why is the u.s. suddenly crying about the use of chemical weapons?

bud

Guest American Woman

I don't think it's that odd considering I formerly lived there and don't anymore. Saying otherwise would suggest I still live there and I don't. I think it's more odd that you would latch on that at the expense of the topic at hand. What is it about my emigration 30 years ago that you think might be "very relevant?"

I know plenty of people who have emigrated - Americans who have moved abroad and foreigners who now live here - and none of them have ever refered to themselves as "former Americans"/"former Norwegians"-et al, and they aren't, unless they were to renounce their citizenship - thus my questioning if you had renounced your Israeli citizenship, as I said; however, I said nothing about your emigration to Canada. I hope that help clear things up for you.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Not really, since you avoided my question entirely. How is how I describe my relationship to my former home "very relevant?"

I didn't say "how [you] describe your relationship to [your] former home" is "very relevant;" I said it may be very relevant - and to explain, for what it could imply. As I said, I know of no one who refers to themselves as a "former" citizen, as it implies cutting ties/citizenship with said country, and such a mindset, IMO, could affect their views. You, however, explained yourself and your reasoning; I was simply trying to explain to you why I questioned it, since you didn't let it drop. I really do hope that helps, as I won't be addressing this with you any more.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

I didn't say I was a former citizen. Don't put words in my mouth. I said I am a former Israeli, as in a person who formerly lived in Israel. But I can see why you now realize it's a peculiar thing to harp on.

I didn't say you did say you were a former citizen; your entire post is nothing but putting words in my mouth and attempting to speak for me. :rolleyes:

Edited by American Woman

As I said, I know of no one who refers to themselves as a "former" citizen, as it implies cutting ties/citizenship with said country, and such a mindset, IMO, could affect their views.

I didn't say I was a former citizen. Don't put words in my mouth. I said I am a former Israeli, as in a person who formerly lived in Israel. But I can see why you now realize it's a peculiar thing to harp on.

I didn't say you did say you were a former citizen; your entire post is nothing but putting words in my mouth and attempting to speak for me. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest American Woman

My apologies. I didn't realize when you said you know of no one who refer to himself as a former citizen, you were including me. But how am I attempting to speak for you? I'm only trying to understand what you're trying to say (or imply).

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to you when I said "you explained yourself and your reasoning," so, for the love of God, do you think you could stick a fork in it?

I love Israel and always will so don't try to bring that into it. Tell me how the policy is "different." Specifically, beyond the chumminess of the leaders, what has changed?

So this is your only response? I show that the US is actively leaking Israeli state secrets and you think it's the same close chummy relationship? The Israel PM comes to the US and Obama refuses to meet with him and it's business as usual? And you can't name a president that has treated Israel like this to demonstrate it's within the norm of US/Israel relations, but think that only the 'chumminess of the leaders has changed?

Can you give any evidence that I'm wrong?

So this is your only response? I show that the US is actively leaking Israeli state secrets and you think it's the same close chummy relationship? The Israel PM comes to the US and Obama refuses to meet with him and it's business as usual? And you can't name a president that has treated Israel like this to demonstrate it's within the norm of US/Israel relations, but think that only the 'chumminess of the leaders has changed?

Can you give any evidence that I'm wrong?

"Bush Snubs Netanyahu on Israel Visit

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124825

"Reagan is Scapegoating Israel"

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/12/15/opinion/reagan-is-scapegoating-israel.html

If you want to quit playing games, let me know.

Your first link shows Bush refusing to meet with the opposition leader, not the PM.

Your second link is an opinion piece about how a journalist feels about an issue regarding Reagan.

Neither of these even begin to come close to a policy change regarding Israel. Did you even read them?

Edited by sharkman

So you agree that your links prove nothing? At least we agree on something. Perhaps 2 things since you couldn't find any previous presidents who have done anything which approaches what Obama has been doing. That in itself is proof enough of this new policy he's implemented.

He's also distanced Russia, who now gets to dangle Snowden in front of him and of course side with Syria(with gusto) on any military action or even vote in the UN. A fine job he's doing.

Guest American Woman

He's also distanced Russia, who now gets to dangle Snowden in front of him and of course side with Syria(with gusto) on any military action or even vote in the UN. A fine job he's doing.

Obama had a meeting planned with Putin before the whole Snowden deal went down. He didn't "distance Russia;" Russia distanced Russia.

But Obama quotes like this have certainly not helped.

I know the press likes to focus on body language, and he's got that kind of slouch, looking like the bored kid in the back of the classroom.

To be fair, it may well have been Russia doing the initial distancing, but sniping at Putin in the media is not productive.

sharkman, you still haven't shown policy change towards israel.

what you are showing is the obvious and understandable dislike for netanyahu. it's quite silly to harp on obama for not liking bibi, considering it is netanyahu and the current israeli government who has been nothing but disrespectful and rude to obama, the president of united states. this is the president and country who gives israel over $3 billion each year. this is the country that stands up for israel in the UN. why is netanyahu and the israeli government so arrogant? what kind of a friend would do this?

here are two totally disrespectful actions by netanyahu and his government:

1) when netanyahu made an ad supporting the president's opponent during u.s. elections? what a stupid mistake.

2) how about when the israeli government, disrespectfully and arrogantly, announced settlement expansion, a day before the vice president were to arrive in israel for talks about peace negotiations?

Clinton: Israeli settlement announcement insulting

Edited by bud

That's pretty funny, you really hate Israel don't you? I can't help you with that and unfortunately it disqualifies you from being trustworthy in matters pertaining to Israel. Keep the threads coming though, they are kind of funny.

The haters are about as trustworthy as the lovers.

All this is just typical of western retards trying to argue the middle-east from a position of authority from thousands of miles away. At the very best they achieve the intellectual level of hardcore sports fans. Go Israel! Boo Israel!

The facts of a given situation are what should matter, but of course whether one's biases, yours included, allow one to see them objectively is the question. What's on the table is the Israel/US diplomatic relationship, and whether anything has changed under Obama. It's plain that the two sides are not talking much, facts are facts. It's also a fact that US officials leaked sensitive information about Israeli staging areas, thus damaging Israel's efforts to protect her perceived interests.

It's also clear that Russia is damaging Obama's efforts to bomb Syria. If you do more than read short summaries of the news you can be surprised at all of the moves going on.

It's also clear that Russia is damaging Obama's efforts to bomb Syria. If you do more than read short summaries of the news you can be surprised at all of the moves going on.

Who care if Russia is doing that?

It's plain that the two sides are not talking much, facts are facts.

And this is your evidence of a policy change regarding Israel? ROFLMAO.

It's also a fact that US officials leaked sensitive information about Israeli staging areas, thus damaging Israel's efforts to protect her perceived interests.

Probably because the US will end up holding the bag if Isreal attacks yet another one of its neighbors.

Edited by dre