All The Old Timers Still Kicking It, Eh?

Remiel

Again. Read what I meant to say, not what you think I meant to say. Again. It's not my problem if you insist on interpreting what I said instead of what I said I meant to say when I said what I said I meant to say. Capice? :rolleyes:

I actually disabled those stupid rolling eyes for a long time (with cc advise) just because AW used them so often! Ignore function was much more effective!

WWWTT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we kill this thread please ? It's ...

Why?

Because it went off-topic? It went off-topic long time ago - starting with post #5!

Because the topic spiralled down to sleaze? It did that a long time ago - starting with post #5!

This thread had become a hard-hitting banter thread that addresses one of the big problems on this site!

Take a look at post #5!

Edited by betsy

I actually disabled those stupid rolling eyes for a long time (with cc advise) just because AW used them so often! Ignore function was much more effective!

WWWTT

I, myself, love using those rolling eyes. Rolling eyes icon accurately emotes the response to what so many of the posts rightly deserve. Rolling of eyes.

I agree with you, though. For those who have an aversion to rolling eyes - there's always the ignore button.

Edited by betsy

I get the impression that Betsy and Shady were stung by Kimmy and it still rankles. And I think I could even provide citations. :lol:

With me, it's not Kimmy that makes it rankle.

I'm still stung about the fact that a topic I posted which was accompanied by an explained premise in my own words, (with supporting video evidences) suddenly got taken off.

I posted my complaint on this section - and the response I got from Charles Anthony was not only so flimsy ("the reasons has already been pointed out on this thread"), but the reason he was pointing out came from Gosthacked (and Kimmy). Their reason? The topic was, in their view, "redundant."

First of all, the topic was not redundant since it was addressing a different angle!

Second, who are these posters to lord it over this site that they can get a topic scrapped? Which topic to get taken seriously....and which topic to get trashed?

I got suspended. Did Kimmy ever was? With all the insults and thrashing of topics, along with her cohorts?

Here, look at the way they trashed this topic. Kimmy and the usual suspects.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/23105-nasas-tetrad-and-the-coming-four-blood-moons/

I complained about that. But that was okay for Charles A apparently. Nothing wrong with that, it seems.

And what's she done now with this thread? Turned it into an AW-bashing and denigrating thread.

And now that we're dealing with it in our own way (and letting off steam).....here comes Charles to intervene:

"Let's kill this thread. It's....."

because....it's now rightly beating up Kimmy. :rolleyes:

Somehow, it seems Kimmy is like a protected endangered specie. With special privileges.

That's what still rankles.

Now I'll definitely be banned. And this topic will either be pulled out. Or locked. Or, swept under the rug.

So, if you never hear from old-timer betsy again - here's a Merry Christmas to all.

We've had some fun in the good old glory days of MLF. At least I did. Thank you for that.

Edited by betsy

Why?

Because it went off-topic? It went off-topic long time ago - starting with post #5!

Because the topic spiralled down to sleaze? It did that a long time ago - starting with post #5!

This thread had become a hard-hitting banter thread that addresses one of the big problems on this site!

Take a look at post #5!

Actually, I believe post #5 was meant to be a joke. I realize that some internet dwellers have no sense for that.

With me, it's not Kimmy that makes it rankle.

I'm still stung about the fact that a topic I posted which was accompanied by an explained premise in my own words, (with supporting video evidences) suddenly got taken off.

I posted my complaint on this section - and the response I got from Charles Anthony was not only so flimsy ("the reasons has already been pointed out on this thread"), but the reason he was pointing out came from Gosthacked (and Kimmy). Their reason? The topic was, in their view, "redundant."

First of all, the topic was not redundant since it was addressing a different angle!

Second, who are these posters to lord it over this site that they can get a topic scrapped? Which topic to get taken seriously....and which topic to get trashed?

I got suspended. Did Kimmy ever was? With all the insults and thrashing of topics, along with her cohorts?

Here, look at the way they trashed this topic. Kimmy and the usual suspects.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/23105-nasas-tetrad-and-the-coming-four-blood-moons/

I complained about that. But that was okay for Charles A apparently. Nothing wrong with that, it seems.

And what's she done now with this thread? Turned it into an AW-bashing and denigrating thread.

And now that we're dealing with it in our own way (and letting off steam).....here comes Charles to intervene:

"Let's kill this thread. It's....."

