservative, don't bel;ieve what the star has to say. Why are they not making a scene out of what just happened in caladonia.

The Toronto Star is wrong if it fails to acknowledge that Mulroney was anti-apartheid. Mulroney, like Diefenbaker, was vocal in his opposition to apartheid. But the Toronto Star, like other mainstream media, has failed to point out that in 1989, Stephen Harper co-founded the Northern Foundation, a far right organization that supported the pro-apartheid government of South Africa. Perhaps this is why Stephen Harper has never declined to sign the nomination papers for Rob Anders every time there's a federal election.

Even the Toronto Star lacks the balls to point this out.