Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

Apparently a series of explosions went off at the finish line of the Boston marathon as the runners were crossing the finish line. The cause/source of the explosions is unknown. A local reporter is tweeting that she saw limbs blown off.

explosion-boston.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?_r=0

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suspicious package under some seats, the video of the blast shows how opwerful it was.

Seems contrived from the get-go. bomb went off at the 4:10 mark of the marathon, average tiome for a marathon is 4:18 so yes , a ton of runners would have been coming in at that time., of course only a few had it gone off at the 2;20 mark.

My sources have said 5 dead and one said 3 dead. Lots of gruesome pics out there.

Guest American Woman

The timing of the explosions makes it suspicious in my mind. It does look really awful. I haven't heard of any dead - but not surprised to hear it. It's still a bit of a shock ...

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

I hate to automatically think "terrorism," but after seeing the locations and times, one can't help but wonder. Of course there is the possibility of a gas line explosion, but the timing and location considering the event makes the coincidence seem so unlikely.

Guest Derek L

I hate to automatically think "terrorism," but after seeing the locations and times, one can't help but wonder. Of course there is the possibility of a gas line explosion, but the timing and location considering the event makes the coincidence seem so unlikely.

Watching FNC and apparently there have been multiple blasts and an unexploded device found near a hotel.

Guest American Woman

As it would be likely so with multiple blasts.

Agreed. And apparently two more devices have been found - "2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled"

Guest Derek L
Also just heard multiple amputees with ball bearings found on scene………And police have found several more devices……..I wonder if the bombers planned to draw in the first responders then explode the other devices……….

I would hazard a guess that reports are fuzzy since the cell phone service will be shut down in the area for fear of the devices being similar to the IEDs found in Iraq and Afghanistan…..

Guest American Woman
Also just heard multiple amputees with ball bearings found on scene………And police have found several more devices……..I wonder if the bombers planned to draw in the first responders then explode the other devices……….
I would hazard a guess that reports are fuzzy since the cell phone service will be shut down in the area for fear of the devices being similar to the IEDs found in Iraq and Afghanistan…..

What you say makes sense - very likely that was the plan, the way things seem to be developing.

Guest American Woman

One blast went off on its own,,,, the cops took care of the second package before it went off... now they found two more devices. You are gonna hear terrorism, but homegrown terrorists.

Been watching the live stream over at Bloomberg.

Why "homegrown?"

Guest Derek L

What you say makes sense - very likely that was the plan, the way things seem to be developing.

NY Post, per FNC, is reporting they have caught a "suspect" and is under guard in a Boston area hospital.....

Guest American Woman

NY Post, per FNC, is reporting they have caught a "suspect" and is under guard in a Boston area hospital.....

Interesting - hadn't heard that. Just read that it's just been confirmed that it was "intentional." I suppose officials are going to be cautious about making statements.

Guest Derek L

Interesting - hadn't heard that. Just read that it's just been confirmed that it was "intentional." I suppose officials are going to be cautious about making statements.

Put on Fox News....

Guest American Woman

Speculation for sure, but doesnt seem big enough to justify it being done by outsiders.

It would have been a lot bigger if the unexploded devices had gone off - and I doubt we know the full extent of it all at this point.

Guest Derek L

Speculation for sure, but doesnt seem big enough to justify it being done by outsiders.

An anti-personal device doesn’t need to be big……..The IRA used such small bombs effectively and resulted in the removal of trash cans across the United Kingdom in the 80s………
But I agree, this could very well be a “home-grown nut” acting on Patriot Day……..
New York is also reportedly "going into lockdown".........

Guest Derek L

It would have been a lot bigger if the unexploded devices had gone off - and I doubt we know the full extent of it all at this point.

But by the same token, a bunch of little bombs going off at sporting events, shopping centres, parks and schools etc, be they deployed by domestic or foreign individuals, are a far more effective (and logistically simple) when contrasted with 9/11.……..And have been proven to be just as effective at fostering in “terror” amongst the populace…..

Guest American Woman

But by the same token, a bunch of little bombs going off at sporting events, shopping centres, parks and schools etc, be they deployed by domestic or foreign individuals, are a far more effective (and logistically simple) when contrasted with 9/11.……..And have been proven to be just as effective at fostering in “terror” amongst the populace…..

I agree. I don't see this as being "too small" to be anything but domestic. Edited by American Woman

Guest Derek L

I agree. I don't see this as being "too small" to be anything but domestic.

Well it could be a kind of “anniversary bombing”………Waco April 19 1993.……Oklahoma City April 19 1995.…..