Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting quote by TPS Chief Blair today, makes on wonder what might turn up in the evidence....

Blair refused to say whether Ford is connected to the evidence, what was seized or how it was obtained, or to comment on that fact that police raided the home of a shooting victim who appears in a photo with homicide victim Anthony Smith and the mayor.

All of the evidence has been secured and it will come out in court, where it belongs,” Blair said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/06/13/raid_councillors_call_for_answers_as_ford_blair_wynne_remain_tightlipped.html

Even better and very, very interesting... I have a feeling this does not bode well for Ford.

At a heated press conference called to discuss the major guns and drugs raid Thursday, reporters grilled Chief Bill Blair on the existence of a video that appears to show the mayor smoking crack cocaine.

Blair could have denied it was real. Instead, when asked if wiretaps or any other surveillance turned up evidence of the video, the chief said he could not talk about it.

“There’s an appropriate place for that evidence to be made public and it is through a court of law through a prosecuting attorney,” Blair said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/13/chief_bill_blair_i_dont_answer_to_the_mayor.html

Just saying.

Nothing new to see here.

I like how reporters harassed Ford today. Asked him the same questions no less than 5 times. And this time he gave an adamant denial.

I don't blame him for getting P.O.d at the harassment, they got an answer but won't accept it.

Some of you are a hoot !

Video doesnt exist even though 3 people have seen it.

Ford doesnt deny that it used to exist, doesnt deny he used to smoke crack.

Doesnt answer how or why he is in attendance at a known crack hangout.

Not one of you can show anything , although you keep saying it, of the sort as to manufactured story by the Star

No one has shown how this is a witch hunt

The circle is tightening daily.

Rob Ford, providing laughs daily , but not doing any work for the city.

Good stuff !

And you giggles? For someone giggling a lot you rely on inneuendo.Not a shred of evidence just inference from what he did not say. Before you giggle take a look at the flimsy inneuendo and gossip you build your giggles on.

Your giggling is exactly what I challenge on these posts-people who are so convinced they are right and everyone else wrong they laugh with arrogance and contempt at anything they disagree with.You may giggle at due process but the fact is it will take more than your giggles or inneuendos based on third hand gossip to convict anyone.

But continue to giggle. Tee hee. The fat boy smokes crack. Tee hee.

And you giggles? For someone giggling a lot you rely on inneuendo.Not a shred of evidence just inference from what he did not say. Before you giggle take a look at the flimsy inneuendo and gossip you build your giggles on.

Your giggling is exactly what I challenge on these posts-people who are so convinced they are right and everyone else wrong they laugh with arrogance and contempt at anything they disagree with.You may giggle at due process but the fact is it will take more than your giggles or inneuendos based on third hand gossip to convict anyone.

But continue to giggle. Tee hee. The fat boy smokes crack. Tee hee.

Funny how a story with such flimsy foundations keeps on chugging along with new pieces falling around every day.

But here's the thing: ultimately, if it comes out that Ford smokes crack, it won't tell us anything we don't already know about him. And if he's exonerated, he'll still be Rob Ford.

And you giggles?

Only at those who, in the face of an incredible amount of information, keep on supporting the worst mayor this city has ever seen.

Keep flailing, keep furrowing your brow, keep on that 'conviction in court' thingy you lamely attempt to push and above all else, keep your horse hitched to , as you put it 'the fat bot crack smoker' cuz I love a good laugh.

Yea....Im laughing

So the police knew of an ongoing relationship between Ford and the 3 men in the infamous photo. Two of which have been arrested and the third is now dead. This is not simply a case of the 'maggot' press having it in for the mayor.

My guess is that the 'Dixon Bloods' simply sold drugs to Ford on an ongoing basis and his involvement goes no deeper.

Toronto investigators knew about an ongoing relationship between Mayor Rob Ford and the men he is seen posing with in a widely publicized photograph that has ties to his alleged drug use, police sources tell CBC News.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/06/13/toronto-police-raids.html

Edited by Mighty AC

Watching his apologists defend him has been great comedy.

I fear you may be confusing apologist sentiments for reasonability. I'll be the first one at the hanging tree if and when conclusive evidence comes out. But haven't seen anything convincing yet. To be honest, I've lost interest in this story a while ago. Any headline that would grab my interest at this point would have to be pretty bold and damning.

