From my cold dead hands!

President of the US, for one. Governor of California for two. President of the Screen Actors Guild for three. A WWII

veteran for four. But of course to you he will always be a comedian.

Until Jim Carrey or Bill Maher step into a serious role only then should they be taken seriously. I think comedians

develop a complex of a sort when they are being ironic or satirical but wish to be taken seriously. Their careers falter when they start wanting to be taken seriously. Jim Carrey, so far, has always been a comedian.

You forgot a few points.

Veteran of WWII that never served overseas and/or served in combat.

FBI informant.

And don't forget his famous quote made during the 1980 televised debate with Carter "Oh there you go again"

Plus,he was never all that successful as an actor or broadcaster.

But hey,he made a good impression on you despite his numerous failings so he must have done something right.(Iran-Contra,oh wait that's another failure)

WWWTT

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you need to infer that men who buy firearms are coming up short in the wedding tackle department you and anyone who buys in to it isn't worth even speaking to. It's such a pathetic veiw point, there are some very good reasons to argue for gun control, but clearly there aren't enough actual, factual reasons when you need to push the argument to those and other lows.

My god, i drive a truck too, i must have negative penis. I guess It's those prius driving gun hating vegans that are carrying the heavy artillery.

The gun activists make comparable claims about having guns to defend against their own government.

So I guess you are saying that only the pro gun people can make outlandish claims.

Understood!

WWWTT

...Plus,he was never all that successful as an actor or broadcaster.

Wrong......(from IMDB):

Actor (77 titles)

1964-1965 Death Valley Days (TV series)
Bear River Smith / Charles Poston / David Farragut / …
– A City Is Born (1965) … Charles Poston
– No Place for a Lady (1965) … William Burt
– The Lawless Have Laws (1965) … Lt. Col. Martin Burke
– Temporary Warden (1965) … Warden Hume
– No Gun Behind His Badge (1965) … Bear River Smith
See all 8 episodes »

1964 Kraft Suspense Theatre (TV series)
Judge Howard R. Stimming
– A Cruel and Unusual Night (1964) … Judge Howard R. Stimming

1964 The Killers  (great flick...he punches Angie Dickinson so hard my jaw hurt !)
Jack Browning

1963 Wagon Train (TV series)
Capt. Paul Winters
– The Fort Pierce Story (1963) … Capt. Paul Winters

1963 Heritage of Splendor (short)
Narrator

1954-1962 G.E. True Theater (TV series)
Paul Miller / Allan Richards / Captain Jeremy Davis / …
– My Dark Days: Part 2 (1962) … Paul Miller
– My Dark Days: Part 1 (1962) … Paul Miller
– Shadow of a Hero (1962) … Frank Foster
– The Wall Between (1962) … Sam Miller
– Money and the Minister (1961) … Rev. Theodore Carlisle
See all 34 episodes »

1961 The Dick Powell Theatre (TV series)
Rex Kent
– Who Killed Julie Greer? (1961) … Rex Kent

1961 The Young Doctors
Narrator (voice)

1961 Zane Grey Theater (TV series)
Maj. Will Sinclair
– The Long Shadow (1961) … Maj. Will Sinclair

1960 The DuPont Show with June Allyson (TV series)
Alan Royce
– The Way Home (1960) … Alan Royce

1957 Hellcats of the Navy
Cmdr. Casey Abbott

1956 General Electric Summer Originals (TV series)
– Jungle Trap (1956)

1955 Tennessee's Partner
Cowpoke

1954 Cattle Queen of Montana
Farrell

1953-1954 The Ford Television Theatre (TV series)
Dr. David Glenn / Lieutenant Commander William Masterson / Steve Wentworth
– Beneath These Waters (1954) … Lieutenant Commander William Masterson
– And Suddenly, You Knew (1953) … Steve Wentworth
– The First Born (1953) … Dr. David Glenn

1954 Prisoner of War
Webb Sloane

1953-1954 Schlitz Playhouse (TV series)
Doctor / Lt. Paul Random / Steve Davis
– The Edge of Battle (1954) … Lt. Paul Random
– The Jungle Trap (1954) … Steve Davis
– The Doctor Comes Home (1953) … Doctor

1953-1954 Lux Video Theatre (TV series)
Guest Host / Merle Fisher
– A Place in the Sun (1954) … Guest Host
– Message in a Bottle (1953) … Merle Fisher

