Kerry isn't much of a leader

I'm not quite happy with either leader.

Kerry is too wishy-washy. When the first vote for the Iraq war was taking place, he could have been Anti Iraq war. But he wussed out, and has been fighting his vote for the Iraq war ever since.

Howard Dean screwed himself with the "screaming" speech he had a couple of month ago.

When Bush says a speech, you get the idea of him really talking to you. His speeches may not be the elite kind, but he can get his message across.

When Kerry says a speech, you get the feeling that he i sayig the speech, not talking to you.

Kerry is too wishy-washy. When the first vote for the Iraq war was taking place, he could have been Anti Iraq war. But he wussed out, and has been fighting his vote for the Iraq war ever since.

Kerry's position on Iraq has been consistent from Day One. Kerry had called for a broad international coalition to confront Saddam Hussein, and going to war only as a last resort. Like most senators, he thought Bush needed the authority - it passed the Senate 77-23, and Kerry was one of 29 Democrats who supported it. However, Kerry believes Bush misused that authority.

When Bush says a speech, you get the idea of him really talking to you. His speeches may not be the elite kind, but he can get his message across

Bush is a horrible orator. Even if one puts aside his garbled syntax, he deliver's his speeches flatly, staring ahead at the teleprompter, eyes glazed over. But then, maybe that's the appeal.

But that Yes vote on the first vote of the Iraq war costed him during the Democratic race. Howard Dean was set to win but he screwed up, and Kerry picked up from it.

"Kerry's position on Iraq has been consistent from Day One. Kerry had called for a broad international coalition to confront Saddam Hussein, and going to war only as a last resort. Like most senators, he thought Bush needed the authority - it passed the Senate 77-23, and Kerry was one of 29 Democrats who supported it. However, Kerry believes Bush misused that authority"

Thanks Black Dog...I was beginning to think I was the only one who knew that ...and the fact that he "voted against it after he voted for it" simply means Georgie's creditability wasn't worth a sh after the first time Kerry trusted him. Yet where are the kudos to Kerry for making a stand on the second vote? Even tho his party caved and insisted he do the same....I believe that is called not wavering...He did not allow the election to influence his vote...unlike the Republicans...

who do it all the time...If they didn't always USE the tragic events of 9/11 to bolster their campaign...they wouldn't have a pot to pee in....thats all they got! how sad and sick is that!

Like most senators, he thought Bush needed the authority - it passed the Senate 77-23, and Kerry was one of 29 Democrats who supported it. However, Kerry believes Bush misused that authority
WTF? I give you the authority to buy a new computer system and then when you buy the system, I'm upset? "I didn't really mean for you to buy a system... I was only giving you the authority to buy one... " WTF?

I once had a boss like that. I realized he was a jerk and quit.

But Kerry is a member of the US senate!

WTF? I give you the authority to buy a new computer system and then when you buy the system, I'm upset? "I didn't really mean for you to buy a system... I was only giving you the authority to buy one... " WTF?

It's really not that tough to grasp. Think of it more like giving police the power to use force when making an arrest. Doe sthat power mean cops can simply shoot any suspect they please? No. It merely gives them that option to use as a last resort. That was the intent of the Iraq vote: to give the president the power to authorize the use of force, not an endorsment of the use of force.

While Bush was out getting drunk and sniffing coke at the age of 27, Kerry was coming back from Vietnam and head of Veterans Against Veitnam, speaking to Congress and getting the attention of Pres. Nixon and other aides.

He has shown me enough leadership in comparison to the incumbent!

I think Gen. Clark would have been the best Democratic Candidate. He has a great resume and is an anti-Iraq war voice!

BD!

You touch on one point that has amazed me for the past four years. Bush is an effective communicator and debater even though he is inarticulate and rather stupid. Obviously in the age of sound bites and mass communication of short shorts, that is what sells to the average. Just like Commercial TV in America, particularly. Oh, and there "comedy" sitcoms.

Maybe the elections are a fit issue for the "dumbing down of society" discussion.

Remember when Lincoln and Douglas debated with speeches lasting up to four hours? Remember how Churchill stirred a nation and the Free World with his oratory?

Today, it seems that anything longer than 30 seconds is too long; and spare the analysis - just give me "facts"

Even an explanatory pamphlet is too much for most, it seems.

Bush could win the debates and the election simply because he speaks the language of the illiterate and blissfully ignorant.

You touch on one point that has amazed me for the past four years. Bush is an effective communicator and debater even though he is inarticulate and rather stupid. Obviously in the age of sound bites and mass communication of short shorts, that is what sells to the average.

Exactly. There's a strong strain of anti-intellectualism running through American culture. Clinton was derided as "slick", while Kerry is being painted as a stuffy elitist out of touch with middle America. The fact that George Bush wouldn't know middle America if he ran it over with his limo. It doesn't matte rthat george Bush is a Conneticutt born, Ivy-League attending scoin of wealth and privilege: his image is that of "plain folks", of a God-fearin' everyday Joe that the average American can relate to. The very real disconnect between the image and reality doesn't even register. And it certainly doesn't register on TV.