No you are missing the point. The Government of the US and its people GAVE ME A VOTE AND A SAY. If you don't want me to have a say pass a law good luck.

That's great if it was true, but the main point is that you would be on a tax flight, and certainly escaping any California (state) taxes, just like those millionaires. Opinion does not equal relevance to the "Ryan Budget", or any other U.S. budget.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great if it was true, but the main point is that you would be on a tax flight, and certainly escaping any California (state) taxes, just like those millionaires. Opinion does not equal relevance to the "Ryan Budget", or any other U.S. budget.

I choose to live in Canada for plenty of reasons none of them have to do with taxes. Please don't try to speak of my motivations.

I choose to live in Canada for plenty of reasons none of them have to do with taxes. Please don't try to speak of my motivations.

I'm sure you have plenty of reasons that are none of my business, but the 'fact' is that you have divorced yourself (legally or illegally) from U.S. taxes, all while opining about the budgets and spending to be financed on the backs of real American taxpayers.

I could come up with all kinds of crazy opinions about taxes and budgets in Canada if I didn't have to pay them.

The vote you made with your feet has more significance than the one you write down on a piece of paper every few years,

The vote you made with your feet has more significance than the one you write down on a piece of paper every few years,

Can you not tell me why I live where I live. This is even worse then you rewriting history, now you are trying to tell what my motivations for my behavior is? Seriously?

I'm sure you have plenty of reasons that are none of my business, but the 'fact' is that you have divorced yourself (legally or illegally) from U.S. taxes, all while opining about the budgets and spending to be financed on the backs of real American taxpayers.

I could come up with all kinds of crazy opinions about taxes and budgets in Canada if I didn't have to pay them.

I file my US taxes every year. How the US choses to administer those taxes is up to them.

The issue goes beyond tax flights. I think it's immoral for the government to take more than half of your income. At that point, you cease working for yourself, or your family.

Is that your response to the question of why $5.7 trillion in tax cuts is important at a time when the deficit is allegedly the great issue facing America?

-k

Is that your response to the question of why $5.7 trillion in tax cuts is important at a time when the deficit is allegedly the great issue facing America?

-k

You're confusing deficits with debt. A common mistake. However, I'm definitely in favour of a more simple tax code, lowering rates, and closing loopholes and deductions. Economic growth is the key to raising the most revenue. If indeed that is the goal. But most of your side are interested in so-called fairness, not economic growth. Your'e still busy trying to figure out how to grow an economy without anyone becoming rich, or anyone that's currently rich getting richer. Which is impossible. I'm also in favour of slowing the growth of federal spending, and reforming entitlements so that they become sustainable.

By blowing a 6 Trillion dollar whole in the long term budget? I don't think anyone takes this document seriously.

Apparently the Democrats do, as it forces them to finally write a budget of their own. Regardless, revenues vary with the economy, but entitlement spending is relentless. Starve the beast.....

Apparently the Democrats do, as it forces them to finally write a budget of their own. Regardless, revenues vary with the economy, but entitlement spending is relentless. Starve the beast.....

No the fiscal cliff deal did that remember? I have no idea what you are talking about for your second sentence but Republicans can have a good time running on starve the beast it has done them so well the last few elections keep it up.

I agree....now they have nothing more to lose. The big sequester scare drama from the President and his party didn't work. Slash the budgets....watch 'em squirm.

Well I'll wait for the GDP numbers for that one considering most the Sequester hasn't kicked in yet seems to be a little to early to talk about it. Most of the furloughs kick in at the end of April remember the Sequester is more a tricking cut with each day bringing a different cut in for the rest of the fiscal year. So acting like a Sequester which is 10% rolled out is the whole thing is disingenuous. If GDP growth and job growth slows the President is going to blame the Republicans and if the economists and media back him up Nov 2014 might not be great a day for the GOP and the President wont be the one squirming.

... If GDP growth and job growth slows the President is going to blame the Republicans and if the economists and media back him up Nov 2014 might not be great a day for the GOP and the President wont be the one squirming.

Doesn't matter...Americans are already chopping budgets at state and local levels, which must balance by law. Playing games with politics may be fun for you, but the bottom line can be measured in real (deflated) dollars. Obama is already a lame duck....