PMO paid for Duffy's fraud

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

The saying ,"if you are going to lie, you have remember the lies you told before" Now Duffy is saying that Wright never gave him any money that the got it from his bank the Royal. he said he wrote a personal cheque for it. Since there's so many different reasons coming out of Duffy and the PMO , let send in the RCMP and really get to the bottom, who's right and who's wrong then can all 3 senators! http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/nigel-wright-wrote-personal-cheque-for-90k-to-repay-mike-duffy-s-expenses-1.1282538

Oooo more speculation:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/nigel-wright-wrote-personal-cheque-for-90k-to-repay-mike-duffy-s-expenses-1.1282538

A senior PMO official told Fife that Duffy couldn’t afford to repay the $90,000 and did not want to borrow money from a bank, fearing that his wife would be stuck with the large debt if he died suddenly from a heart attack. Duffy has battled cardiac problems over the years.

lol

And were they afraid their good friend Wright might die at the same time and be unable to give Duffy's widow some cash (or cheque) to cover the loan? That is some serious grasping...

Guest Derek L

lol

And were they afraid their good friend Wright might die at the same time and be unable to give Duffy's widow some cash (or cheque) to cover the loan? That is some serious grasping...

Sure...why not? That's the beauty about speculation, it does not require a grounding rod of fact.

Sure...why not? That's the beauty about speculation, it does not require a grounding rod of fact.

There is speculation based on some evidence and logical inference and then there is speculation by partisan hacks to try and make it seem not so bad! lol

Guest Derek L

There is speculation based on some evidence and logical inference and then there is speculation by partisan hacks to try and make it seem not so bad! lol

I’ve differentiated between my own speculation and the events that have been reported in the media, and haven’t claimed anybody guilty of conspiracy, conflict of interest etc.

I think blowing 20 point leads in BC and stalling the passing of a budget in Ontario is doing a fine job of that already.

Blowing a 20 point lead?????

The BCNDP apparently had a 10 point lead going into election day and lost by 7.

Therefore the poll was wrong!

So you are using a false stat to make a claim.

WWWTT

Good luck trying to bring some sense into this, speculation and innuendo is always 'better'. There's a piece here that explains the RBC loan..

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/16/nigel-wright-will-not-resign-as-stephen-harper-backs-his-chief-of-staff/

Wright dipped into his personal funds to help Duffy repay the cash the senator had claimed against his home in an Ottawa suburb because, Harper’s office said Wednesday, “Duffy was unable to make a timely repayment.” Wright wrote the personal cheque, Harper’s office said, so Duffy could repay the approximately $90,000 in living expenses he had claimed over more than three years in the Senate.

A senior official told Postmedia News on Thursday that Wright gave the personal cheque to Duffy’s lawyer to be held in trust.

However, Duffy also took out a loan from Royal Bank to cover the cost of repaying his Senate expenses, according to a Senate source with knowledge of the financial arrangement. Duffy told CTV in an email Wednesday that he dealt with the bank alone and Wright was not involved in that transaction.

Guest Derek L

Good luck trying to bring some sense into this, speculation and innuendo is always 'better'. There's a piece here that explains the RBC loan..

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/16/nigel-wright-will-not-resign-as-stephen-harper-backs-his-chief-of-staff/

Wright dipped into his personal funds to help Duffy repay the cash the senator had claimed against his home in an Ottawa suburb because, Harper’s office said Wednesday, “Duffy was unable to make a timely repayment.” Wright wrote the personal cheque, Harper’s office said, so Duffy could repay the approximately $90,000 in living expenses he had claimed over more than three years in the Senate.

A senior official told Postmedia News on Thursday that Wright gave the personal cheque to Duffy’s lawyer to be held in trust.

However, Duffy also took out a loan from Royal Bank to cover the cost of repaying his Senate expenses, according to a Senate source with knowledge of the financial arrangement. Duffy told CTV in an email Wednesday that he dealt with the bank alone and Wright was not involved in that transaction.

So apparently Senator Duffy did take out a loan from RBC, but Nigel Wright also gifted a cheque covering the expenses to Senator Duffy’s lawyer to be held in trust…..I will speculate based on the reporting of Senator Duffy’s health concerns, coupled with a fear of putting his wife in the poor house if he passed untimely prior to the loan being paid back, said sum held in trust would be used to pay off the loan in the event that he died suddenly……….
Also mentioned in the link, the Prime Minister wasn’t aware of the events until Tuesday night, and it was Mr Duffy’s lawyer that told him he no longer needed to further participate in the outside audit after paying back the funds.
We got a Watergate on our hands folks :lol:

Guest Derek L

Nothing to see here folks. Everything is peachy. Derek says move along.

