Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Faith-based belief in Rob Ford"?

How about YOU research ALL my posts and show where I have ever even CARED if Rob Ford is guilty? He IS the mayor of a foreign city, as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't respect witchhunts, no matter who was involved. I would even defend YOU!

In such a situation, I am not at all confident that you would return the favour. I don't come across as left wing enough for some folk's standards. Therefore I am not entitled to the same rights.

While you are admiring my "epic bail", I am sitting here wondering if some people actually have any sense of reading COMPREHENSION at all...

I am wondering the same thing since we weren't discussing Ford's guilt or innocence, but the claims you made in this post.

They make a phony video clip and start their hoax with some reporters. They choose the Toronto Star because it's much easier to pull a scam when your mark WANTS to believe you!.

Uh, Gawker was first to release the video story. Before even that, the Toronto Police had recordings of not Ryerson students but the drug dealers involved in this video matter talking about said video. The Star was third to be made aware of the video.

[ed.: ital., c/e]

Edited by g_bambino

Uh, Gawker was first to release the video story. Before even that, the Toronto Police had recordings of not Ryerson students but the drug dealers involved in this video matter talking about said video. The Star was third to be made aware of the video.

[ed.: ital., c/e]

Who told us they were drug dealers? How do we know this is actually true?

It may have been all part of the act. There has been zero possibility of authenticating anything to do with the video, including its very existence.

Still, if you hate a man enough why should that stop anyone from hanging him?

Still, if you hate a man enough why should that stop anyone from hanging him?

Once again, the topic you were challenged on and threatened to ignore everyone about was your assertion that there is a load of inefficiency in government that could easily be reduced. Are you going to back it up or just mimic Shady and continue to harp on the same tired old subject of the video?

Uh, the police told me; they told everyone. One assumes what the police told us all was true, since they aren't known for calling the media together to tell the world fabricated stories about raids and the planning and execution and results thereof.

Then again, there's always the conspiracy theory:

It may have been all part of the act.

It may have been all part of the act. There has been zero possibility of authenticating anything to do with the video, including its very existence.

:lol: Edited by jacee

Uh, the police told me; they told everyone. One assumes what the police told us all was true, since they aren't known for calling the media together to tell the world fabricated stories about raids and the planning and execution and results thereof.

Then again, there's always the conspiracy theory:

How could the police have possibly known they were drug dealers if the police never saw the video? Only some reporters from the Toronto Star supposedly saw the video!

I demand you spend a few hours researching cites to prove your point!

Of course, when you are done I will refuse to believe you anyway.

How could the police have possibly known they were drug dealers if the police never saw the video? Only some reporters from the Toronto Star supposedly saw the video!

I demand you spend a few hours researching cites to prove your point!

Of course, when you are done I will refuse to believe you anyway.

They were wiretapping suspected drug dealers and Ford's name came up.

CTV News has learned that Toronto Police were investigating the existence of an alleged video involving Mayor Rob Ford, several weeks before the story first appeared in the Toronto Star.

As part of the investigation leading to the raids on Thursday, officers obtained telephone wire-tap evidence.
A highly-placed source confirms to CTV News that on those wiretaps, persons of interest discussed that video in detail, and referred to the mayor's alleged presence in the video.
That took 0.28 seconds.
Now your turn: do you have any evidence to your claims that "Toronto historically pays more than it should and on too many things that are not primary needs of the city" (bearing in mind that terms "too much" and "primary needs" are often in the eye of the beholder"?

Still talking about that illusive video huh? You guys are priceless.

Actually, No disrespect, but you keep bumping the issue.

I think we're pretty much at a stalemate here. I can concede you'd have to believe in some overarching conspiracy to believe either the video doesn't exist or that whatever video did exist is was doctored.

That being said without a video nothing more can be said. I imagine people who believe Ford is a crack-head wouldn't vote for him anyway so the issue is moot.

You keep bringing it up, troll.

I just commented on it after you decided to google that police "investigation" of said video. Why did you do that? What triggered that? It certainly wasn't anything I said. Keep taking about it. You guys are priceless. I liked your joke regarding the crack pot ideas too. That was a few pages ago. Again, not triggered by me. You just can't help yourself. Carry on.

