Conservative attack adds on Trudeau:Right on schedule

Well here we go folks,let the conservative attack adds begin!

I'll have to admit that the conservatives have become very good at making these liberal attack adds almost to the point where that it's almost an art form!

Have a look

WWWTT

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.justinoverhishead.ca/

In a shocking revelation previously ignored by the media, Liberal leader Justin Trudeau was caught telling a reporter that “Quebecers are better than the rest of Canada.”[/size]

The full context of the quotation is a CTV interview where Trudeau tells a reporter that “Quebecers are better than the rest of Canada because, you know, we’re Quebecers or whatever. A lot more of us are bilingual, bicultural, a lot more awareness of the rest.”

I'm wondering whether it was a good strategy to put Justin in charge so far ahead of the election.

I must admit I wish political parties would stick to what they can do, rather that what the others can't. That ad is probably right on, but the impression it gives is that it needs to be said that the Conservatives are not so much able to run the country, as the other guy isn't.

I would prefer they just ran on what they are going to do, and let the Liberals and NDP do the same.

I must admit I wish political parties would stick to what they can do, rather that what the others can't. That ad is probably right on, but the impression it gives is that it needs to be said that the Conservatives are not so much able to run the country, as the other guy isn't.

I would prefer they just ran on what they are going to do, and let the Liberals and NDP do the same.

Problem is no one cares. Look at the other Justin thread... consensus there is pretty much that he should remain as vague as possible about his policies, since actually saying anything of substance would only harm his campaign. People get the politics they deserve. And so there you have it, vapid generalized speeches with no actual details or policies, hollow sound bites, spiteful attack ads.

And there's the rub. I guess the reason attack ads work is that no-one is going to pay any attention to the positive type.

I guess it could be argued that if half the country is going to vote for him because of his name and his charisma, the ad is a public service.

Well here we go folks,let the conservative attack adds begin!

I'll have to admit that the conservatives have become very good at making these liberal attack adds almost to the point where that it's almost an art form!

Have a look

WWWTT

lol wow no hesitation on that one.

He has the distinct disadvantage of being young during the era when everything is recorded.

Are the ads really necessary this far before the election?

As an "Attack Ad", it's pretty tame. It's nothing like the ones you see in the states where over-the top accusations are leveled at opponents. All the Conservative ads do is present footage of the opponent speaking.

Actually, the National Post is the one lying, again. Selly is the one being selective about the full text, where Justin clearly says those views which were his fathers are also his own. If you don't like that one, just wait. There are MANY examples of Justin outright saying that Quebecers are better than other Canadian, that Quebec should separate, that Albertans are bad for Canada, etc, etc. It's recurring theme whenever you let him speak his mind.

lol wow no hesitation on that one.

He has the distinct disadvantage of being young during the era when everything is recorded.

Are the ads really necessary this far before the election?

Oh so he didn't know he was being recorded and taped?

I can understand how views or perceptions may change,but some of the things this guy have said,in my opinion,are out there.

WWWTT

I have to admit, I like the font on Justin Trudeau, and the twinkling sound effect!

Ya that really drives home the message that Trudeau has an almost fairy tail life.

I wonder how much stress this guy has ever been under?

WWWTT

As an "Attack Ad", it's pretty tame. It's nothing like the ones you see in the states where over-the top accusations are leveled at opponents. All the Conservative ads do is present footage of the opponent speaking.

Actually, the National Post is the one lying, again. Selly is the one being selective about the full text, where Justin clearly says those views which were his fathers are also his own. If you don't like that one, just wait. There are MANY examples of Justin outright saying that Quebecers are better than other Canadian, that Quebec should separate, that Albertans are bad for Canada, etc, etc. It's recurring theme whenever you let him speak his mind.

Pretty much nailed there Bryan (in my opinion)

This add came out so fast because there's a lot more material to go through still and the conservatives want to give everyone a chance to listen to every tune Justin writes.

And Justin is the gift that keeps giving,his biggest challenge will be watching what he says!

WWWTT

Well, they said Obama was too inexperienced and he won not one, but two elections so the Tories better start getting some good material.

If this is really the best they've got they're in big trouble.

Totally unrealistic to compare Justin to Obabma.

Justin was in the Canadian media the day he was born,actually he was in the media when his mother was still pregnant with him!

WWWTT

What is surprising is these ads may backfire.

They show Trudeau as everything Harper isnt (and in some cases is)

Young, good looking, quick on his feet , seemingly adble and ready to fight. Yikes, dont be showing our PM with his shirt off.

On the downside, it shows a lack of job experience , which is funny because Harper had no job experience either (at least privately that is) The ad shows Trudeau saying some region is better than others (out of context mind you) and Harper is well known for dissing Canada as a whole.

Not worried at all about Justin, he is a flake, there is no doubting it, and the conservatives have a duty to the country to show what he is really like. He in no way should be out in the world representing canada. He will get taken in by every snake oil salesmen out there. And if canadians are that stupoid to let him in, then I will sit back and watch the country burn.

Not worried at all about Justin, he is a flake,

You have spent consideral posts trying to run the kid down, methinks you are the most scared.

Harper had no job experience either, he did have a nice vest though....so he has that going for him.

Edited by guyser

You have spent consideral posts trying to run the kid down, methinks you are the most scared.

Harper had no job experience either, he did have a nice vest though....so he has that going for him.

The kid, yes you are right, he is a 41 year kid and his flakeyness will bring him down. If his name was not trudeau, people would laugh at the thought of him being considered for the leadership. He is the official macot of the liberal party and what does bother me is the fact that canadians could be that stupid to put him in. My fear is for the country not the party.