What are Justin Trudeau's views?

So his policies will have to be:

Gut the military.

Give in to the natives.

Start hanging with dictators again.

Open up immigration again to everyone.

No pipelines.

He will have to be opposite of harper ,so what else will he do?

What if I want:

Gut the military and stop sending young people to die overseas.

Stop recognizing natives. All people should be treated equal.

Start hanging with dictators again as long as there are money to be made for Canadians (when did we stop?)

Open up immigration to everyone with skills, stop accepting refugees.

Pipelines

Stop attacking same sex marriage and abortion, gradually remove government from personal businesses.

I guess that's a pipe dream in Canada. Harper, Trudeau, they all want a bigger government. They just can't agree on how to interfere with people's lives.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He couldnt possible bring in more than Harper . Harper has brought in the most of anyone.

So much for being in the know huh?

I thought you had connections and insider info?

As in let everybody stay. The consevatives are the 1st goverment that took on this mess head on, when everyone else was to scared to touch it.

As in let everybody stay. The consevatives are the 1st goverment that took on this mess head on, when everyone else was to scared to touch it.

The Conservatives have let in the most immigrants of anyone in history.

You said otherwise, now you say they took it head on. They sure did, they opened the floodgates, something you dont like if it s Liberal govt.

Connected huh? Yea....about that....

Edited by guyser

I agree and I hope the number drops, I was refering to how they have started the process to clean it up. My mistake for not being clearer. But JT has said he wants to go back to bringing all your family here, and that policy has filled the up the hospitals with people that have lived all their lives somewhere else but come here and take advantage of our health care system. What about the billions the CPC wants to spend on ships, what does trudeau think, going to cancell that? And I seen a poll today that 73% of canadians say that nobody would pay any attention to him without him having that name.

The Conservatives have let in the most immigrants of anyone in history.

You said otherwise, now you say they took it head on. They sure did, they opened the floodgates, something you dont like if it s Liberal govt.

In 1986 225,000 immigrants came to Canada. Preston Manning started the Reform Party in 1987. One of the ways the Reform Party was different was it wasn't afraid to disagree with the political and cultural elites. All the parties to that point in time marched in perfect lockstep on immigration, as well as on abortion, the death penalty, bilingualism, and other subjects. No deviation was accepted. The Reform Party was the first major party to articulate the feeling of vast numbers of Canadians on these subjects. On immigration, many, if not the majority of Canadians felt we were taking in too many immigrants, and the wrong kind of immigrants. The Reform Party agreed, shocking and horrifying the political and cultural elites.

Notwithstanding the fact they had a lot of visible minorities in their ranks, far more than the liberals or tories, they were immediately attacked as racists, bigots, homophobes, dinosaurs, etc., by most of the mainstream media, as well as the three liberal parties in parliament. The slightest ill-thought remark by any Reformer, be he MP or candidate or simple party supporter brought huge headlines from a delighted media eager to smear them.

Over the years, this had the desired effect. The Reform party morphed into the more liberal Alliance which morphed into the even more liberal Conservatives (no pun intended). These 'conservatives' are as firmly opposed to the death penalty and as firmly supportive of bilingualism, abortion rights, gay rights, and wide-open immigration as, well, the Progressive Conservative Party which was originally displaced by the Reformers. In essence, this Conservative Party is about as conservative as Pierre Trudeau's Liberals. There is no discernible political difference now between the Conservatives and the old Joe Clark PCs.

Now these 'conservatives' too have built up political ties to ethnic communities, ties they exploit every election, as well as ties with the business community, which wants cheap, obedient workers. So despite the fact no one has ever demonstrated that large scale immigration (Canada lets in twice as many immigrants as the US on a per capita basis) is good for the economy or society, the interests of the Progressive Conservative Party, er, the Conservative Party, will ensure they continue to support large scale immigration.

And don't expect anything else from the other parties. They march in lockstep. If anything, the other parties outdo the tories on their determination to please ethnic voting blocks. The Liberals campaigned on increasing immigration to 1% of the population from its' current 0.8%. The NDP wants it even higher. None of these parties know or care if this is good for the economy or society or Canada's future. They only care about ethnic voting blocks and pleasing big business.

Edited by Argus

Okay so, Conservatives campaign like Reformers and govern like PC's and Liberals campaign like NDP/Greens and govern like PC's too.

The point that I would hope should be more apparent, is not about who, what or why they do what they do when in power but how they do it. This should move more of our attention more constructively onto issues strung out along the top vs down (government vs governed) axis instead of the usual and increasingly pointless left vs right axis but it doesn't.

Pity dat.

For a long time, immigration quotas were determined by the number of new tax payers needed to continue the various Ponzi schemes the government runs. EI, healthcare, OAS and till recently CPP required an influx of high birthrate immigrants since the multi-generational Canadians were showing a progressively lower birth rate.

Finally the education and employability of the applicants are being given more weight, and sob-story inclusion of barely connected relatives is being curtailed, but it is still a matter of funding unsustainable government gimmes.

If healthcare is an unsustainable government gimme, then it's unsustainable no matter who is paying for it. We might as well cover as many people as we can then. The same really goes for OAS. It's not projected to grow much as a percentage of GDP, and with the changes probably won't grow at all.

