Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

I'm very skeptical that people want him to get help for his well being, they want him to get help because then he won't be an acting mayor and they can use that against him if he runs again.

This is pretty paranoid. His problems are affecting his job as mayor, sure. People hate the way he does his job as mayor, very true. However, I think many people, not everyone obviously, can separate political disagreements from personal concern for the guy. I think he's a pitiful politician, but certainly don't want to see the guy spiral out of control. I, like many others here, believed that the media was blowing things out of proportion in the past, simply because Ford is a caricature of a man. When I really started getting concerned was when close family friends started resigning from his staff and telling him to get help. That's not media bias. That's genuine concern. This is when I realized that Ford most likely has a serious problem that goes even deeper than what we see in the media. You've got to consider we only catch glimpses of this stuff. What are his friends and colleagues seeing that they're dropping like flies begging him to get help?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good mayor that is what people want. Just becaue the elitist snobs of toronto are embarressed ,to bad. The campaign against ford is what people are shaking thier heads at, not ford himself. All you have to do is listen to talk shows and read letters to editors in non toronto papers, to see that ford is well like across the country. You want to blame somebody then blame the star.

I completely disagree with you. I DO NOT WANT A DRUNK MAYOR. Trying to justifying his being drunk my saying he is otherwise good misses the issue. The issue as not his policies, its his choosing to be drunk in public.

The Toronto Star did not tell him to drink and then walk around in public drunk. Blaming him for this incident is illogical. Don't scapegoat the Star for his lifestyel choices. I am the first to criticize the Star but give it a rest on that one because the Sun which is pro Ford also covered the story and were no different in their coverage.

The only issue is this-is it acceptable for ANY Mayor to choose to be drunk in public. By doing so he not the Star or me or anyone else blurred the line between politician and his job as mayor and therefore individual right to privacy was given up by him and his decision to act out his drunkeness in public. He chose to waive his privacy.

If he was at home getting drunk there is no issue now is there. However once he walks around in public AS MAYOR functioning AS MAYOR and being drunk at the same time I have the right to say no, NO MAYOR, NO POLITICIAN who is drunk in public is above criticism. I expect more than my Mayor or elected politicians acting like drunken fools. Their drunkeness shows me they not only do not care about themselves, but me and everyone else as well.

No its not acceptable to be drunk in public. You and I get can arrested for disorderly conduct and none of us appreciate drunks stumbling about making a nuisance of themselves and showing lack of judgement. They are an accident or crime waiting to happen. For those of you who say it is cute, that reflects your personal standards but don't tell me as a taxpayer and voter,

that I must accept a drunk mayor. I won't and no I don't stumble around drunk. I am not a teenager acting out anymore. I take responsibility for my behaviour.

Rob Ford clearly has issues. He stood up his own media handlers which shows something is seriously wrong with him. He is disappearing from his own staff and without their knowing showing up some place else drunk. That is absolutely unacceptable of a Mayor to do.

It shows not just disrespect for the public at large but his own staff and police.

The time line is also not acceptable. He would have had to have been drunk while he was driving. He has a convenient excuse now to avoid looking like he was driving drunk but the fact is he disappeared with his car and shows up later drunk and then you expect me to believe he only drank after he got out of his car but interestingly he won't tell anyone where he went to drink and no one has indicated they served him. DO NOT INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE asking me to swallow such b..s. If one of my children told me such b.s. and showed up drunk I would of course lower the hammer on them. His Mayor status does not excuse public intoxication necessarily interconnected to his sudden disappearance.

His judgement when drinking is not acceptable. You saw it. He started posing with anyone. What if one of those people was dangerous and stabbed him? What kind of idiot as a public figure goes out alone and drunk and makes himself a target for being killed or seriously hurt? The answer? The same kind of irresponsible idiot who drives while he is drunk then covers up that fact by saying he drove to the middle of nowhere. Got out. Then drank, then walked back to near the vicinity of his vehicle drunk but nobody remembers him in a public place near his car drinking but they can remember him showing up at a prison at 7 pm on a Friday demanding to see a prisoner which he knows is not allowed. Its a clear sequence of irrational and unacceptable behaviour showing lack of judgement-classic drunken alcoholic behaviour...and this after he already had such a huge contraversy of posing with drug dealers? Enough is enough.

You call yourself a supporter of Rob Ford? Why would you support his alcoholism? If you really believe in this man, write him and tell him you are a supporter but his drinking in pubic, his drunkeness, his not so slow public suicide is not acceptable.

I am the first to defend this Mayor on unfounded allegations. Not on this one. He has zero excuses and even his brother who made an idiot of himself trying to trivialize hhis brother's drinking back tracked.

He is a Mayor for f..k's sakes. How does exhibiting public drunkeness uphold his office as Mayor? What kind of role model is he to young people?

This latest issue goes to his personal behaviour while functioning in public as Mayor. He deliberately placed himself drunk and in public view and waiced any privacy expectations-end of story. Now he answers to me, you and everyone else and don't make sweeping generalizations that people think his behaviour is o.k. Its not. More to the point, if a thousand people tell me they find public drunken conduct o.k. it does not make it o.k. Common sense not your assumptions of what the public finds acceptable dictates the reasonableness of certain behaviour.

