Beer

4 hours ago, Penderyn said:

Cornish, actually, but it goes down well.   The UK is full of good beers nowadays.    The Lord wants us to die happy under Brexit, even if we can't eat.

Yeah, it was always fairly easy to find a decent beer in the UK when I lived there. Yorkshire, mainly, but I used to attend CAMRA events elsewhere too.  I'm just glad the USA and Canada have caught up. When I got over here Labatt's Blue was it. 

Sorry about Brexit. I would have voted remain. I like my red passport. 

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, it was always fairly easy to find a decent beer in the UK when I lived there. Yorkshire, mainly, but I used to attend CAMRA events elsewhere too.  I'm just glad the USA and Canada have caught up. When I got over here Labatt's Blue was it. 

Sorry about Brexit. I would have voted remain. I like my red passport. 

One of my daughters was in CAMRA up in Yorkshire, Bradford possibly, and I was Chair of our Branch till I fell off.   Yes, I've heard that North American Beer has reformed, and even managed to get my hands on some.    It is a consolation to me that, at the last, beef should improve so hugely.    It used to be the quickest way out of only Manchester.    Most of my overseas relatives are in Chubut, and probably teetotal, my US ones probably shot under Prohibition, but I have still quite a lot in Seskatchewan.    Any good ale there, I wonder?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2013 at 9:49 PM, BC_chick said:

Mill St. Organic, it's a great summer beer. It's only 4% alcohol so you can drink it in the daytime too. :)

I don't know what it is about the summer that makes alcohol so good in the day. I would never crave a drink in the middle of the afternoon on a cold rainy day.

Mill St.organic beer is one of my favorites winter or summer. Cold rainy days are left for a good glass of wine. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2018 at 1:47 PM, taxme said:

Mill St.organic beer is one of my favorites winter or summer. Cold rainy days are left for a good glass of wine. 

I do like Mill St. Tankhouse as a go to when the store has nothing else that catches my eye. Like the above...

• 2 months later...

Something a little different for CD.  Pretty good.  Refreshing.  Would be nice around a BBQ on a hot summer's day.  Just finished a walk in the woods so it's very welcome.

482288.jpg

Edited by bcsapper

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who wants to get drunk really fast, try some Bull Max. I used to drink this like there was no tomorrow.  Sure., I ended up blackout drunk, and spend time in the drunk tank.  However, this stuff works.  Everything else is lightweight when you down a 7-8% beer.

bullmax01.jpg

Edited by J4L

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, J4L said:

For anyone who wants to get drunk really fast, try some Bull Max. I used to drink this like there was no tomorrow.  Sure., I ended up blackout drunk, and spend time in the drunk tank.  However, this stuff works.  Everything else is lightweight when you down a 7-8% beer.

I don't drink beer to get drunk.  I haven't been drunk for 35 years.

• 4 months later...