Somehow, it seems Kimmy is like a protected endangered specie. With special privileges.

That's what still rankles.

Now I'll definitely be banned. And this topic will either be pulled out. Or locked. Or, swept under the rug.

So, if you never hear from old-timer betsy again - here's a Merry Christmas to all.

We've had some fun in the good old glory days of MLF. At least I did. Thank you for that.

Her and her cohorts are generally trolls. I just pretty much ignore them for now on. Once in a while they'll post something of actual substance. But unfortunately it's few and far between.

I don't feel "beaten up" at all, Betsy. I don't feel harmed by your (and Shady's) whining at all. By all means continue. Get it out of your system.

I suspect that Michael Hardner's plea for the thread to end is because your (and Shady's) outburst was cringe-inducing and caused him to feel bad for you. That's just my guess.

Your assumption that I must be happy to see an end of AW must be because I suffered some crushing defeat at her hands is incorrect. In leaping to that conclusion, I think you're projecting your own feelings.

She did get the better of me once; 2009 I think it was. I think the fact that she recently quoted something I wrote in 2008 to try to discredit me says plenty about where things stood between us.

I have never been reluctant to confront her arguments and her arguing style. And with her departure made official, I can now add that she was obnoxious, self-righteous, pedantic, and tedious.

And by the way, I think that my response to your "Blood Moon" thread was more polite and more thoughtful than the topic deserved.

-k

Beat me by four months.

I think there's about ten or twelve senior members who have been around a long time, and then various people who come and go after a few months or years. You and MH, Scriblet, Kimmy, me and August are the ones who come mainly to mind.

Exactly.

AW must've had the upper hand in a discussion and Kimmy still hasn't recovered - Kimmy's nose is obviously still out of joint! :D

Ice pack will help. Maybe.

The problem with AW was that, though she was never a troll(unlike certain of her countrymen), and though she was, I think, honestly making an effort at discussion, she had a highly irritating habit of seizing on irrelevancies and doggedly insisting on making them the priority of the conversation. And no on I ever met online could cling so tenaciously to an irrelevent 'point' like she could. She could try the patience of a saint.

It's a thread discussing "old timers". I think that the recent, highly public departure of one of the oldest of the "old timers" is quite topical.

I think that she will join the likes of Mr Canada and Oleg Bach as community legends who are remembered long past their retirement.

-k

I miss Oleg. The posts were really cryptic, and funny at the same time.

The problem with AW was that, though she was never a troll(unlike certain of her countrymen), and though she was, I think, honestly making an effort at discussion, she had a highly irritating habit of seizing on irrelevancies and doggedly insisting on making them the priority of the conversation. And no on I ever met online could cling so tenaciously to an irrelevent 'point' like she could. She could try the patience of a saint.

That's a very good description Argus ...

of a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Edited by jacee

Merry Christmas to all foiks of good cheer!

It has never mattered if someone agreed or disagreed with another forum member. All that matters is if people stay "civilized."

All the very best to those who return the feeling.

May any others always get as they give!

That's a very good description Argus ...

of a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

But I don't think it was deliberate. I think it was who she was.

Well, uh, now that we have had a nice rousing discussion that reminds me of why I decided to stop posting here while I had other opportunities for debating elsewhere, maybe we can get back to the normal day to day grind of cryptically insulting each other in context of a normal, not meta, topic of discussion , :rolleyes: .

Though I kind of appreciate the reminder about what AW was like. I know back earlier it was suggested that she would become a "legend of the forum" like Oleg, but I was actually having a hard time remembering my impression of her. Every time I come back I tend to have forgotten a lot of the behaviours and political positions I associate even with those members whose names I remember well enough. Only some, mainly the old timers, remain clear.

Edited by Remiel

Pay attention to wise words said by Perry Farrell in the beginning of the video. Everybody, let's enjoy and unite!

I remember what my old friend who died recently said, not to long before he died actually, mostly of a life lived fairly hard. He never hitch-hiked but I'd often pick him up anyway as he walked back and forth between the res and town and we got to talking old times like we usually did. I said "Larry, I remember back in the day you used to pick a lot of fights with some of the white guys in town but you never picked on any of us over on our side of the bay and I never could figure out why?" He laughed and said, "You guys were different". "How?" I said, and he replied, "You hippies would invite us into your homes to have a beer now and then and that was really different".

Edited by eyeball