Your extreme hatred and contempt for the Ford brothers, and overzealous drive to conviction based on heresay is quite sad and more than a bit troubling. Just because others don't share your lynch mob mentality and utter contempt for the concept of innocence without proof, doesn't necessarily mean they are apologists. Maybe they are just waiting for something solid and tangible to be revealed, if it ever does.

Edited by Spiderfish

Guest American Woman

I fear you may be confusing apologist sentiments for reasonability. I'll be the first one at the hanging tree if and when conclusive evidence comes out. But haven't seen anything convincing yet. To be honest, I've lost interest in this story a while ago. Any headline that would grab my interest at this point would have to be pretty bold and damning.

Your extreme hatred and contempt for the Ford brothers, and overzealous drive to conviction based on heresay is quite sad and more than a bit troubling. Just because others don't share your lynch mob mentality and utter contempt for the concept of innocence without proof, doesn't necessarily mean they are apologists. Maybe they are just waiting for something solid and tangible to be revealed, if it ever does.

Exactly. As I've said, I am not Canadian, much less a Torontonian, and I'm not conservative. I am not "apologizing" or "supporting" Ford by any means, and if the video ever actually appears and is determined by experts to be authentic, so be it. However, there's absolutely no proof of it's authenticity, and people seem to think Ford's character alone is enough to make a determination. Imagine if our courts worked that way.

I am concerned over the state of the media these days and how willing too many people are to believe anything and everything that supports their viewpoint/agenda. I think the media has actually become more of a circus show than a source of news in too many instances, and incidents like this prove it, IMO. I'd never even heard of Gawker, but apparently it's an internet gossip site, and I certainly have seen the Toronto Star slant news items into something they are not - yet people are all too willing to say that the video is exactly as claimed - without a shred of reliable proof.

I think it's time for people to start demanding more from the "news" and they can begin by not giving this type of thing credence. The fact that this whole incident originated with a drug dealer makes the whole thing even more incredulous.

Guest Peeves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

I remember Richard Jewell.

I remember Nurse Susan Nelles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Hospital_Murders

Since there are many cases where someone is found 'guilty;' by the public and press AND COPS, and later found to be innocent, I tend to give benefit of doubt until there is proof beyond doubt.

Add to that the possible conspiracy by his detractors. Unions, The Star,Left wing Law Firm, Left wing block, Miller cronies and one must be careful to consider all the mud slinging, claims and suits in law that he has won at great stress and cost.

The story today should be the Liberal law breaking and malfeasance, The Senate crooks, Ford is a minor issue in comparison except for those with and agenda.

Well said !!

I have no hatred for Ford at all, but maybe some contempt. You just don't understand the difference between the standards of a court of law and public opinion. People form opinions based on "heresay" all the time. There is no "overzealous drive to conviction." He hasn't even been charged yet. People have just taken in the situation and Ford's reaction to it and formed their own judgements. There has been no lynching. Ford is still in office, and due process still works. That doesn't mean people should ignore it just because you want them to.

Maybe if you didn't lose interest in this story a while ago, you would have seen something "convincing", like the exodus of his inner circle or, most recently, the police chief who would once come to his defence (see "he never used the word 'bitches'") refusing to do so based on the evidence that will come out in court.

No, We should never trust the police.. Who's notes are taken as the gospel in court. Even Police notes WITHOUT a policeman present (i.e Dead) stand up in court..

Well WWTT< all I can tell you is that from all the massages I get in Certified Massage parlors and paid for by my benefits have NEVER happened at 2:00am and have NEVER involved the massage therapist having to dispose of Kleenex.. At 2:00am, in a known "rub'n'tug".

But lets forget about the facts and evidence,, and lets run with this "mysterious" disappearing Video and hearsay.. Sounds rock solid

So if you smoke crack cocaine at 2am=bad!

Smoking crack cocaine at 2pm=OK???

How about answering the side effects of smoking crack Fletch?

Or just continue as if smoking crack has no side effects.

WWWTT

This is a little off topic, but I have a video of Mulcair murdering a prositute. Don't ask to see it though, cause it'll cost you several hundred thousand dollars. And if you come up with that, it'll take a million. Regardless, Mulcair needs to resign NOW!

Guest American Woman

Except people have seen the Ford video.

I'm sure Shady would be willing to show his video to a select couple of people - who would 'confirm' it. :)

I'm sure Shady would be willing to show his video to a select couple of people - who would 'confirm' it. :)

And are you sure those people will not be anonymous and willing to jeopardize their careers testifying that they saw it? I'm sure you're both full of crap.

See how public opinion works now?