Mass shooting

....Removing the bolts from a M14, hence visually being able to confirm said rifle is deactivated, a clear example of lack of trust of an elite company of Marines…….What’s next, putting corks on the tips of their M6?

NATO had to re-learn lessons about weapons security and "friendlies" in Afghanistan. Maybe some Secret service wonk is bucking for a promotion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

NATO had to re-learn lessons about weapons security and "friendlies" in Afghanistan. Maybe some Secret service wonk is bucking for a promotion.

I doubt any member of a service that prides itself as having all it’s members being riflemen would make such a call……I would hope the National Command Authority would put more trust into the US armed forces then what it holds for the ANA…..

Ironic that the USSS was created by Abe the day he went to see a show at Ford theatre…… I suppose if I were going to trample over the US Constitution, I wouldn’t want potentially armed guys that have sworn to uphold it around me either……

Guest Derek L

Those look like M1 Garands. Look at the woodwork....

This is a ceremony... with ceremonial rifles... Holy crap Derek, you are seriously stretching....

Can you tell the difference?

standard.jpg

Regardless, the M1 has a bolt also……rolleyes.gif

Regardless, the M1 has a bolt also……

Regardless, it is a ceremonial parade... and their guns have been disabled at many other ceremonial parades, including other inaugurations, just as your link said it did.

This is truly bizarre....

Guest Derek L

Regardless, it is a ceremonial parade... and their guns have been disabled at many other ceremonial parades, including other inaugurations, just as your link said it did.

This is truly bizarre....

It is bizarre why a visible display that the gun is deactivated is now a requirement by the Obama administration.......hence a lack of trust....

Guest Derek L

And another incident from last year……….this time in a war zone:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/14/10684063-in-highly-unusual-move-marines-asked-to-disarm-before-leon-panetta-speech?lite

"All I know is I was told to get the weapons out," Sergeant Major Brandon Hall told The New York Times. Asked why, he replied, "Somebody got itchy, that's all I've got to say. Somebody got itchy; we just adjust."

This President trusted the troops:

659a5893d80aeff4143340f4d531b6d8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Derek L

And a fair CBC piece from tonight's National on Canada's "gun culture":

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2338858905/

Though I don’t know this fellow (Or his daughter) they both post on a popular Canadian Gun Site that I am a member……….I can relate to his thoughts on numerous levels, namely his example of the AR-15/Honda comment and the criminal background check comment, and his retorts to the “anti-gun” comments & suggestions put forth by the interviewer………..Overall, even though the interviewer has a obvious anti-gun bias, I still feel the report was fair…………I notice the interviewer commented that he wasn’t “converted”, but he sure had a big smile on his face after firing the 686.….But “violent power” rolleyes.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2338858905/

Edited by Derek L

Though I don’t know this fellow (Or his daughter) ….But “violent power” rolleyes.gif

ha! I actually thought you might be the guy... as he said, winning over people, one mind at a time! And yes, after firing the magnum, the reporter did have the appropriate comment - "violent power"... and yes, your guy didn't like that phrase, not one bit at all.

Guest Derek L

ha! I actually thought you might be the guy... as he said, winning over people, one mind at a time! And yes, after firing the magnum, the reporter did have the appropriate comment - "violent power"... and yes, your guy didn't like that phrase, not one bit at all.

Nah, as report suggested, he's in Ontario........My tin-foil hat would have Interfered with the camera crews gear too much…………..And it wasn’t an appropriate comment…….There’s no violent urges or releases associated with discharging a firearm………If the reporter felt such feelings after, that’s all him……….He also admitted to feeling not at ease when sitting in front of a table of guns…………That’s all him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Derek L

Sure glad i didn't partake in the run on inflated AR-15s over the last several months:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/19/senate-democrats-wont-even-include-assault-weapons-ban-in-their-gun-control-bill/

WASHINGTON — All but ending chances for an assault weapons ban, Democratic leaders said Tuesday the firearms legislation the Senate will debate next month won’t include the provision that gun-control advocates pressed for after an assault-type weapon was used in the Newtown school shootings in December.

Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he wanted to bring a gun bill to the full Senate that would have enough support to overcome any GOP attempts to prevent debate from even starting. He expressed concern that including the assault weapons provision might effectively block passage of any bill at all.

Instead, the sponsor of the provision, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, said she will offer her ban on the military-style firearms as an amendment. But Feinstein is all but certain to need 60 votes from the 100-member Senate to prevail, and she faces solid Republican opposition as well as likely defections from some Democrats.

“I very much regret it,” Feinstein, D-Calif., told reporters of Reid’s decision. “I tried my best.”

For poor Dianne:

happy.png

Guest Derek L

There still might be an opportunity to stock up on PMAGs for resale. Nobody seriously thought that any significant gun law changes would result from Newtown. This is 'Merka...dammit !

I have a bunch of USGI 30 rounder’s (pinned to 5 of course) but nearly caved a few weeks to purchasing $50 P-MAGS……I did just pay $350 for another 10 M-14 mags, but I think that was around pre-hysteria pricing (That‘s what I told the finance minister anyways)…..The thing that I’ve noticed up here and have heard likewise down in the States is the run on .22LR………..Bricks can still be found if you search or buy 5000 cases, but it still seems odd…………wacko.png

Well I hope the gun grabbers are happy………I know the gun makers, dealers and NRA sure are……..You going to watch the NRA 500? wink.png

...Well I hope the gun grabbers are happy………I know the gun makers, dealers and NRA sure are……..You going to watch the NRA 500?

Sure....I can watch while I clean me guns !

In other gun grabbing news.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/sean-moore-facebook-gun-photo_n_2910779.html?1363735536&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D286156

Guest Derek L

Oh yeah, we had one a year or so ago where a school teacher contacted social services and the police when a young student drew a picture of his Dad shooting after a weekend out.............

Well Magpul is telling Colorado to pound sand........I 'heard they're moving to Texas..............

Colt recently shut-down the plant and sent a couple of shifts of factory workers to protest outside of the Conn. State legislature.....

And perhaps the biggest one of all, in Illinois, ArmaLite, Rock River, Springfield and Lewis Machine and tool are planning to leave the State.........

All eyes are on what Big Green will do and if they'll leave New York.........

Guest Derek L

Hmm Rumours of Colt “bolting” (pun intended) from Connecticut have a little teeth after all………

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/21/colt-ceo-says-no-definite-plans-to-stay-or-flee-connecticut-amid-gun/

President and CEO Dennis Veilleux said the pro-gun control climate that has taken hold in the wake of the Sandy Hook school massacre and other firearm attacks has left him feeling unwelcome in the state his company has called home for 175 years. Proposed laws being debated by the Legislature and pushed by Gov. Dannel Malloy include a new gun offender registry, an expanded assault weapons ban, ammunition restrictions and a ban on bulk purchases of handguns. Veilleux said those measures have put Colt and its nearly 700 employees in the crosshairs.

And what it comes down to:

Veilleux, 47, said Colt is “constantly approached” by other states to relocate. Several red state governors have made no secret of the fact they covet firearms makers, an industry that by some measures contributes $1.7 billion annually to Connecticut's economy.

But the Democratic Governor wants his cake………

Malloy spokesman Andrew Doba says the Democratic governor does not want Colt and its 670 employees to leave the state.

“The governor has been clear for some time that while he does not want manufacturers to leave the state, we need to move ahead with common sense gun violence prevention legislation that will improve public safety,” Doba wrote FoxNews.com in an email.

Connecticut's unemployment rate was 8.2 percent in December. In Hartford County, where Colt is based and provides what Veilleux considers high-paying jobs, that figure was 8.1 percent. Both jobless rates are well above the national average of 7.7 percent.

Guest Derek L

To add, If Colt does leave Connecticut after the passage of unfriendly legislation, I will purchase, through a legal importer, and likely having to wait months, if not a year plus, two Colt LE6940s’ to help pay for the move…..