Barbaric attack in the U.K.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By your reasoning you would have no complaints if a bunch of EDL supporters went round the local mosque and took it out on some innocent Muslims.

I would.

Edited by bcsapper

Guest American Woman

Islamist nutters hack innocent victim to death in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

Saner Muslims condemn the attack.

I'll say again how utterly shocked I am that something of this barbaric nature could go on in the streets of London, in front of witnesses. It took time to do what these two men did - as people watched. I read in the Guardian that there were unarmed police officers waiting for the arrival of armed officers. You're a Brit - are there really unarmed police officers in London? - and if so, what would they be expected to do if they are unable to deal with such an incident? I have to wonder again if something like this would be attempted/go down in a nation where it's known that citizens could be armed. Do you have any thoughts on that?

If you declare war on people don't be surprised when they fight back. A two year old can figure that out. And don't complain when it gets nasty either.

"They" declared war on us. So are you not surprised that we fought back? - Or are we not allowed to fight back in your view? Furthermore, I don't recall declaring war on anyone other than those at war with us. We certainly have not been fighting "Muslims," much less anyone in London. The idea that these Islamic extremists care about anyone other than themselves/their mindset is off the wall, so are you saying we should let extremists do whatever they like? Not fight back? I expect you won't have a problem answering my questions since "a two year old" could.

By your reasoning you would have no complaints if a bunch of EDL supporters went round the local mosque and took it out on some innocent Muslims.

I would.

You hit the nail on the head. It would be no different if any westerners took out innocent Muslims. And like you, I would most definitely have a problem with it.

I have to wonder again if something like this would be attempted/go down in a nation where it's known that citizens could be armed. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Good point. I find it inexplicable that other nations do not copy the U.S. example. Can't they see that when it's known that citizens could be armed, violence simply never happens?

Guest American Woman

Good point. I find it inexplicable that other nations do not copy the U.S. example. Can't they see that when it's known that citizens could be armed, violence simply never happens?

I hate to burst your sarcastic bubble, but I was clearly referring to an incident such as this. In case you're totally unaware, no one in the U.S. has been hacked to death as a crowd of people watched and took pics, while unarmed police did nothing. Hope that clarification helps you make a relevant response. :)

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

I didn't realize there had never, ever been a murder in the U.S. among a crowd of people. Those guns really work.

I hate to burst your sarcastic bubble, but I was clearly referring to an incident such as this.[...]no one in the U.S. has been hacked to death as a crowd of people watched and took pics, while unarmed police did nothing. Hope that clarification helps you make a relevant response. :)

Apparently it didn't help at all. :( Edited by American Woman

I'm totally against what these guys did, BUT I can understand why they did it . As one guy said, the Westerns never see the women and children killed in the Middle-East , more since the 9/11. This areas have lost more people than 2700-2900 that died in 9/11. It has only created more angry people towards the West, violence does work, it only creates more!

"They" declared war on us. So are you not surprised that we fought back? - Or are we not allowed to fight back in your view?

I guess for some it all started on 9/11 without understanding the meddling that the USA has taken part of in other parts of the world that prompted people to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

Guest American Woman

I guess for some it all started on 9/11 without understanding the meddling that the USA has taken part of in other parts of the world that prompted people to carry out the attacks on 9/11.

And I guess for some it all started with the "meddling that the USA has taken on" rather than with the mindset behind the jihad, as these people ignore the reality of what said extremists are doing to moderate Muslims; ie: not understanding that these extremists don't care about non-extremists in their own countries, much less about people in other said countries. Edited by American Woman

And I guess for some it all started with the "meddling that the USA has taken on" rather than with the mindset behind the jihad, as these people ignore the reality of what said extremists are doing to moderate Muslims; ie: not understanding that these extremists don't care about non-extremists in their own countries, much less about people in other said countries.

You have to agreed that things have gotten a lot worse since since the first Desert Storm invasion.

Guest American Woman

You have to agreed that things have gotten a lot worse since since the first Desert Storm invasion.

As I said, I don't see any evidence at all that these extremists care about anyone in the Muslim world outside of their mindset. It's the mindset that they care about - not the people. Do you see any evidence to contradict that? It's how the "meddling" interferes with their ability to inflict it on others that they are upset about - not their concern the people.

Edited by American Woman

That's right, contemporary western diddlers have been exploiting this conflict for at least a century now. How diddling interferes with people's ability to peacefully overcome their differences has been a well worn tool of foreign policy for even longer.

The result in today's over-crowded and over-exploited world can be seen in just about any experiment involving rats in a similarly over-crowded cage.

Why play Britain is the innocent victim routine? Britain has been a driving force for imperial wars waged on Islamic peoples around the world. This is getting off light compared to what happened in the Khyber pass in the 19th century.

Don't get me wrong I'm an atheist, but I simply can't feel sorry for a bunch of people whining when one British person gets killed in a unilateral conflict that it started that has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced now millions of people, and while the British government fuels weapons into the Syrian meat grinder.

Edited by G Huxley

Why play Britain is the innocent victim routine? Britain has been a driving force for imperial wars waged on Islamic peoples around the world. This is getting off light compared to what happened in the Khyber pass in the 19th century.

Don't get me wrong I'm an atheist, but I simply can't feel sorry for a bunch of people whining when one British person gets killed in a unilateral conflict that it started that has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced now millions of people, and while the British government fuels weapons into the Syrian meat grinder.

I used to be a lot more sympathetic to these arguments, but history, even just the last few years, has shown that Muslims are by far the worst perpetrators of violence against Muslims. It's not even close.

And what weapons do those Muslims use? The weapons pumped to them through the U.S., Russia, Israel, Canada, Germany, France, Britain, China etc, all using divide and conquer amongst the Muslims to try and get their resources out the back door, and making a fortune for the arms manufacturers.

Leaving outsiders in charge of the Islamic peoples' future is like leaving the pedophiles in charge of the daycare.

Edited by G Huxley