Harper Agrees to meet with Native Chief Theresa Spence

Eyrie

I would think so. I was just pointing out that it's wrong, whatever it is.

Understood. My post was totally to do with the new poster, not a reflection on your reply or even the OP, which is certainly relevant.

This is just spam, unless you are actually willing to discuss on this forum rather than simply advertise your own YouTube videos.

Am I not correct?

Especially if you check out this thread (link).

My first reaction is that Harper made a mistake: many people want to speak to a politician for a favour. The politician's job is to say no.

My second reaction was that Harper was simply agreeing to a pre-arranged meeting with Aboriginals.

My third reaction was to learn that Theresa Spence was supposedly in the party. Was Harper conned? (The exaggerated comparison would be Lucien Bouchard agreeing to meet Moms Bouchard. I still think that Harper was wrong to agree to any meeting.)

-----

My final, fourth, reaction was to understand that Harper is federal PM, and I'm not.

Trudeau and Mulroney, Catholics, changed Canada abruptly like Lesage. Harper will change it slowly, like Bill Davis.

Some pundits (including Craig Oliver and that reporter from CBC) are questioning the fact that she says she'd keep her hunger strike going. The pundits say it is unclear what she's actually aiming for. Will she keep her hunger strike until Harper agrees to their demands? They said Spence has turned herself as someone who gets to "approve" the result of the meeting. They were critical of her....and it doesn't help when media starts getting very critical.

Edited by betsy

She is trying to keep the heat off herself and her boyfriend. And why no noise from the peopole most effected by this poverty, rumours have it they are not allowed to speak. She is a thief and a scam artist and I am hoping she and her BF will be in jail at the end of all this. And it makes me puke to see the libs showing up for photo ops, when they never did a thing to help. At least harper gave the school appoligy, something esle the libs would not even do. And who the hell does martin think he is by saying she is a inspiration to all canadians?

She is trying to keep the heat off herself and her boyfriend. And why no noise from the peopole most effected by this poverty, rumours have it they are not allowed to speak. She is a thief and a scam artist and I am hoping she and her BF will be in jail at the end of all this.

I severely doubt that would happen. In any case, if the band projects were well managed I doubt that the compensation would be an issue. The real issue is that there's a perception that things aren't being done.

And it makes me puke to see the libs showing up for photo ops, when they never did a thing to help. At least harper gave the school appoligy, something esle the libs would not even do. And who the hell does martin think he is by saying she is a inspiration to all canadians?

Welcome to politics. The Liberals don't get chances like this very often.

I severely doubt that would happen. In any case, if the band projects were well managed I doubt that the compensation would be an issue. The real issue is that there's a perception that things aren't being done.

Hundreds of millions apparently up in smoke as per Cheech y Chong. That would be the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Trudeau and Mulroney, Catholics, changed Canada abruptly like Lesage. Harper will change it slowly, like Bill Davis.

Isn't Lesage an airport year Quebec City, coded CYQB?