For a long time fishing quotas were determined by how many fish returned to our rivers and pretty much divided equally amongst gear types all along the coast. Then the government came up with various wacky fish management schemes determined by wealthy powerful lobbyists, senior bureaucrats, deputy ministers etc 1000's of miles from the nearest salmon, ocean or dependant community. This progressively lowered the birthrate of salmon not to mention depopulating the coast of many human beings and dispossessing a network of communities of their economic base.

It's a sob story of exclusion of communities and families deeply connected to each other and the ecosystems they depend on that was facilitated to sustain government gimmies to the usual suspects.

If it's not one unsustainable government policy we're crying about it's another.

For a long time, immigration quotas were determined by the number of new tax payers needed to continue the various Ponzi schemes the government runs. EI, healthcare, OAS and till recently CPP required an influx of high birthrate immigrants since the multi-generational Canadians were showing a progressively lower birth rate.

Finally the education and employability of the applicants are being given more weight, and sob-story inclusion of barely connected relatives is being curtailed, but it is still a matter of funding unsustainable government gimmes.

Immigration used to be about filling an empty country. During Trudeau's time it was about being fashionable by letting in minorities. After that it became a political tool the big parties used for donations and votes. It has not been about the economy of Canada since the early sixties. Most of the immigrants who come to Canada now are not going to be helping to support the elderly because they're on welfare or barely scraping by in minimum wage jobs.

Jason Kenny has done a great deal to change that already. Immigrants will be matched with needs, and beyond that, will be matched with Canadian qualifications.

He hasn't yet taken care of what is 90% of the problem. I don't care if you have ten degrees and are the best brain surgeon or engineer in the world, if you can't speak, read and write fluent English you'll be driving a cab.

Jason Kenny has done a great deal to change that already. Immigrants will be matched with needs, and beyond that, will be matched with Canadian qualifications.

Yeah, right. See my thread here:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/22549-rbc-replaces-canadian-staff-with-foreign-workers/

The immigration system will continue to be exploited in this way.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/22549-rbc-replaces-canadian-staff-with-foreign-workers/

Don't forget this one. Can't find Canadians qualified to dig in a mine? Give me a break.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/coal-mine-temp-workers-exacerbate-concerns-over-chinese-investment-in-bc/article10828518/

Either the government enforces that temporary workers can't take jobs Canadians can do or I promise the right wing of your party Conservatives will stay home and you will lose to a divided left which will be more left then you can ever dream. This needs to stop.

That's a totally different issue. I'm talking about economic immigrants. There is a great deal being done in that and many other areas.

Don't forget this one. Can't find Canadians qualified to dig in a mine? Give me a break.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/coal-mine-temp-workers-exacerbate-concerns-over-chinese-investment-in-bc/article10828518/

Either the government enforces that temporary workers can't take jobs Canadians can do or I promise the right wing of your party Conservatives will stay home and you will lose to a divided left which will be more left then you can ever dream. This needs to stop.

I don't know why you'd think that. The same wing you're talking about here voted happily for a guy who just as happily used to rake the so-called left-wing governments for their wheeling and dealing with dictatorships like China. The same wing is in here routinely calling people terrorists and communists, leftists even, for criticizing the government for strengthening our relationships with China.

The wing you're talking about will continue to vote for the Conservatives six days of the week and twice on Sunday.

Interesting, it says this:

Reforming Canada’s first-past-the-post electoral system so that a party’s share of the popular vote is more closely reflected in its share of the seats in the House of Commons. Trudeau would institute a preferential ballot, wherein voters would rank their choices and the winner in each riding would need to capture more than 50 per cent of the vote.

But when I checked Justin's website at the start of this thread, it said he was against proportional representation. That section of his website is currently unavailable.

So who knows?

Edited by hitops

I don't know why you'd think that. The same wing you're talking about here voted happily for a guy who just as happily used to rake the so-called left-wing governments for their wheeling and dealing with dictatorships like China. The same wing is in here routinely calling people terrorists and communists, leftists even, for criticizing the government for strengthening our relationships with China.

The wing you're talking about will continue to vote for the Conservatives six days of the week and twice on Sunday.

It might be useful to learn that China is not a dictatorship. A dictatorship by definition is ruled by a single individual, whereas China is not. China might be an oligarchy and might be totalitarian, but it is not a dictatorship.

Also note that China is also not a communist state or even leftist. It has the typical signs of early Capitalism, or more precisely, Mercantilism. States like that are usually farily right wing with conservative social views and far less progressive economical views.

It may also be useful to remember that politicians are professional liars. They say things for political reasons. For example, China is manipulating its currency, but it's not a currency manipulating country. It might be confusing to ordinary people, but it makes perfect sense in diplomatic terms. Therefore, it's not their words that matters, it's their actions.

Interesting, it says this:

Reforming Canada’s first-past-the-post electoral system so that a party’s share of the popular vote is more closely reflected in its share of the seats in the House of Commons. Trudeau would institute a preferential ballot, wherein voters would rank their choices and the winner in each riding would need to capture more than 50 per cent of the vote.

But when I checked Justin's website at the start of this thread, it said he was against proportional representation. That section of his website is currently unavailable.

So who knows?

Thats funny because he has been flip flopping on drug policy the last few months to. Could it be he wants Liberals to think he is with them on policy while at the same time he (like many Liberal leaders in the past) will do whatever he wants when he is elected?