1953 The Revlon Mirror Theater (TV series)
– Next Stop Bethlehem (1953)

1953 The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show (TV series)
Ronald Reagan
– Gracie Sees a Hold-Up/Johnny Velvet (1953) … Ronald Reagan

1953 Medallion Theatre (TV series)
– A Job for Jimmy Valentine (1953)

1953 Law and Order
Frame Johnson

1953 Tropic Zone
Dan McCloud

1952 Hollywood Opening Night (TV series)
– The Priceless Gift (1952)

1952 She's Working Her Way Through College
Professor John Palmer

1952 The Winning Team
Grover Cleveland Alexander

1952 Hong Kong
Jeff Williams

1951 Bedtime for Bonzo
Prof. Peter Boyd

1951 The Last Outpost
Capt. Vance Britten

1951 Storm Warning
Burt Rainey

1951 The Big Truth (short)
Host/Narrator

1950 Nash Airflyte Theatre (TV series)
Tommy Blunt
– The Case of the Missing Lady (1950) … Tommy Blunt

1950 Louisa
Harold 'Hal' Norton

1949 The Hasty Heart
Yank

1949 The Girl from Jones Beach
Bob Randolph - Robert Benerik

1949 Night Unto Night
John Galen

1949 John Loves Mary
John Lawrence

1947 The Voice of the Turtle
Sergeant Bill Page

1947 That Hagen Girl
Tom Bates

1947 Stallion Road
Larry Hanrahan

1943 This Is the Army
Johnny Jones (as Lt. Ronald Reagan)

1943 The Rear Gunner (short)
Lt. Ames

1943 Cadet Classification (short)
Narrator

1943 For God and Country (short)
Father Michael O'Keefe

1942 Beyond the Line of Duty (short)
Narrator (voice)

1942 Desperate Journey
Flying Officer Johnny Hammond

1942 Juke Girl
Steve Talbot

1942 Mister Gardenia Jones (documentary short)
John Jones Jr. (aka Gardenia 'Deany' Jones)

1942 Kings Row
Drake McHugh

1941 Nine Lives Are Not Enough
Matt Sawyer

1941 International Squadron
Jimmy Grant

1941 Million Dollar Baby
Peter 'Pete' Rowan

1941 The Bad Man
Gilbert 'Gil' Jones

1940 Santa Fe Trail
George Custer

1940 Tugboat Annie Sails Again
Eddie Kent

1940 Knute Rockne All American
George Gipp

1940 Murder in the Air
Brass Bancroft

1940 An Angel from Texas
Marty Allen

1940 Brother Rat and a Baby
Dan Crawford

1939 Smashing the Money Ring
Lt. Brass Bancroft

1939 The Angels Wash Their Faces
Pat Remson

1939 Hell's Kitchen
Jim

1939 Naughty But Nice
Ed 'Eddie' Clark

1939 Code of the Secret Service
Lt. 'Brass' Bancroft

1939 Dark Victory
Alec

1939 Secret Service of the Air
Lt. 'Brass' Bancroft

1938 Going Places
Jack Withering

1938 Brother Rat
Dan Crawford

1938 Girls on Probation
Neil Dillon

1938 Boy Meets Girl
Radio announcer at premiere

1938 The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse
Radio Announcer (voice) (uncredited)

1938 Cowboy from Brooklyn
Pat Dunn

1938 Accidents Will Happen
Eric Gregg

1938 Swing Your Lady
Jack Miller

1938 Sergeant Murphy
Pvt. Dennis Reilley

1937 Hollywood Hotel
Radio Host at Premiere (uncredited)

1937 Love Is on the Air
Andy McCaine 

Sounds mediocre to me.

Lots of crap doesn't equal anything good.

Quantity vs quality(oh I forgot who I am responding to)

How about you list all the golden boot awards,er I mean Oscars he won?

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Who doesn't like Knute Rockne All American? TCM staple.

Right...Ronald Reagan was a very successful actor and broadcaster regardless of what one may think about the films. Made a lot more movies than Jim Carrey...became governor of California...and U.S. President (something Carrey cannot ever do).

Sounds mediocre to me.

Lots of crap doesn't equal anything good.

Quantity vs quality(oh I forgot who I am responding to)

How about you list all the golden boot awards,er I mean Oscars he won?

WWWTT

So here you are a critic w/o ever seeing a single movie? U have skillz!

Right...Ronald Reagan was a very successful actor and broadcaster regardless of what one may think about the films. Made a lot more movies than Jim Carrey...became governor of California...and U.S. President (something Carrey cannot ever do).

Some folks lead joyless lives...

So here you are a critic w/o ever seeing a single movie? U have skillz!

Actually this thread is about a Canadian criticizing the NRA and one of its former spokesperson.

But for some reason,it has now become a Ronald Reagan film festival?????

Here's an idea,why don't you and BC get a motel room,film projector and some Reagan films.

WWWTT

:lol: just saw the vid... 'biting social satire... it goes down smooth'! Coming up on 2 million views in just a few days...

Lonesome Earl & the Clutterbusters!

Jim Carrey@JimCarrey

'Cold Dead Hand' is abt u heartless motherf%ckers unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids.Sorry if you're offended… http://

Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand
His immortal soul my lay forever in the sand
The angels wouldn’t take him up to heaven like he planned
‘Cause they couldn’t pry that gun from his cold dead hand

It takes a cold dead hand to decide to pull the trigger
It takes a cold dead heart and as near as I can figure
With your cold dead aim you’re trying to prove your dick is bigger
But we know your chariot may not be swinging low

Cold dead hand - cold dead hand
Cold dead hand - cold dead hand
You’re a big big man with an little bitty gland
So you need something bigger just to fill
Your cold dead hand

apparently... the right-wing usual suspects are wigging out over Carrey's tribute to - go figure! Oh my!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8AxAqmQdg

The whole thing is kind of racist. But I forgot that Southerners and Christians are the only acceptable groups left to mock and stereotype.

Actually the only person being mocked is Heston.

The actors portraying southerners and Christians are also mocking Heston.

Is Heston a southern Christian???

Fabricating I believe is against forum rules Shady!

WWWTT

I didn't know Southerner and Christian were races.

I also didn't now that they were being mocked in the video either?

Clearly the actors portraying "southerners and Christians" are having a good laugh at the portrayed Heston character shooting his own foot off towards the end!

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

And so begins the thread degeneration into a lust for weapons used to inflict pain and suffering.

WWWTT

Actually the thread degenerated once you started getting personal:

Just don't forget to keep your handgun close when you sleep because if the space aliens come you will be called upon to fight for freedom!

Remember,when the space aliens laugh,they don't laugh like you or me!

And my response:

Handgun? Space Aliens?

Click on the link I provided and on it there is a video.Click on it and you will see Carrey do a spoof about Heston imitating a laughing space alien.

It's very funny and pretty much sums up the pent up desire!

My response:

I have seen the video...........And space aliens are not a major factor in why I own firearms

Your reply:

And that's why you don't make 20 million a movie.

But hey,keep those guns loaded in case someone wants to take them away!

Getting a little personal there hey? I will ask once more:

Sorry, I don't follow......Did you have a point somewhere?

So aside from the personal attack, for I don’t know what relevance myself (or my firearms) have in relation to the video, do you have a point? Go ahead, spit it out, fore I unlike you won’t go running to the “report button”……..
So really, you’ve stated that I store restricted firearms illegally, that I keep my firearms loaded and their intended usage is for “inflicting pain and suffering”…………All baseless accusations involving multiple felonies……….That would be akin to me saying, for example, WWWTT provides alcohol to underage boys then rapes them………Not a real nice thing to say about someone eh? Well also clearly in violation of forum rules and conduct……….
So did you have a point hidden within your personal attack of my character?

Guest Derek L

To add another “funny” article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

So why is the Obama administration purchasing enough hollow point/wad cutter ammunition, ammunition used typically by law enforcement and for personal protection and hunting, again ammunition that wouldn’t be used by the military (They use Full Metal Jacket rounds) but could sustain a combat scenario similar to the war in Iraq for 20 years?
A very interesting, well at the same time distressing, question to be asked…….

Spending money this way is beyond absurd well into perverse. According to the AP story a DHS spokesperson justifies this acquisition to “help the government get a low price for a big purchase.” Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center: “The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it’s to “get a low price” for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.

100 years worth of expensive hollow point ammunition for “training”? Depending on the type of hollow points, the price of this type of ammo is typically double the cost (and in many cases even more) of FMJ ammo used by the military…………So why doesn’t DHS practice with FMJ or even practice ammo to save money, well keeping some HP stockpiled for operational usage…….There are very slight differences in terms of ballistics between the two types, where the difference is found is in the impact……So if most of the ammo is used to put holes in paper, why do they need the expensive stuff?
Cleary this is a demonstration of Government waste, for the alternative is in the purview of Alex Jones territory……….

Guest American Woman

Actually this thread is about a Canadian criticizing the NRA and one of its former spokesperson.

It is? He's Canadian by birth, but American by choice, so it's about an American citizen criticizing the NRA/Charlton Heston - as he has no qualms about making money glorifying gun violence in his films. As has been pointed out, he has a right to speak his mind, but It's kind of pointless to criticize and mock a dead man, IMO.

So aside from the personal attack, for I don’t know what relevance myself (or my firearms) have in relation to the video, do you have a point? Go ahead, spit it out, fore I unlike you won’t go running to the “report button”……..
So really, you’ve stated that I store restricted firearms illegally, that I keep my firearms loaded and their intended usage is for “inflicting pain and suffering”…………All baseless accusations involving multiple felonies……….That would be akin to me saying, for example, WWWTT provides alcohol to underage boys then rapes them………Not a real nice thing to say about someone eh? Well also clearly in violation of forum rules and conduct……….
So did you have a point hidden within your personal attack of my character?

And this is why I seriously doubt you are a lawyer.

I think you better just report me then if you feel that I have broken forum rules.

That would be the best way to solve your problem,no?

If you feel you have a legitimate complaint,then complain to the moderators/admin.

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

Guest Derek L

And this is why I seriously doubt you are a lawyer.

I think you better just report me then if you feel that I have broken forum rules.

That would be the best way to solve your problem,no?

If you feel you have a legitimate complaint,then complain to the moderators/admin.

WWWTT

Or what? You'll report me :lol:

It is? He's Canadian by birth, but American by choice, so it's about an American citizen criticizing the NRA/Charlton Heston - as he has no qualms about making money glorifying gun violence in his films. As has been pointed out, he has a right to speak his mind, but It's kind of pointless to criticize and mock a dead man, IMO.

I guess if you want to be specific,Carrey is a Canadian born with dual citizenship.(I believe he is still a Canadian)

If you do not see Carreys point,it does not mean it is pointless.(It was very funny!)

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

Exactly, it just speaks to the lack of intelligence and class on their part……..But what do you expect? Their ilk just wasted an “opportunity” to profit from the deaths of little children in an effort to help further their political dogma………..The end result of their “effort”? More guns and ammo sold, coupled with driving even more people to groups like the NRA and their actions have translated into the further lined pockets of dealers and manufactures, enabling the hiring of further lobbyists, pro-gun campaigns, technical “refinements” to their products, reinvestment in their manufacturing process well also pushing the makers to leave Union friendly States for Red RTW states, and the all important advertising………
They really shot themselves in the foot………Let them have a laugh at the expense of old Chuck, fore you know if he was still alive he’d be howling too ;)

…Not a real nice thing to say about someone eh? Well also clearly in violation of forum rules and conduct……….

A very interesting, well at the same time distressing, question to be asked…

So why doesn’t DHS practice with FMJ or even practice ammo to save money, well keeping some HP stockpiled for operational usage……

So why doesn’t DHS practice with FMJ or even practice ammo to save money, well keeping some HP stockpiled for operational usage……

....reinvestment in their manufacturing process well also pushing the makers to leave Union friendly States for Red RTW states, and the all important advertising…

Derek, a better word might be "while".

while (conjunction): 1. as long as, during the time that. 2. although, at the same time that. 3. whereas, and.

Not a real nice thing to say about someone eh? While (although, at the same time) being clearly in violation of forum rules and conduct...

A very interesting, while (whereas, and) distressing question to be asked.

So why doesn't DHS practice with FMJ or even practice ammo to save money, while (at the same time) keeping some HP stockpiled for operational use....

...reinvestment in their manufacturing process while (at the same time) pushing the makers to leave Union friendly States for Red RTW states, and the all important advertising…

Edited by Pliny

Guest Derek L

Derek, a better word might be "while".

while (conjunction): 1. as long as, during the time that. 2. although, at the same time that. 3. whereas, and.

Not a real nice thing to say about someone eh? While (although, at the same time) being clearly in violation of forum rules and conduct...

A very interesting, while (whereas, and) distressing question to be asked.

So why doesn't DHS practice with FMJ or even practice ammo to save money, while (at the same time) keeping some HP stockpiled for operational use....

Hey thanks for that.........I'll be sure to have you proof all my posts ;)