Texas Public School Bible Classes Teach Races Come from Noah’s Sons, B

WIP

Well, I could adopt your tactic and say: "It's back where you wrote it. Go read through what you wrote." But, well, here you go, replete with infantile fonts, emoticons, and taunting:

I conceded your point about not all creationists believing the Earth is 6,000 years old. Ergo, that wasn't the argument you were referring to when you said Creationist argument is supported by the fact that anthropologists and archaeologists are still investigating the way the ancestors of all humans spread around the world.

In the same post quoted above, you went on to say:

Since you raised that, was that the Creationist argument you were referring to? I want to be clear.

Where's the cite to what you said I've stated??? Were you trying to put words in my mouth???

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I conceded your point about not all creationists believing the Earth is 6,000 years old. Ergo, that wasn't the argument you were referring to when you said Creationist argument is supported by the fact that anthropologists and archaeologists are still investigating the way the ancestors of all humans spread around the world.

Show me where I said that! Cite!

Edited by betsy

If you want to count spewing the same nonsense over and over in the face of all manner of evidence as still standing, then yeah, she's still standing.

Well I think she's got a lot of guts to stand her ground against you gang of little bullies.

Whether evangelicals sites are "seizing on this dispute" is not the issue. That's irrelevant.

And not just evangelicals. For some reason nazi sites like Stormfront and Vanguard were also running with that story....they seem to really get bent out of shape by the prospect of Europeans having some Neanderthal blood for some reason also.

Now, if I recall, the issue is that Texas public school boards are promoting pseudoscience in the classroom, like teaching that all human races are Noah's descendents. You have never elaborated on your theory of human origins, so maybe you'd like to tell us how Neanderthals and Denisovans fit into the picture. Are they descendents of Adam and Eve or did God create these other human races before them. Or, are these human relatives descendents of either of Noah's three sons......can't wait to find out.

Real facts apparently count for nothing.

Which facts, the ones you've been told to believe today?

Or the ones we thought were true just a few years ago, but now are no longer?

Pluto's a planet?

Rabbits are giant squirrels?

Pluto's a planet?

You do realize that there's a difference between what is 'true' and what is a 'fact'?

Edited by Sleipnir

We gained new knowledge, and we refined our understanding. Religion doesn't offer that kind of ever increasing clarity.

Can't you just follow the thread back like anyone else? There little back arrow at the top left of every quote that takes you back to the post that quote is from.

Here.

Which I've already explained to you.

Bye-bye bambino. If you cannot provide the cite where I said what you claim I said,

bambino:

that wasn't the argument you were referring to when you said Creationist argument is supported by the fact that anthropologists and archaeologists are still investigating the way the ancestors of all humans spread around the world.

....then I can only assume that either you've got serious comprehension skills, or you're now resorting to dishonesty. Anyway, as you don't even think archeology is a science....that sums up everything about you. In which case, I don't want to waste my time on you. Bye.

Pluto's a planet?

The mods can ban me, but you are a dumb f__k. Pluto being classified a planet or not, that's the best you got to try to invalidate science? It's just a classification scheme, Pluto was at the borderline for this scheme and they decided it's no longer classified as a planet Same with taxonomy (you could look up the meaning if you need to.) Besty, that you say is kicking ass, wets herself when science seems to agree with some details in the bible. (As you would expect with a people's history). Then thinks she's proven a point if science is uncertain about something, says not enough is known about the subject, or new information changes the theories. That's exactly what's powerful about science - the ability to change it's mind, to be open to new information. Unlike Betsy and her ilk.

I think you and Betsy are disgusting, quite frankly. Just slithering around making bs arguments.

The mods can ban me, but you are a dumb f__k. Pluto being classified a planet or not, that's the best you got to try to invalidate science? It's just a classification scheme, Pluto was at the borderline for this scheme and they decided it's no longer classified as a planet Same with taxonomy (you could look up the meaning if you need to.) Besty, that you say is kicking ass, wets herself when science seems to agree with some details in the bible. (As you would expect with a people's history). Then thinks she's proven a point if science is uncertain about something, says not enough is known about the subject, or new information changes the theories. That's exactly what's powerful about science - the ability to change it's mind, to be open to new information. Unlike Betsy and her ilk.

I think you and Betsy are disgusting, quite frankly. Just slithering around making bs arguments.

I'll throw my support behind you on this one.

Aww. that hurts...

NOT! :D

The mods can ban me, but you are a dumb f__k.

I'll throw my support behind you on this one.

Here we see the last refuge of scoundrels, etc...

BORRRING!!! ZZZ

I prefer to use examples for scientists like Galileo. He was despised by other establishment scientists, because he undermined their nice comfortable world view. Even among themselves they can't decide whats true. They had to give up everything they believed in, and did so most regrettably. Someone had to disassemble the Ptolomeic machine. took so long to get it sorta working... specially the part that goes retrograde... damn

Bye-bye bambino. If you cannot provide the cite where I said what you claim I said,

....then I can only assume that either you've got serious comprehension skills, or you're now resorting to dishonesty. Anyway, as you don't even think archeology is a science....that sums up everything about you. In which case, I don't want to waste my time on you. Bye.

The "cite" is provided; you say it has not been. I say I believe archaeology is a science; you say I don't. But, beyond the deliberate obfuscating, your snitty "bye-bye"s say the most: you can't handle being made to deal with your own contradictions. "Bye-bye" is for you a contraction of "I'm going to withdraw into my tightly controlled little world where my hypocricy- and denial-supported belief system that makes me feel good can remain standing and unchallenged".

[ed.: c/e]

Edited by g_bambino