Philosophical Test

msj

Came across this Philosophical Test today and thought I would put it up for others: Oops, the test is here. This one was mistakenly included but is also fun: Take the Test

It asks 30 questions and is really looking at your philosophical "tension" - that is, your consistency or how you contradict yourself.

My score was 7% tension compared to an average of 20%. [Technically speaking it is 2/30 or 6.66% which doesn't surprise me as I'm pretty evil, bwahahahaha]

It tells you which statements (in my case 2) that you answered contradictory to.

For me it was statements 3 and 24 - I think it's fine for people to use a car instead of walking/cycling/train but then I agreed that people should not harm the environment unnecessarily.

Ooooohhh, the tension!

Anyway, it was fun and took only a few minutes.

Edited by msj

I don't get it, I got questions about sex.
I got questions about alcohol and then sex. The test seems to check if you give contradictory answers to moral questions. It is not a test of good or evil but one of moral consistency. Edited by TimG

Guest Derek L

Hmmm 27%.........I want to save the environment, but don’t mind driving my diesel one-ton pick-up a few blocks to purchase hippy medicine………….And people with brain damage are going to heaven even though I’m not religious……mellow.png

I got one tension, the same as msj. I don't see any real tension here. One should not harm the environment unduly, but driving an electric car harms the environment less than getting on one of those dirty city buses that spew forth never-ending plumes of dark smog. And while one "can" always walk/bike/bus, so that driving a car is never really "necessary", the environmental cost of even a "dirty" car is often greatly outweighed by the convenience cost of not driving one.

One question I didn't really think was sufficiently well specified: "was the second world war a just war?". From whose perspective? One might (and I would) argue that the allies response to German and Japanese imperialism and genocide was just. But certainly Germany's actions which instigated the war were not just. Which question is this one supposed to have had tension with if answered a certain way?

I don't agree with the tensions:

?

I guess I wasn`t clear on when they were asking my opinion, or for facts.

Indubitably is the issue. He can't indubitably be one of history's finest artists if judgments about works of art are purely matters of taste. Tastes are relative and personal, they cannot be indubitable. So the question isn't asking about him being a fine artist, but about the indubitable aspect of that claim.

This is why the test is highly flawed. People's understanding and interpretations of the questions are going to vary.