North Korea can blow up my house what about yours?

So north Korea is like probably being sanctioned in the next hour or so. They say they are going to rip up the armistice and preemptively nuke the US.

I was surpised to find out they can reach my home in Northern Ontario.

I'm actually very much stop aggravating N.K. in mind and give them their islands back.

But I could help but be reminded off.....

<a href="
">This</a>

What a crazy war that would be.

Except for the death carnage and torment, it would be awsome in terms of war to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F33N8cgEceI

I thought I heard jets flying out from Trenton earlier this morning but maybe I'm wrong and it was just commercial jets flying out west... probably so, paranoia right.

Edited by shortlived

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So north Korea is like probably being sanctioned in the next hour or so. They say they are going to rip up the armistice and preemptively nuke the US.

I'm actually very much stop aggravating N.K. in mind and give them their islands back.

But I could help but be reminded off.....

<a href="
">This</a>

NK cannot do anything to the US, the only nation they can actually hurt is South Korea. They cannot reap up the armistice because they lost the last war and were saved only through the interference of the Chinese Army and I don't think China will bother helping them this time around.

What a crazy war that would be.

Except for the death carnage and torment, it would be awsome in terms of war to date.

You have a very disgusting definition of awesome... is it your version of entertainment to see millions of people die in a matter of hours?

I thought I heard jets flying out from Trenton earlier this morning but maybe I'm wrong and it was just commercial jets flying out west... probably so, paranoia right.

What does it matter if aircraft are flying out of Trenton? I mean it is an RCAF base and aircraft lift off and land there on a regular basis which is kind of the point of it being an Air Force base.

And the best part:

The new sanctions are aimed at reining in North Korea's nuclear and missile programs by making it more difficult for Pyongyang to finance and obtain material for these programs, tracking illegal diplomatic activity and intensifying inspections of cargo to and from the country. In a measure targeted at the reclusive nation's ruling elite, the resolution bans all nations from exporting expensive jewelry, yachts, luxury automobiles and racing cars to the North.

They are angry because the sanctions this time are aimed at the quality of life for the leadership...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/07/north-korea-un-security-council.html

And the best part:

"In a measure targeted at the reclusive nation's ruling elite, the resolution bans all nations from exporting expensive jewelry, yachts, luxury automobiles and racing cars to the North."

They are angry because the sanctions this time are aimed at the quality of life for the leadership...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/07/north-korea-un-security-council.html

Haha I like that a lot.

N. Korea is really playing with fire this time. Threatening preemptive nuclear war is not a good way to make friends. I guess we now know that the apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh? Is it considered a declaration of war? Seems the rhetoric was ramped up a few notches...

They can't, not from North Korea anyway. Last time I heard (last year) is that their rocket range barely reached the south-western most tip of Alaska, let alone expecting them to travel almost twice(?) the length to Northern Ontario.

Edited by Sleipnir

Guest Derek L

NK cannot do anything to the US, the only nation they can actually hurt is South Korea. They cannot reap up the armistice because they lost the last war and were saved only through the interference of the Chinese Army and I don't think China will bother helping them this time around.

And a whole bunch of Americans in Japan…..

Guest Derek L

They can't, not from North Korea anyway. Last time I heard (last year) is that their rocket range barely reached the south-western most tip of Alaska, let alone expecting them to travel almost twice(?) the length to Northern Ontario.

Their ICBMs, with a payload, might be able to hit as far away as Guam..........Anywhere in Japan and South Korean mind you...........But with their recent satellite launch, they’ve demonstrated that they are getting closer to developing “Big Boy” ICBMs.

Their ICBMs, with a payload, might be able to hit as far away as Guam..........Anywhere in Japan and South Korean mind you...........But with their recent satellite launch, they’ve demonstrated that they are getting closer to developing “Big Boy” ICBMs.

It a country that's been increasingly isolated for decades so what are the chances of them acquiring technologies that may prove difficult for the U.S to handle? Beside, I'm sure the military might of Japan and South Korea would get involved with the U.S if N. Korea strikes any of the three targets.

That saying I failed see N. Korea as a threat, rather their leader bellowing hot air like a teenager denied to stay past his curfew hours.

And a whole bunch of Americans in Japan…..

I don't think they have the ability to do much with the nukes they have, my view is that they can hurt South Korea because of their obsolete but extensive artillery which is deployed along the border. The US and SK won't have a problem taking it out but before they can the north can wreak havoc in highly populated areas. As for them being able to kill Americas...the US forces in South Korea are the only Americans in any real danger.

Guest Derek L

It a country that's been increasingly isolated for decades so what are the chances of them acquiring technologies that may prove difficult for the U.S to handle? Beside, I'm sure the military might of Japan and South Korea would get involved with the U.S if N. Korea strikes any of the three targets.

That saying I failed see N. Korea as a threat, rather their leader bellowing hot air like a teenager denied to stay past his curfew hours.

The military might of Japan and South Korea (plus over 100k US servicemen and women) could be made moot with a preemptive strike.....

Guest Derek L

I don't think they have the ability to do much with the nukes they have, my view is that they can hurt South Korea because of their obsolete but extensive artillery which is deployed along the border. The US and SK won't have a problem taking it out but before they can the north can wreak havoc in highly populated areas. As for them being able to kill Americas...the US forces in South Korea are the only Americans in any real danger.