The fact a crowd encourages me to act like a drunk bafoon or condones I drink like one or finds it cute, does not make it cute.

Everyone laughed and thought Chris Farley and his drunken behaviour and morbid obesity was cute. Where is he now? Where is John Belushi? Where is John Candy? You think they would be dead if people like you did not cheer on their self destruction?

Rob Ford needs people to say no-no more. Enough is enough.

Mark my words and read this back. He is dead within 2 years if he does not become sober and go on a diet. Period.

No I do not want a drunk driving my taxi. No I do not want a drunk driving my city. If he wants to take himself off the road and park himself at home and then drink and eat himself to death, so be it-commit his suicide in public you bet I will speak out.

I feel sorry for his wife and family. It must be devestating for them seeing him refuse to acknowledge his mental and substance abuse issues and show them such lack of respect.

Edited by Rue

But david millar was a great mayor then. Give us a break, a drunken ford is 10x the mayor then millar ever was. And because of the great toronto star, they just made sure he wins again. If anybody is the joke here it is the star.

But david millar was a great mayor then. Give us a break, a drunken ford is 10x the mayor then millar ever was. And because of the great toronto star, they just made sure he wins again. If anybody is the joke here it is the star.

This is a purely partisan position. You'd probably prefer a heroin addict with conservative "values" than someone who doesn't fit your ideology.

Indeed! Toronto's media are not professionals. They are bullies. Ford may get drunk now and then but his main sin (unforgiveable to the lefties) was to beat a politically correct soft-head. The so-called progressives are poor losers. Just look at the relentless personal attacks on PM Harper.

Exactly. They still haven't gotten over it.

If there was no video, why was the mayor's employees searching for the people that made the video?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/08/17/rob-ford-camp-tried-to-obtain-alleged-crack-video-days-after-allegations-surfaced-report/

LOL!!!!! You people are still talking about the non-existent video!! LOL!!! :lol:

Oh I forgot. It's probably my fault for bringing it up or something. :rolleyes:

Actually I did think there would be more significant WMDs. Nope on the birth certificate. Anyways, my theory on the video is that bigfoot has it.

And Rob Ford's bodyguard/driver was looking for it under Ford's orders. Not so mythical after all.....

And Rob Ford's bodyguard/driver was looking for it under Ford's orders. Not so mythical after all.....

Wow, more rumot and gossip. You guys are like a seeing circle. The obsession is getting a bit much though. Just move on, you'll feel better.

I guess if I lived in London, I'd probably be bored enough to troll threads about more interesting cities too.

You guys really need to stop taking about an alleged video until when or if it ever shows up. You're right though, Toronto is more exciting. I don't have to dodge bullets around my neighbourhood.

You guys really need to stop taking about an alleged video until when or if it ever shows up.

You best call Rob Ford and ask him to stop sending his goons on a search for the tape he knows doesnt exist.

You're right though, Toronto is more exciting. I don't have to dodge bullets around my neighbourhood.

Violent crime rate London On 950 per 100,000 people

Violent crime rate Toronot On 876 per 100,000 people.

Oh sorry what were you saying? :lol:

You best call Rob Ford and ask him to stop sending his goons on a search for the tape he knows doesnt exist.

Violent crime rate London On 950 per 100,000 people

Violent crime rate Toronot On 876 per 100,000 people.

Oh sorry what were you saying? :lol:

Oh yes, I'm sure his goons are all over the place looking for the non-existent video. As if there would only be one copy. You guys are hilarious!

Oh yes, I'm sure his goons are all over the place looking for the non-existent video. As if there would only be one copy. You guys are hilarious!

Not all his goons, just some.

Toronto police are investigating attempts by associates of Mayor Rob Ford to retrieve the crack cocaine video.

One target of the investigation is Alexander "Sandro" Lisi, 35, a Range Rover-driving Etobicoke man with a criminal history of threatening and assaulting women, who has been acting as an occasional driver and security guard for the mayor.

Nice friends our Mayor has. Shows his integrity.
"(Lisi) knows he is the subject of an investigation," said Domenic Basile, Lisi's lawyer. Basile said Lisi would not answer any questions from the Toronto Star about the investigation or his association with Ford. "It is none of your business," Basile said.

Lisi's criminal record includes convictions for threatening death to one woman, and assault and threatening bodily harm to a second woman. He entered into a peace bond with a third woman who accused him of assault and threatening death. He also has been charged three times with drug possession. Only one of those charges led to a conviction, for which he was given an absolute discharge.

Lisi has told three associates interviewed by the Star that he is a supplier of drugs to Ford.

Too funny, you must keep up with your denials, especially when the Mayors friends dont deny the video is out there.

Not all his goons, just some.

Nice friends our Mayor has. Shows his integrity.

Too funny, you must keep up with your denials, especially when the Mayors friends dont deny the video is out there.

Anyone can report anything they want to the police. Doesn't mean it's true. You guys need some serious help.