Something is rotten with the state of Israel

On March 6th it was reported that “Israeli forces have sprayed Palestinian homes in the village of Nabi Saleh with Skunk as a punishment for organizing weekly protests against the Apartheid Wall built on occupied land. Human rights watchdog B’Tselem published a

showing Israel’s armoured tanker trucks fitted with “water canons” [spraying] the foul fluid.”

It is reported that the Israeli forces also targeted all the houses of the village with the liquid formula. A B'Tselem report pointed out the effects of this 'Skunk' spray included causing environmental damage. B'Tselem has reported that this non-lethal weapon has been added to Israel's armoury for crowd control, even though the video shows clearly that it is also used against Palestinian-owned property.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering where they would get that many skunks in Israel, but really according to Wiki it's not harmful and is not raw sewage and it sure beats lethal force.

"Skunk" is a malodorant, non-lethal weapon used for crowd control by the Israeli Defense Forces. ....

According to David Ben Harosh, head of technological development for the Israeli police, the recipe is based entirely on natural organic ingredients, including yeast and baking powder, does not include any harmful materials, and may even be ingested without causing harm.

Maybe it would be better to complain about the Saudi Arabian executioner who beheaded Rizana Nafeek, a Sri Lankan maid accused of killing her child. She had no access to lawyers during her pre-trial interrogation (when she signed a “confession” written in Arabic, which she didn’t understand) or at her first trial. Maybe outrage would be better directed at these types of lethal instances. Or maybe it would be be better to complain about Palestinian armed groups in Gaza violating the law by launching hundreds of rockets toward population centers in Israel - and on and on.

I was wondering where they would get that many skunks in Israel, but really according to Wiki it's not harmful and is not raw sewage and it sure beats lethal force.

In case you missed it, even though it was explained in the original post and shown in the video, the spraying of the houses with this foul stench happened because Israel wanted to punish the Palestinians who had the audacity to protest the Israeli barrier wall that cuts deep into the Palestinian territory. So I'm not sure why you're here trying to apologize for Israel's rotten action.

More from the report:

It is reported that the Israeli forces also targeted all the houses of the village with the liquid formula. A B'Tselem report pointed out the effects of this 'Skunk' spray included causing environmental damage. B'Tselem has reported that this non-lethal weapon has been added to Israel's armoury for crowd control, even though the video shows clearly that it is also used against Palestinian-owned property.

Speaking of 'raw sewage':

Ariel settlement dumps sewage on Palestinian town

According to the Palestinian Water Authority, the settlement of Ariel has been pumping its sewage directly into the nearby Palestinian village of Bruqin, creating a dangerous and unhealthy situation for the residents of Bruqin.

Guest American Woman

All that is "reported" and/or stated in "reports" is not true and/or accurate.

Edited by American Woman

All that is "reported" and/or stated in "reports" is not true and/or accurate.

Well, scribblet said

http://en.wikipedia..../Skunk_(weapon)

"Skunk" is a malodorant, non-lethal weapon used for crowd control by the Israeli Defense Forces. ....

According to David Ben Harosh, head of technological development for the Israeli police, the recipe is based entirely on natural organic ingredients, including yeast and baking powder, does not include any harmful materials, and may even be ingested without causing harm.

so it would seem to be accurate as aknoledged by IDF.

Guest American Woman

Well, scribblet said

so it would seem to be accurate as aknoledged by IDF.

I question this: "It is reported that the Israeli forces also targeted all the houses of the village with the liquid formula. A B'Tselem report pointed out the effects of this 'Skunk' spray included causing environmental damage." Which is why I was quoted that part of the post. So no, what I quoted is far from accurate "as acknowledged by the IDF," who in fact, said it "does not include any harmful materials" and certainly said nothing about "targeting all the houses in the village with the liquid formula."

Edited by American Woman

American Woman, did you miss the video where the trucks were spraying the houses? Do you base your judgement on anything specific or is this just another auto-apologize for Israel appearance?

But stuff like this you give a pass. So no wonder you're just viewed as Hamas's latest mouth piece here at MLW..

But stuff like this you give a pass.

Of course not. I don't think anyone here condones those actions. Canada and most of the world does not support the Syrian government's actions.

Unfortunately, the government of Canada and the U.S.give a pass to Israel's actions. This is why we should speak out against it and tell our governments that they do not speak for us when they fail to condemn any human rights actions and give unconditional support for those who commit them.

