Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they weren't willing to spread it for free.

In a campaign to improve its image abroad, the Israeli government plans to provide scholarships to hundreds of students at its seven universities in exchange for their making pro-Israel Facebook posts and tweets to foreign audiences.

Link

It could be worse. They could follow the lead of the Palestinian governments and pay students to blow themselves up in attacks against Israelis. You gotta look on the bright side of things.

Guest American Woman

I guess they weren't willing to spread it for free.

How do you know they weren't willing to spread "propaganda" positive comments about Israel for free? Do you have any proof that the applicants haven't made any pro-Israel comments on Facebook/Twitter/et al in the past?

Edited by American Woman

I was fairly certain that suicide bombers families get cash rewards. No?

What the PA gives to Palestinians who have fought to defend the Palestinians and their cause, which have resulted in civilian death, is pretty much like what Israel, U.S., Canada and many other countries' approach to their soldiers who have also killed many civilians. The end result is that civilians are killed and those who are part of the system to kill civilians are being honoured and paid by their governments.

Now, Shady, how is the "Palestinian government paying students to blow themselves up"? You are once again trying to wiggle your way to try to sound like your comment was right. There is no program by the Palestinian authorities to pay students to blow themselves up. Can you show proof of such a program?

Guest American Woman

What the PA gives to Palestinians who have fought to defend the Palestinians and their cause, which have resulted in civilian death, is pretty much like what Israel, U.S., Canada and many other countries' approach to their soldiers who have also killed many civilians.

No, it's not like that at all. Israel, the U.S., Canada and many other countries most definitely do not give any rewards for killing civilians; furthermore, suicde bombing isn't "fighting to defend the Palestinians and their cause" as there is absolutely no fighting involved; they are not "soldiers." Soldiers do not fight civilians.

The end result is that civilians are killed and those who are part of the system to kill civilians are being honoured and paid by their governments.

Wow. Unbelievable. Not one country you mentioned honors anyone for killing civilians, much less deliberately killing civilians.

Guest American Woman

Already answered , everyone has a price.

You cannot speak for anyone but yourself; you certainly cannot speak for me. So in other words, you have a price - and you would be willing to blow up civilians, including children, if the price was right. Unbelievable.

No, it's not like that at all. Israel, the U.S., Canada and many other countries most definitely do not give any rewards for killing civilians; furthermore, suicde bombing isn't "fighting to defend the Palestinians and their cause" as there is absolutely no fighting involved; they are not "soldiers." Soldiers do not fight civilians.

Soldiers kill civilians. On many occasions, as it has been confirmed by credible reports and investigations, it has been done deliberately. But that's besides the point. A civilian killed deliberately is just as dead as a civilian killed because of indiscriminate bombing of a building. They both have the same result.

The suicide bomb attacks by Palestinians that we were used to seeing in the past WERE a method of fighting to defend the Palestinians from the occupations. I'm not sure why you would try to say otherwise. You, myself and many others may not agree with the tactic, but it was done in response to the occupation and it was a form of resistance.

You cannot speak for anyone but yourself; you certainly cannot speak for me. So in other words, you have a price - and you would be willing to blow up civilians, including children, if the price was right. Unbelievable.

Unbelieveable? Hardly.

.......and in other news, water is wet.

My gosh, who knew? But yeah, I can speak for everyone, circumstances change and people can be desperate, ergo the price.

Guest American Woman

Unbelieveable? Hardly.

.......and in other news, water is wet.

My gosh, who knew? But yeah, I can speak for everyone, circumstances change and people can be desperate, ergo the price.

No, you can't speak for everyone. You may claim you can. You may make yourself feel better by doing so. But bottom line, you are only speaking for yourself.

Guest American Woman

Soldiers kill civilians. On many occasions, as it has been confirmed by credible reports and investigations, it has been done deliberately. But that's besides the point. A civilian killed deliberately is just as dead as a civilian killed because of indiscriminate bombing of a building. They both have the same result.

No matter how much you may try to make it 'the same,' civilians killed by bombing and civilians killed because they were singled out, because that was the purpose - to kill them, to kill civilians - is not the same. Furthermore, I don't recall any of the governments you mentioned rewarding anyone for killing civilians. I would love for you to provide a link to a source saying otherwise. I would also love a link to a government program that rewards our soldiers for killing civilians when we are at war. Far as I've seen, any rouge soldier that's gone on a killing spree has been charged, and I do have links to sources to back that up.

The suicide bomb attacks by Palestinians that we were used to seeing in the past WERE a method of fighting to defend the Palestinians from the occupations. I'm not sure why you would try to say otherwise. You, myself and many others may not agree with the tactic, but it was done in response to the occupation and it was a form of resistance.

That may have been the claim, that suicide bombings were a method of defending the Palestinians and their cause, but that doesn't make it true. If American soldiers were to start deliberately killing Muslim civilians and say it was defending the U.S. against terrorists, you think that would make it true? You think killing innocent Muslims is defending the U.S. against terrorists? Killing civilians, including babies, is no more "defending the Palestinians."

Guest American Woman

LOL!

Make myself feel better? Nothing to do with feelings, but its well known everyone has a price. Even you !

Again, you are speaking only for yourself. You can repeat your claim as often as you like, even adding "it's well known," which is no proof whatsoever, but in the end, you are only repeating your belief. You are only speaking for yourself. You cannot speak for me, as I could make all kinds of claims about you, but that wouldn't make them true.

Again, you are speaking only for yourself. You can repeat your claim as often as you like, even adding "it's well known," which is no proof whatsoever, but in the end, you are only repeating your belief. You are only speaking for yourself. You cannot speak for me, as I could make all kinds of claims about you, but that wouldn't make them true.

And you can bury your head in the sand and pretend otherwise.

Either way, the sad truth is everyone has a price wether you believe it or not.

Guest American Woman

And you can bury your head in the sand and pretend otherwise.

Either way, the sad truth is everyone has a price wether you believe it or not.

So prove it. Prove that I would do anything for a price.

Reality is, you can't; because that's only your belief, not "the truth," "sad" or otherwise.

No matter how much you may try to make it 'the same,' civilians killed by bombing and civilians killed because they were singled out, because that was the purpose - to kill them, to kill civilians - is not the same.

The result is the same: Civilians are killed. Indiscriminatory targeting a building knowing that there may be civilians in the building, but shooting the missile or dropping the bomb anyway, is pretty much the same. Collateral damage doesn't excuse the fact that civilians are killed.

Furthermore, I don't recall any of the governments you mentioned rewarding anyone for killing civilians. I would love for you to provide a link to a source saying otherwise. I would also love a link to a government program that rewards our soldiers for killing civilians when we are at war.

Airplane and helicopter pilots and most recently, drone pilots who have killed innocent civilians during their bombing fest have been rewarded with medals and recognition for defending their country. You think otherwise?

That may have been the claim, that suicide bombings were a method of defending the Palestinians and their cause, but that doesn't make it true.

Says... YOU? You have a right to your opinion, but it doesn't make it true.

If American soldiers were to start deliberately killing Muslim civilians and say it was defending the U.S. against terrorists, you think that would make it true? You think killing innocent Muslims is defending the U.S. against terrorists? Killing civilians, including babies, is no more "defending the Palestinians."

That's all fluff. American soldiers are rewarded for indiscriminatory firing rocket and missiles that kill civilians.

I never said killing babies was the right tactic or it really defends anyone. But it does have a purpose. Suicide bombing attacks, shooting missiles into buildings full of civilians, shooting WP over a UN building are all terrorist attacks and are all used in order to bring systematic fear and to coerce.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion.