From my cold dead hands!

Guest Derek L

I gots no problem with whatever Carrey wants to say while making millions from Hollywood with gun play....it's his right to do so.

We gots free speech rights...and gun rights !! :D

Exactly, and I would doubt the late Mr Heston would have cared either……….But to Shady’s point, if Carey had of came out with a video mocking MLK, Malcolm X or even the Black Panthers, I think what left of a career he had would be over…..To add, Charlton Heston was one of the first big names in Hollywood to come out in support of Civil Rights (even marched with MLK), and on the same token, MLK, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers were all proponents of individual gun rights………..Now a white Hollywood actor making fun of the above Black Groups would show balls……..Of course, like Heston, MLK and Malcolm X are dead, so better stick to them, for Bobby Seale and his boys are still kicking………

malcolm.gif

bGRyR5t.jpg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the video...........And space aliens are not a major factor in why I own firearms :rolleyes:

And that's why you don't make 20 million a movie.

But hey,keep those guns loaded in case someone wants to take them away!

WWWTT

Exactly, and I would doubt the late Mr Heston would have cared either……….But to Shady’s point, if Carey had of came out with a video mocking MLK, Malcolm X or even the Black Panthers, I think what left of a career he had would be over…..To add, Charlton Heston was one of the first big names in Hollywood to come out in support of Civil Rights (even marched with MLK), and on the same token, MLK, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers were all proponents of individual gun rights………..Now a white Hollywood actor making fun of the above Black Groups would show balls……..Of course, like Heston, MLK and Malcolm X are dead, so better stick to them, for Bobby Seale and his boys are still kicking………

That's it Derek.

Criticize Carrey for what he DID NOT do!

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

And that's why you don't make 20 million a movie.

But hey,keep those guns loaded in case someone wants to take them away!

WWWTT

Sorry, I don't follow......Did you have a point somewhere?

Guest Derek L

Here's a funny video starring VP Joe Biden:

My question, if in his opinion a SxS scatter gun is the more effective firearm, due to it’s inherent easy usage when contrasted with an AR-15, a weapon he suggests the military finds difficult using, why didn’t they try and ban SxS duck guns as opposed to AR-15s being the shotgun is the more deadlier weapon (in his view)?

My question, if in his opinion a SxS scatter gun is the more effective firearm, due to it’s inherent easy usage when contrasted with an AR-15, a weapon he suggests the military finds difficult using, why didn’t they try and ban SxS duck guns as opposed to AR-15s being the shotgun is the more deadlier weapon (in his view)?

And so begins the thread degeneration into a lust for weapons used to inflict pain and suffering.

WWWTT

Jim Carrey is funny and talented. He's a comedian though so you can't take him seriously. Sort of like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart. Can't take them seriously, although I'm sure they would like people to take them seriously on political issues

and obviously some do.

There are lots of Canadians in Hollywood where politically they can feel at home and start to fundamentally transform

America.

There are lots of Canadians in Hollywood where politically they can feel at home and start to fundamentally transform America.

Jim Carrey's citizenship is only an interesting aside because of how this thread started, but the same gun observations in film or television would apply to other Hollywood "celebrities" as well. We pay Carrey (through ticket sales) to entertain us, not tell us what American gun rights are or should be.

Jim Carrey is funny and talented. He's a comedian though so you can't take him seriously. Sort of like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart. Can't take them seriously, although I'm sure they would like people to take them seriously on political issues

and obviously some do.

And what was Reagan???

WWWTT

And what was Reagan???

WWWTT

President of the US, for one. Governor of California for two. President of the Screen Actors Guild for three. A WWII

veteran for four. But of course to you he will always be a comedian.

Until Jim Carrey or Bill Maher step into a serious role only then should they be taken seriously. I think comedians

develop a complex of a sort when they are being ironic or satirical but wish to be taken seriously. Their careers falter when they start wanting to be taken seriously. Jim Carrey, so far, has always been a comedian.

When you need to infer that men who buy firearms are coming up short in the wedding tackle department you and anyone who buys in to it isn't worth even speaking to. It's such a pathetic veiw point, there are some very good reasons to argue for gun control, but clearly there aren't enough actual, factual reasons when you need to push the argument to those and other lows.

My god, i drive a truck too, i must have negative penis. I guess It's those prius driving gun hating vegans that are carrying the heavy artillery.