Canadian Terrorists: Who Are They?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes the point well though...

Nonsense...we have nothing to worry about re: Islam. It's the Religion of Peace™, after all. Over a billion liberal minded folk, keen on multiculturalism and religious plurality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbFb6TPVEA

I'm sure you're all acutely aware that Muslims have killed more other Muslims than they have people in the West. Why would that be? Oh right. As the intelligence agencies have said, it's politically motivated first and foremost, which means it has little to do with the religion.

I'm sure you're all acutely aware that Muslims have killed more other Muslims than they have people in the West. Why would that be? Oh right. As the intelligence agencies have said, it's politically motivated first and foremost, which means it has little to do with the religion.

Indeed. Shia and Sunni wars are purely over whether taxes should be raised to pave roads.

Edited by DogOnPorch

You are aware that there are different sects, with different beliefs, who kill each other? Due to their different religious beliefs. As in, another infidel bites the dust.

We aren't the only infidels in the world to the Sunnis. I don't think we're even the worst.

I like how you all conveniently ignore what the intelligence agencies who monitor terrorism have actually said about the reasons for people becoming terrorists in favour of your own myopic and bigoted biases.

OK...explain to me in words that I can grasp...duh...as to why Shia and Sunni kill each other with such abandon? I say taxes.

I like how you all conveniently ignore what the intelligence agencies who monitor terrorism have actually said about the reasons for people becoming terrorists in favour of your own myopic and bigoted biases.

This from Wiki...

Sectarian violence and/or sectarian strife is violence inspired by sectarianism, that is, between different sects of one particular mode of ideology or religion within a nation/community. Religious segregation often plays a role in sectarian violence.

Sectarian violence among Muslims has been noted from the time of the first century of islam to the present day.

This from Wiki...

Sectarian violence and/or sectarian strife is violence inspired by sectarianism, that is, between different sects of one particular mode of ideology or religion within a nation/community. Religious segregation often plays a role in sectarian violence.

Sectarian violence among Muslims has been noted from the time of the first century of islam to the present day.

Which is exactly what the intelligence community has been saying. It is political in the sense that the violence is over territory and religion is used as an excuse. According to your post it is about "segregation", which is a different way of saying the same thing. Maybe that will clear up your misunderstanding of what you just posted.

Which is exactly what the intelligence community has been saying. It is political in the sense that the violence is over territory and religion is used as an excuse. According to your post it is about "segregation", which is a different way of saying the same thing. Maybe that will clear up your misunderstanding of what you just posted.

No misunderstanding on my part. I'm at a loss to understand yours. My post is really clear.

Because the country is built on immigration, and you're barring people who want to get away from that type of thing. You're also denying Canada a lot of good immigrants to stop a tiny number of bad ones. And there's no evidence that other groups are better, on the whole.

-------

Yes it is built on immigration, which may or may not be the answer to our population increases....But where does it say we must include every race, religion, culture ETC. where does it say we can not cherry pick from the races, cultures religions that are not on the news everyday ......i'll use Iceland for an example.....I get it that alot of others are trying to flee problems in their own countries, As for evidence there is plenty of evidence, you just have to look for it. I mean Khadrs is a prime example, we let a know terrorist supporter in, shit the PM laid out the carpet for him, and yet that has not created any grief has it, there is evidence that 2 nd genation imigrants are now a group to watch, the toronto 8 another example, CSIS has release many reports stating that there is thousands of Canadians fighting in foreign conflicts, on all sides.....there has been dozens of reports , books with all kinds of proof that Canada is a safe haven for terrorists.....

------------

Yes, I do see the gap closing. The middle east is starting to come alive now that there's a possibility for people to take power into their own hands.

-----------------

Really, Have you tried to publish a cartoon, burn the koran, go on public TV and denouce ISlam....Yes there is alot of news in the middle east, alot of regime changes.....and yes the people want change, but it looks nothing like we have , in fact i'd say very little has changed...and the crowds that are driving these changes are just as bad....Muslim brotherhood sound familar....

---------------

What do you mean 'they' ? The leaders ? There is a path, a chance for progress. GW Bush saw it too.

The entire race, culture and religion.....is what i mean....they are not ready to be exposed to our culture yet...and we are not ready to solve all the problems they bring....until both sides can meet in the middle i say NEXT....and keep them out...

There is a path, but THEY must chose to take it on their own, THEY must solve these problems on their own, GW Bush try to solve it with the military option how did that work for him....And how is Iraq today.....

You wasted your time then, as the assertion wasn't proven. How do seven independent stories prove that a religion is trying to kill anyone who disagrees with it ? Unfortunately, we've been down this road before and people don't seem to learn what a "proof" isn't.

While on tour , a young American service man burns the Koran, for the next 2 weeks we are cofined to our bases all across Afghan as the population calls for blood, "hundreds" of locals are killed by these raging crowds.....millions of dollars of damages....how is that not proof.....it was not just a few hundrd , it was thousands upon thousands....and it went viral, whipping across the middle east like a fire storm pull up news footage on the topic......These are the people we want to grant citizenship to....i say pass, no thanks....

So could you name a middle eastern country that you would take your family vacation in tomorrow...and while i some what agree with you, this whole ball of worms dates back more than 40 years ago, at this point it's moot how it started, but religion is doing more than it's share to spread the flames....