Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the column about Andy Byford, he appears to be doing a good job. He seems to do Rob Ford better than Rob Ford sans the fat jokes.

She does echo the sentiments of the likes of you that Ford's agenda has been nil once he reach the halfway mark.

It's good that Byford is looking at eliminating or at least greatly reducing the number of token collectors once Presto is implemented. Having people make $60,000 a year plus sitting in a booth should be offensive to anyone that does any job that actually requires a minimum amount of skill.

Edited by Boges

Just goes to show what an idiot the man is. He should have been inside at least feigning interest in the deputations.

The Star’s pathological obsession with bringing Ford down have sunk them to the level of the National Enquirer. If the video is factual I suppose it will bring him down.

I know eh! It's almost as bad as Harpers obsession with the LPC!!!

What has the star reported that you feel they shouldn't have? I can only think of one thing.... the KFC caper!

Yeah but they were holding it because the video was inconclusive and they choose not to buy the video. The only reason the Star came forward was because a website went with the story.

The headlines are certainly getting more sensational and the unsupported accusations more extreme. With the Star's own journalistic integrity in question, a six figure price tag may be worth it to accomplish their determined, unwavering goal of politically killing Ford and showing that they actually do operate on a different level than the Enquirer. Running a headline like this without any evidence or support just reinforces their tabloid reporting style.

The headlines are certainly getting more sensational and the unsupported accusations more extreme. With the Star's own journalistic integrity in question, a six figure price tag may be worth it to accomplish their determined, unwavering goal of politically killing Ford and showing that they actually do operate on a different level than the Enquirer. Running a headline like this without any evidence or support just reinforces their tabloid reporting style.

Well said..

The Star’s pathological obsession with bringing Ford down have sunk them to the level of the National Enquirer. If the video is factual I suppose it will bring him down.

By reporting on this, the Star has a pathological obsession, even though it may be true? I believe it was the Star that reported that it cannot be verified as real. They appear to be the first to admit it could be fake and a scam to get money. I think some, however, have more of a pathological obsession to defend Ford, no matter what he does.

But you should ask John Edwards what he thinks of the "level" of the National Enquirer's reporting.

Edited by BubberMiley

Rob Ford is pretty gangsta in that cartoon. It makes the point that Toronto voters probably won't care about crack smoking if they didn't care about DUI's and Smoking Weed.

This Cartoon might even make him more popular.

What's with the Panda with the Drive-by shooting and the Green Super Hero?

Edited by Boges

At first I thought this had to be a scam, but it appears that more than one journalist has seen it. They even have slightly conflicting reports on who called Trudeau a faggot, and which Trudeau they were referring to, so it sounds like the story is actually based on a quick viewing of a video they aren't able to play back and verify very easily.

Ford's lawyer's reaction is kind of a giveaway though. He said, “How can you indicate what the person is actually doing or smoking (from a video)?” And he's right. He could very well have been just smoking tobacco out of a crack pipe in a crack den. :rolleyes:

I'm still willing to give Ford the benefit of the doubt, but that doubt is on shaky ground.

At first I thought this had to be a scam, but it appears that more than one journalist has seen it. They even have slightly conflicting reports on who called Trudeau a faggot, and which Trudeau they were referring to, so it sounds like the story is actually based on a quick viewing of a video they aren't able to play back and verify very easily.Ford's lawyer's reaction is kind of a giveaway though. He said, “How can you indicate what the person is actually doing or smoking (from a video)?” And he's right. He could very well have been just smoking tobacco out of a crack pipe in a crack den. :rolleyes:I'm still willing to give Ford the benefit of the doubt, but that doubt is on shaky ground.

Unless the video actually surfaces, and it's obvious it's him this will just be another thing that comes out that doesn't really change anyone's mind about him.

If the video doesn't surface, it was obviously a scam so it should change anyone's mind about him.

And if Doug Ford buys it?

Deco Labels can well afford to pay the ransom, and frankly it would be worth it. Dougs political aspirations would go down the drain should the video get out there.

Considering the substance abuse from that family , this is not really surprising if true.

By reporting on this, the Star has a pathological obsession, even though it may be true? I believe it was the Star that reported that it cannot be verified as real. They appear to be the first to admit it could be fake and a scam to get money. I think some, however, have more of a pathological obsession to defend Ford, no matter what he does.

But you should ask Paul Edwards what he thinks of the "level" of the National Enquirer's reporting.

Some people have a pathological obsession with smearing himn at any cost. The Star hasn't admitted it could be a fake and a scam, just because they won't pony up doesn't mean they are admitting it's fake. They know if they throw enough unsubstantiated mud it will stick, they don't have to prove it, they've done their dirty work now. I'm not particularly a Rob Ford fan and I can't vote for him.

The Star is using carefully crafted words e.g. 'U.S.Website alleges' ... Why didn't they report illegal activity to the police instead of sitting on it. Heard on the radio earlier that one reporter was offered the video for $20,000.00. I think they can afford that. Their big mistake is reporting this without the actual evidence.

Edited by scribblet

Some people have a pathological obsession with smearing himn at any cost. The Star hasn't admitted it could be a fake and a scam, just because they won't pony up doesn't mean they are admitting it's fake. They know if they throw enough unsubstantiated mud it will stick, they don't have to prove it, they've done their dirty work now. I'm not particularly a Rob Ford fan and I can't vote for him.

The Star is using carefully crafted words e.g. 'U.S.Website alleges' ... Why didn't they report illegal activity to the police instead of sitting on it. Heard on the radio earlier that one reporter was offered the video for $20,000.00. I think they can afford that. Their big mistake is reporting this without the actual evidence.

The Star reports the news. A blogger puts up on his blog that he has seen some stills from the video and it is Ford.

The Star then prints whats news.

Carefully crafted words? Er...no, those are true words, it was a US website. Why would a US b logger call TPS to report this? It isnt the criminality of the crack thats news, it is who is smoking it (alledged of course)

They reported with actual evidence. Not hard to see that.

No need to apologize for our dumb Mayor.