Beer

Just now, bcsapper said:

I hope they export it!

Well let me give you even better news then. Yes they are! I have already quaffed some at a local pub. I kid you not, that is how I came to find out!
Went in there and asked what do they have on tap. She gives off a list of the usual nouveau-craft experiments, progressive triple pine, sour grapefruit radler... I have that kind of tired, but patient and determined look on my face... I will endure this. Then she says "Tetley's, ..." I was puzzled. Surely you don't mean Tetleys? Yes, Tetley's ale. My whole demeanor changed. Alright, please bring some. After she went off I said to my wife, "It's probably not the real thing. Some kind of faux Tetley's, I'm sure. Probably made by Molson."
And we all know what Molson did, to Rickard's Red. :(  So I sat there feeling kinda glum. Did they ruin Tetley's too?

But then it came, and I could tell right away by the colour! That same creamy white head, thick as a Guiness. Yep, the same. How do they do that, these geniuses of malt, hops and barley.

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Well let me give you even better news then. Yes they are! I have already quaffed some at a local pub. I kid you not, that is how I came to find out!
Went in there and asked what do they have on tap. She gives off a list of the usual nouveau-craft experiments, progressive triple pine, sour grapefruit radler... I have that kind of tired, but patient and determined look on my face... I will endure this. Then she says "Tetley's, ..." I was puzzled. Surely you don't mean Tetleys? Yes, Tetley's ale. My whole demeanor changed. Alright, please bring some. After she went off I said to my wife, "It's probably not the real thing. Some kind of faux Tetley's, I'm sure. Probably made by Molson."
And we all know what Molson did, to Rickard's Red. :(  So I sat there feeling kinda glum. Did they ruin Tetley's too?

But then it came, and I could tell right away by the colour! That same creamy white head, thick as a Guiness. Yep, the same. How do they do that, these geniuses of malt, hops and barley.

Wow, on tap too.  I was just hoping for some cans.

Thanks for the heads up.  Christmas is looking better already!

• 1 month later...

Woodfordes-Wherry.jpg

Woodfords wherry, brewed by an independant Brewery in Woodbaston Norfolk (just outside Norwich).

Multiple award winning ale.

A Supreme Champion Beer of Britain! Mighty fresh and zesty, our award-winning, rich amber ale enjoys floods of flavours, as sweet malts clash with grapefruit hops and big floral aromas in a sensory strike. Set sail on an epic taste adventure.

Easily my favourite beer and available in kit form for you to make your own.

https://www.woodfordes.com/shopold/brewkits/

I like this thread, and some of the names Mill house, driftwood etc.. Bring back memories of my travels.

Always found it weird how different each provinces "beer store" inventory was, and not even just in local products but imports as well

Im in Montreal now, great microbrewery culture, one is Dieu du ciel that's available in stores.

Personally im a lightweight when it comes to beer(though as my name suggests I have other vices), i like stuff like Steam whistle, clean, simple pilsner, four ingredients, hops, barley, yeast, water

On 8/6/2013 at 9:51 AM, cybercoma said:
On 8/6/2013 at 12:54 AM, kimmy said:

I would like to try all of the beers that you guys have suggested! Unfortunately, here in Kim City the liquor stores don't always have the greatest selection.-k

I feel your pain. NB has a generally poor selection.

Pump house isn't bad.

Distillerie Fils du roy makes amazing gin, ive never tried the beer but i know they brew some, have you tried that? Can't get it here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

This stuff is well worth a try...

image.jpg

One would hate to be a snob but one is not convinced that any decent ale has ever been served in an aluminium receptacle.

One would also like to draw attention to the second ''i'' in the word aluminium. 

With that said, one must depart to feed one's peacocks.

Edited by Iceni warrior

• 5 months later...

Bonjour à tous,

En tant que Belge, je confirme sans prétention que vos bières ne sont pas très bonnes. J'ai expérimenté quelques marques et j'ai découvert que les petites brasseries fabriquaient de meilleures bières. Sinon, pouvez-vous me dire s'il existe des sites ou des magasins qui vendent exclusivement de la bière belge ? 

box-de-biere-decouvrir-biere-belge.jpg

Edited by ChebelKanto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 11:41 PM, ChebelKanto said:

Hello to all,

As a Belgian, I can confirm without pretension that your beers are not very good. I have experimented with a few brands and found that small breweries make better beers. If not, can you tell me if there are sites or stores that sell exclusively Belgian beer? 

Do you think different regions have different tastes?  Should we all have a taste for Belgian beers because you like them best?

I have never heard of any store in Canada selling only Canadian beer, never mind only Belgian beer.

• 1 year later...

908665-A.jpg.thumb.1280.1280.jpg

All the attention and noise over Bud Light made me "curious". ;) 

So I decided, why not, I like trying new things. And to my surprise, find out I like it. Has a different finish than Coors lite, if you're so inclined. ;) 

In fact it is now my new preference. Having a new beer is not unlike having a new girlfriend, or what have you as the case may be. Especially when you know, it's probably not going to last that long but hey, for now, we're having fun...

On 9/5/2023 at 7:47 PM, impartialobserver said:

The brewery in America that I would say makes the best beer is Dust Bowl Brewing out of Turlock, CA with Bayern Brewing out of Missoula, MT. Had some stuff from Double Shift Brewing out of Kansas City, MO and it was pretty solid stuff. 

California, eh? Well, I don't know about that place. And I been there thrice. The way you worded that makes it sound like they make the best beer in America. Solid stuff? Generally beers are either lagers or ales. Then ya got yer malt liquors, which are also might fine, might fine.

Here's me enjoying a BA Johnson from Sawdust City.

bafb.jpg

Edited by OftenWrong