I haven’t said move along…….not at all……I hope the Opposition continues to waste political capital on this…..I’m just surprised the Liberals have been so quite.

So apparently Senator Duffy did take out a loan from RBC, but Nigel Wright also gifted a cheque covering the expenses to Senator Duffy’s lawyer to be held in trust…..I will speculate based on the reporting of Senator Duffy’s health concerns, coupled with a fear of putting his wife in the poor house if he passed untimely prior to the loan being paid back, said sum held in trust would be used to pay off the loan in the event that he died suddenly……….
Also mentioned in the link, the Prime Minister wasn’t aware of the events until Tuesday night, and it was Mr Duffy’s lawyer that told him he no longer needed to further participate in the outside audit after paying back the funds.
We got a Watergate on our hands folks :lol:

Not sure about that.. these things are always over hyped and speculated on, the media tends to turn a minor issue into a mega one. I hope we get a report from the ethics commissioner. Meanwhile Duffy should step aside until we get all the information.

I wonder about the Liberals being so quiet on this too, I suspect that if a full audit is done on all Senators there will be some issues.

Edited by scribblet

Guest Derek L

Not sure about that.. these things are always over hyped and speculated on, the media tends to turn a minor issue into a mega one. I hope we get a report from the ethics commissioner. Meanwhile Duffy should step aside until we get all the information.

I wonder about the Liberals being so quiet on this too, I suspect that if a full audit is done on all Senators there will be some issues.

I agree, Duffy should step down quietly………With that said, said negative reporting surrounding the Senate, if it gains public traction, could be turned into political lemonade by the Conservative Government well also feeding the base some red meat in the form of revisiting the tenement from the Reform days: A Triple E-Senate.
I think the Federal Liberals silence is attributed to the fact that they recognize they have no political capital to gain from wasting their time and resources on this…….Remember, they as a party have little interest in Senate reform.

I agree, Duffy should step down quietly ...

Agreed.

"Mr. Wright therefore wrote a cheque from his personal account for the full amount owing so that Mr. Duffy could repay the outstanding amount."

That confirmation from the PMO contradicts Duffy's earlier explanation to CTV News.

"The Royal Bank helped meI dealt with my bank personally. Nigel played no role," Duffy wrote in an email to CTV News Tuesday, claiming he got a loan to repay the expense claims.

Lying, cheating, double-dipping.

He oughta be a goner.

Not sure why Harper is protecting Duffy at the expense of his own credibility.

Guest Derek L

And there you go:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/16/pol-senator-mike-duffy-steps-aside.html

Senator Mike Duffy quits Tory caucus
Duffy embroiled in controversy over his living and travel expense claims.

Senator Mike Duffy has resigned from the Conservative caucus amid controversy over his living and travel expense claims.

"Senator Duffy has informed me that he has resigned from Caucus to sit as an independent Senator," Marjory LeBreton, the leader of the government in the Senate, said in a statement.

I think it more to do that wright is stinking rich, which the left hates, unless it is them with the big bank account.

Speaking for myself, it has way more to do with the fact he's also stinking powerful - something the right also seems to reserve a special affection for.

Edited by eyeball

Now Duffy has left the senate as a Conservative,to set as a independent, which only means he's still supporting the Tories. Duffy should be tossed out, he tried to scam the taxpayer and nearly got away with it. I wish the federal election was this fall to get rid of this government. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/senator-mike-duffy-resigns-conservative-caucus-014022944.html?vp=1

I wonder why the media and pundits are ignoring the Standing Senate Committee on Internal Economy, Budgets and Administration. This committee is formed under Section 19.1 of the Parliament of Canada Act and is charged with ensuring the rules of the Senate are followed including allowances paid to Senators. Where has this Committee been hiding? How have these alleged abuses been allowed and by how many.

If the committee has acted with due diligence, there would be no scandals. If the committee has not acted with due diligence, taxpayers have the right to know why not and to have the committee made to perform the functions it is required by law to undertake.

Maybe because the media and their servile pundits are ignoring this Committee because it’s irrelevant to their self-imposed mission to destroy the party in power and the PM along with it — or vice-versa. The so-called scandal is being whipped by the CBC in particular but it has lots of help from the rest of the Press gallery goons.

Mike Duffy used to be one of the media, a journalist who did the unforgivable: he went over to the dark conservative side. Worse, he accepted an appointment to the Senate. The pillorying of the Duffster must be viciously satisfying indeed.

Bonus for them if they could nail the PM in their gotcha game, a game in which the residency and housing claims of past Liberal senators will not even get so much as a thought.