Of course not. I don't think anyone here condones those actions. Canada and most of the world does not support the Syrian government's actions.

Unfortunately, the government of Canada and the U.S.give a pass to Israel's actions. This is why we should speak out against it and tell our governments that they do not speak for us when they fail to condemn any human rights actions and give unconditional support for those who commit them.

Yes, yes...you're a humanitarian with no borders. We can tell by your singular subject matter.

Guest American Woman

American Woman, did you miss the video where the trucks were spraying the houses? Do you base your judgement on anything specific or is this just another auto-apologize for Israel appearance?

Do you realize that "the houses" in the video don't necessarily = "all the houses of the village?" Unless you have proof that supports that claim, I will continue to question it - because I do base my "judgement" on specifics, which have not been provided, rather than an unsubstantiated claim of "it's been reported."

Edited by American Woman

Whether it is "all" the houses or not is not a concern to me. You find the oddest points to get worked up about. Points that are insignificant to the issue.

The fact that Israel is punishing Palestinians by spraying their homes with a foul substance because they have protested the Israeli wall that cuts into their land is my concern.

Guest American Woman

Whether it is "all" the houses or not is not a concern to me. You find the oddest points to get worked up about. Points that are insignificant to the issue.

What is or is not a concern to you means nothing to me; I don't base what I question on whether or not it's a concern to you. I happen to be concerned with whether or not what is being claimed is true or not. There is, even though you aren't concerned about it, a huge difference between "some" and "all." "Some" would support Israel's claim that specific houses have been targeted for specific reasons - while "all" says something else entirely. So while you may not be concerned with the truth, I am. Therefore I question it, just as I said.

That you think "questioning" an unsubstantiated accusation is "odd" is quite telling.

The fact that Israel is punishing Palestinians by spraying their homes with a foul substance because they have protested the Israeli wall that cuts into their land is my concern.

"The Palestinians" and 'those who have been targeted for specific behavior' are two very different things. Edited by American Woman

What is or is not a concern to you means nothing to me; I don't base what I question on whether or not it's a concern to you. I happen to be concerned with whether or not what is being claimed is true or not. There is, even though you aren't concerned about it, a huge difference between "some" and "all." "Some" would support Israel's claim that specific houses have been targeted for specific reasons - while "all" says something else entirely. So while you may not be concerned with the truth, I am. Therefore I question it, just as I said.

That you think "questioning" an unsubstantiated accusation is "odd" is quite telling.

"The Palestinians" and 'those who have been targeted for specific behavior' are two very different things.

2 points:

#1 - How about you come up with information showing that Israel only sprayed "some" of the homes.

#2 - Tell me how it's okay for Israel to spray homes to punish people for protesting the barrier.

Guest American Woman

2 points:

#1 - How about you come up with information showing that Israel only sprayed "some" of the homes.

#2 - Tell me how it's okay for Israel to spray homes to punish people for protesting the barrier.

#1 - How about you provide proof showing that Israel sprayed "all homes in the Village." Until you do, I will question it as it's nothing more than an unsubstantiated claim, as I've pointed out repeatedly now.

#2 - That's your take on it. Israel has another explanation.

uhhh... lower your sights... the focus is 'skunk-spraying'. Apparently, AW suggests Israel has an explanation - another one. Perhaps we'll hear more from her.

Israel will continue to play the Grinch as long as the Palestinians still insist upon the part of the Koran about Apes and Pigs.

Israel will continue to play the Grinch as long as the Palestinians still insist upon the part of the Koran about Apes and Pigs.

and teach about the 'protocols of zion' along with a host of other hatred of Jews they indoctrinate their kids with.

and teach about the 'protocols of zion' along with a host of other hatred of Jews they indoctrinate their kids with.

this is so confusing... I thought I saw/heard all those Israelis responding positively... enthusiastically... to the recent days Palestinian self-determination and 2-state emphasis U.S. President Obama spoke to during his recent visit to Israel. Those must not be the skunk-sprayers, hey?

this is so confusing... I thought I saw/heard all those Israelis responding positively... enthusiastically... to the recent days Palestinian self-determination and 2-state emphasis U.S. President Obama spoke to during his recent visit to Israel. Those must not be the skunk-sprayers, hey?

Should have said "yes" in 1947. Sucks to be them.

Should have said "yes" in 1947. Sucks to be them.

??? translation... is there a translator in the house?