Nobody, other then the North Koreans, really know the extent of their nuclear and IRBM capabilities…..As such, over the last several years the US 7th fleet has been bolstered with the number of BMD capable Cruisers and Destroyers……..I would take any bets that Destroyer Squadron 15 doesn’t have 1-2 vessels constantly within the Sea of Japan……..

Pay your insurance and relax . (but then again, war is excluded act so hope they dont declare it)

And you heard airplanes out of Trenton.....and you say you live in N Ont ? ...um....

My home is in Northern Ontario, I live many places. I'm senate material.

I was in Southern Ontario at the time.

Oh and they cancled the armistice........???????????/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/03/07/north-korea-cancels-peace-deal.html

Although CBC is really getting its words minced lately.. IT WAS A TRUCE NOT "PEACE"

Maybe they are just trying to help with the war games? You know make it more real???

but is all the korean peninsula korea? without the armistice?

Edited by shortlived

The military might of Japan and South Korea (plus over 100k US servicemen and women) could be made moot with a preemptive strike.....

Korea has an army larger in personnel than the US...

although it is about

1,106,000 (ranked 4th) officially.

Their "reserve" is about 8 million.

Their artillery alone would obliterate soeul in minutes.

A nuclear explosion high alittude could wipe out japanese and south korean electronics.

Of course all they could really probably do is occupy south korea. Not really sure where they could get from there..

Of course their navy has more troops than all the canadian forces? Not so sure about getting over here with them?

orth Korea's fleet consist of approximately 630 combat vessels (Patrol

craft, guided missile boats, torpedo boats, fire support craft,

destroyers, frigates, corvettes, and three cruisers), 100 submarines,

and 340 support craft (landing craft, hovercraft)

I dunno I'm a little skeptical North Korea will engulf the US in a fireball. I'm willing to bet 20 bucks they wont. Any takers, Kim Un?

Edited by shortlived

1) Korea has an army larger in personnel than the US...

2) I dunno I'm a little skeptical North Korea will engulf the US in a fireball. I'm willing to bet 20 bucks they wont. Any takers, Kim Un?

1) Numbers don't really mean anything if the soldiers aren't properly equip, let alone with proper food (in which N. Korea always seem to lack in).

The whole army display in N. Korea seems to be a façade to the empty hollow interior that would not be able to defend themselves against a SU-47. But that's just my opinion.

2) They're practically begging the US to strike them! Never before in history of mankind has a nation been so specific and serious about launching a nuclear strike against another nation.

Edited by Sleipnir

The US only has around 30,000 troops in Korea but that doesn't include whatever naval assets they may have in the area. South Korea has over 600,000 active military and almost 3 million reservists. With air superiority, they would not be a push over. If it came down to nukes, if the North tried a first strike, one Trident submarine somewhere in the Pacific or Sea of Japan could turn all of North Korea into a briquette.

Guest Derek L

The US only has around 30,000 troops in Korea but that doesn't include whatever naval assets they may have in the area. South Korea has over 600,000 active military and almost 3 million reservists. With air superiority, they would not be a push over. If it came down to nukes, if the North tried a first strike, one Trident submarine somewhere in the Pacific or Sea of Japan could turn all of North Korea into a briquette.

Plus the III Marine Expeditionary Force in Okinawa, and the 7th fleet in Yokosuka……..

1) Numbers don't really mean anything if the soldiers aren't properly equip, let alone with proper food (in which N. Korea always seem to lack in).

The whole army display in N. Korea seems to be a façade to the empty hollow interior that would not be able to defend themselves against a SU-47. But that's just my opinion.

2) They're practically begging the US to strike them! Never before in history of mankind has a nation been so specific and serious about launching a nuclear strike against another nation.

By the look of these guys mastering of the cancan I am convinced they could be armed with spoons and pose a greater threat to human life than the US military combined forces.

It would be a hell of a week...

"Kim Jung-Un himself was even quoted in China as saying "We would only sustain 5 to 10 days of fighting before total collapse"

Their will alone must move mountains I could not march the cancan on 500 calories a day. I probably ate more today than they eat in 3 days. or a week.

If I was being starved like that I would nuke people, and use the spoon to get some meat.

Kim Un appears well fed though, so the chance of him launching seems slim.

This is simply a matter of carrying capacity.

I want to go to north korea to help them grow food more effectively. Its not just the common folk starving or the criminals, its everyone, well almost everyone.

I would canabalize the dead.

.. hmm.

Edited by shortlived

By the look of these guys mastering of the cancan I am convinced they could be armed with spoons and pose a greater threat to human life than the US military combined forces.

It would be a hell of a week...

"Kim Jung-Un himself was even quoted in China as saying "We would only sustain 5 to 10 days of fighting before total collapse"

Their will alone must move mountains I could not march the cancan on 500 calories a day. I probably ate more today than they eat in 3 days. or a week.

If I was being starved like that I would nuke people, and use the spoon to get some meat.

Kim Un appears well fed though, so the chance of him launching seems slim.

This is simply a matter of carrying capacity.

I want to go to north korea to help them grow food more effectively. Its not just the common folk starving or the criminals, its everyone, well almost everyone.

I would canabalize the dead.

.. hmm.

The only thing North Korea has, is tonnes (or is it tons) of shells pointed at Seoul, and a huge army to defend those installations.

You don't need all that much time to start blowing the censored out of a city full of tall office towers.

Add a nuke tip to one of those shells (which they almost certainly are able to do) and you get a little more bang for your buck.