I just commented on it after you decided to google that police "investigation" of said video. Why did you do that? What triggered that? It certainly wasn't anything I said. Keep taking about it. You guys are priceless. I liked your joke regarding the crack pot ideas too. That was a few pages ago. Again, not triggered by me. You just can't help yourself. Carry on.

You have a short memory, troll. A few pages ago, we were talking about Ford's economic record when some idiot dropped this nugget:

You guys find that video yet?

Who could that have been I wonder?

You have a short memory, troll. A few pages ago, we were talking about Ford's economic record when some idiot dropped this nugget:

Who could that have been I wonder?

I see. So you responded to a different poster over something I said. Sure thing. Just continue your complete and total life obsession with all things Rob Ford. What are you going to do when he wins re-election?

I see. So you responded to a different poster over something I said. Sure thing.

I repeat: no one was talking about the video until you brought it back into the conversation, troll.

Just continue your complete and total life obsession with all things Rob Ford. What are you going to do when he wins re-election?

Is that anything like your all-consuming obsession with this thread? Why is it that you can't seem to stay away, troll?

They were wiretapping suspected drug dealers and Ford's name came up.

That took 0.28 seconds.

Now your turn: do you have any evidence to your claims that "Toronto historically pays more than it should and on too many things that are not primary needs of the city" (bearing in mind that terms "too much" and "primary needs" are often in the eye of the beholder"?

http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/tdsb.html

" Province of Ontario renews infamous contract with trades council that gave Toronto taxpayers $3,000 electrical outlet jobs and $143 pencil sharpener installationscomments"

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2011/02/28/ford_to_clean_house_at_tchc_after_spending_spree_exposed.html

""Mayor Rob Ford called for the resignation of members of the Toronto Community Housing Corp. board on Monday, hours after the citys auditor-general blasted the housing agency for wasting millions in untendered contracts and lavish employee expenses."

"9 Million Dollars unaccountable? Only at Toronto City Hall."

http://thestar.blogs.com/thefixer/2013/05/torontos-ballooning-computer-costs-has-an-eerie-ring.html

"City councils audit committee heard this week that costs for a computer project called the Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting System (FPARS) have escalated from $7.9 million to $69.9 with almost no scrutiny from councillors."

http://www.articleupload.com/about-our-new-streetcars-coming-to-toronto/

"In 2005, Toronto Transit Commission handed over an order to Bombardier for 234 new subway cars. It was a closed order negotiated with the company, with no public tender. TTC came under a strong criticism. Biggest competitor Siemens claimed that it could have saved TTC at least $ 100-million on the purchase."

Ran out of time. Have to catch a bus. There are still some very BIG examples I would need to research!

Oh, almost forgot! When you said "eye of the beholder" are you giving carte blanche approval to grants to theatre groups while streets are flooding?

If so, then we have no room for discussion. Also, Toronto has no hope of ever becoming fiscally responsible.

Edited by Wild Bill

http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/tdsb.html

" Province of Ontario renews infamous contract with trades council that gave Toronto taxpayers $3,000 electrical outlet jobs and $143 pencil sharpener installationscomments"

What does that have to do with the City?

"9 Million Dollars unaccountable? Only at Toronto City Hall."

Yeah i don't really believe Rob "I saved taxpayers a billion dollars!" Ford.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thefixer/2013/05/torontos-ballooning-computer-costs-has-an-eerie-ring.html

"City councils audit committee heard this week that costs for a computer project called the Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting System (FPARS) have escalated from $7.9 million to $69.9 with almost no scrutiny from councillors."

http://www.articleupload.com/about-our-new-streetcars-coming-to-toronto/

"In 2005, Toronto Transit Commission handed over an order to Bombardier for 234 new subway cars. It was a closed order negotiated with the company, with no public tender. TTC came under a strong criticism. Biggest competitor Siemens claimed that it could have saved TTC at least $ 100-million on the purchase."

See, that wasn't so hard. Now then: what is your fiscal guru Rob Ford doing about this stuff?

Oh, almost forgot! When you said "eye of the beholder" are you giving carte blanche approval to grants to theatre groups while streets are flooding?

What are you even talking about?

Edited by Black Dog

See, that wasn't so hard. Now then: what is your fiscal guru Rob Ford doing about this stuff?

What are you even talking about?

MY fiscal guru? You just won't stop or won't listen, will you?

I guess I'm your Ford strawman.

Well, I quit!

You can sing to yourself and those who agree with you.

Life is just too short.