Should Marijuana Be Legal?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you cant test the batch as it is supposed to be sealed (locked) and only can open it in the presence ofan inspector .

You must acquire a licence for your still.

Do you think people would grow pot at home if their were similar restrictions?

Edited by Boges

Do you think people would grow pot at home if their were similar restrictions?

Some yes, most people..?...No.

The reason is with each passing day it is easier to grow your own small batch and no one is the wiser. Introduce a still (pressurized pot etc) and you bring a hazard (mild as it is) into the house and it can affect insurance and so on, ergo the risk may not be worth it.

No. We don't need more intoxicated doped up paranoid people driving around on the roads. Studies have shown that Marijuana increases your chances of lung cancer almost to the same degree as tobacco. (see link below)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/01/heavy-marijuana-smoking-may-double-risk-of-lung-cancer-canadian-study-finds/

As long as our health system is public - and my tax dollars are paying for it there is no way I would support it being legalized.

No. We don't need more intoxicated doped up paranoid people driving around on the roads.

Impaired driving would still be illegal.

Studies have shown that Marijuana increases your chances of lung cancer almost to the same degree as tobacco. (see link below)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/01/heavy-marijuana-smoking-may-double-risk-of-lung-cancer-canadian-study-finds/

As long as our health system is public - and my tax dollars are paying for it there is no way I would support it being legalized.

The taxes on legal marijuana will pay for a lot of health care.

Legalization will save a lot of tax dollars on policing, courts, jails.

It will also put criminals out of business.

You should read your link: The evidence on lung cancer is pretty sketchy.

Also maybe you could browse through the thread to review other information and rationale already presented?

Edited by jacee

Here is an interesting study on weed:

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/3142/20130724/marijuana-use-adolescents-lead-long-term-cognative-imparment.htm

IMO all this talk about legalization/decriminalization is giving teens the impression that weed is perfectly safe, even beneficial.

It's time to stop talking about legalization and just do it. This way we can divert resources towards preventing children from taking drugs and damaging their brains.

What about responsible adults who vape, eat brownies and use public transit - you'd support your tax dollars going towards throwing them in jail?

From what I read on this forum if that adult is Rob Ford, I think they want him in jail for those reasons.

p.s. I have to go on a diet

Here is an interesting study on weed:

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/3142/20130724/marijuana-use-adolescents-lead-long-term-cognative-imparment.htm

IMO all this talk about legalization/decriminalization is giving teens the impression that weed is perfectly safe, even beneficial.

It's time to stop talking about legalization and just do it. This way we can divert resources towards preventing children from taking drugs and damaging their brains.

Not sure about that study or any other-studies tend to be bias in favour of the person advancing them-there is usually a political agenda behind studies particularly those used to justify something that hasn't happened and they want to happen or to encourage you continuing to overdose on salt, sugar, caffeine, etc.

That said, I totally agree with you.

The practical reality is the latest developments are legalizing it. But what is going to happen is someone in genuine need of pot

for medical reasons won't be able to afford to buy it from the legal greenhouses. The cost will be too prohibitive so they will continue growing it on their own. Should we jail someone who is too poor to afford pot and grows it but is using it for genuine medical purposes? I don't think so.

That said, if its legalized this notion you need a disability to use it will be a joke. Everyone will get a hand written note from their gp stating they are depressed or have ptsd.

Then what.

I say legalize it no different then tobacco so tax money can be used for medical programs.

And which completely skirts the issue of your tax dollars being wasted on the War on Drugs to the tune of much more than if they stopped it.

Kind of funny really. But then again, those who refuse to think and read are like that....funny.

No. We don't need more intoxicated doped up paranoid people driving around on the roads. Studies have shown that Marijuana increases your chances of lung cancer almost to the same degree as tobacco. (see link below)

You don't need to smoke it to get the benefits of it. Vapourizers and other methods can get THC to the body/brain without affecting the lungs.

There are two chemicals in pot. The THC and another one that is quite beneficial to us. Pot growers in the USA are now plowing ahead with this low THC but high concentration of another chemical. This gets processed into pills that have

already been saving and improving the lives of people.

One problem we may face with legalizing it is extortion by the dispensaries and growers. Two grand for a short supply when I can get it for about 1/10th of the price.

But here, Gupta is now saying we have been mislead on pot for decades, and well he is right. But check out the benefits for the young girl suffering a very high number of seizures a day. One on this specific strain, the seizures were reduced by 95% or more.

The real benefit here is that the parents can now get to know their child, and the child has a good chance at living a normal life because of this strain. And no she does not smoke it, it is processes into pills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tShnVEmdS2o#t=1866

From what I read on this forum if that adult is Rob Ford, I think they want him in jail for those reasons.

p.s. I have to go on a diet

From what I've read many of his biggest supporters and defenders are just as likely to support throwing any other druggie in jail.

While I agree we don't need more intoxicated people on the road, cannabis smokers are driving now on the roads regardless of legality. I said this before that I agree with legalization but would like to see it go hand in hand with an equivocal roadside test as a breathalyzer. The only thing that bothers me are that many of the pro-legalization folks put legalization above having the same safeguards we have to convict drunk drivers just because of their ideology.

BTW, unlike tobacco cannabis alone does not have the same cancer rate as smoking tobacco by a long shot so get your facts straight.

http://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/smoking-marijuana-does-not-cause-lung-cancer/

This and many other studies prove it, yet many anti-cannabis folks still ignore the facts to push their own antiquated agendas.

It's entirely possible that a stoned person is just nowhere near as impaired as a drunk. Has anyone done tests to compare the two? Given the thousands upon thousands of medical marijuana users out there now it stands to reason if marijuana was anywhere near as debilitating as booze that we'd be seeing reports of medical marijuana users causing accidents.

Its probably more dangerous to drive while high on Neo-Citran.

Yeah but there's no reliable roadside test, so conviction would be difficult if not impossible.

How do they do it now?

http://drugdrive.direct.gov.uk/testfordrugs.shtml

Legal-illegal drugs, prescription drugs even, makes no difference.

Impaired driving is still illegal and enforced.

That's not a valid argument against legalization.

I would venture a guess that the vast majority of occasional pot smokers, especially the veterans, could not care less whether the government legalizes it or not. I'm not a user but I know it's not hard to find a joint. What is concerning is some poor college kid that's growing a bit for himself and gets caught. Six plants will get you six months, mandatory minimum under Harper's new "tough on crime" law. So the kid's life gets screwed up so Harper can glean a few votes from a few old fogies. Meanwhile the Mexican cartels are laughing all the way to the bank.